Product Code: 67907
The windows and doors market (henceforth, referred to as the market studied) is estimated to be valued at more than USD 250 billion, and it is expected to register a CAGR of more than 3.5%, during the forecast period.
- The market studied is having significant growth, owing to developments in the commercial and residential markets, coupled with new construction and renovation. Construction in emerging economies with increased spending on infrastructure also leads to positive demand in the industry.
- People's structural shifts in demanding space and sound insulation systems due to changing lifestyles fuel the demand for doors and windows. Moreover, government spending on housing and public infrastructure, along with FDI policies, improved the scope of the product. The demand for premium designs and colors with different features is the key factor affecting the demand for these products. In the residential sector, windows and doors with modern design, irregular shapes, wide glazing areas, and artistic details are popular in developed economies, like the United States.
- Multipanel patio doors are one of the fastest-growing categories as they offer good access to natural light, outdoor drinking, and eating places. Impact-resistant windows and doors, along with energy-efficient windows and doors, are trending in the market studied.
- Technological innovation by the players in the market studied, such as producing eco-friendly doors and windows and smart doors, may further drive the growth of the market studied. Smart glass, which can automatically darken or lighten itself, has huge opportunities to remain functional in the market. Smart windows that can be designed with sensors that respond to changes in climate, angle of the sun and cloud cover have huge opportunities going forward. Additionally, these glasses can also help in security breaches as well as architectural features, such as extensions.
Key Market Trends
Worldwide Increase in Construction Spending Driving the Growth of the Market
Suppliers are going to benefit from the increased spending on the construction sector in homes, offices, retail, and the institutional building, where the doors and windows are used intensively.
During the construction of new buildings and homes, a large number of windows and doors are installed. Therefore, an increase in construction expenditure may lead to an increase in demand for these products globally. Along with expenses in construction, commercial and residential real estate activities, such as new building construction, are also rising to accommodate the population in the emerging and developed economies. As the construction for buildings starts, the demand for doors and windows is expected to increase. Increasing demand for infrastructure and real state will drive the product demand.
In developed economies, an increase in consumer spending on house and remodeling are also driving the market growth in the coming years. Owners are spending on reconstruction as the economy becomes stronger and house prices start to recover.
Asia-Pacific has the Highest Growth among the Regions during the Forecast Period
The Asia-Pacific windows and doors market is expected to grow the fastest among other regions. China is leading the market with the highest growth rate. The growth in the region can be attributed due to an increase in the number of construction projects to meet the industrial requirements, such as the construction of airports, dams, and hydro-electric projects. The huge population in China and India, along with development in the construction sector, is responsible for the growth in this region. Moreover, government spending to improve infrastructure in these developing economies further fuel the growth and development of windows and doors in the region.
The market studied is highly fragmented due to the presence of a large number of small- and large-scale manufacturers. Players collaborate and partner with other players in the market, in order to remain competitive. Product launching and acquisition is the key developmental strategy adopted by most of the players in the market studied. Some of the key players in the market studied are Masco Corporation, Andersen Corporation, Marvin Windows & Doors, Pella Corporation, Atrium Corporation, OTTO FUCHS Kommanditgesellschaft, Jeld-Wen Holding Inc., YKK Corporation, Lixil Group Corporation, and MI Windows and Doors LLC.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Insights
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Imports and Exports Analysis by Product Type
- 4.3 Analysis of Demand for, and Supply of, Doors and Windows by Product Type
- 4.4 Insights on Windows and Doors by Mechanism Type (Swinging, Sliding, Folding, Revolving, and Other Mechanism Types)
- 4.5 Insights on Development Policies and Plans including Costs and Manufacturing
- 4.6 Technological Advancement and Innovations in the Market
- 4.7 Insights on the Smart Windows and Doors Market
- 4.8 Insights on Green Building Certification Programs
5 Market Dynamics
- 5.1 Drivers
- 5.2 Restraints / Challenges
- 5.3 Opportunities
- 5.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 5.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 5.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
6 Market Segmentation
- 6.1 By Material Type
- 6.1.1 Metal
- 6.1.2 Wood
- 6.1.3 Plastic
- 6.1.4 Other Material Types
- 6.2 By End User
- 6.2.1 Residential
- 6.2.2 Commercial
- 6.2.3 Other End Users
- 6.3 Geography
- 6.3.1 North America
- 6.3.2 Europe
- 6.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 6.3.4 Latin America
- 6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
7 Competitive Landscape
- 7.1 Market Concentration
- 7.2 Company Profiles
- 7.2.1 Andersen Corporation
- 7.2.2 Masco Corporation
- 7.2.3 Marvin Windows & Doors
- 7.2.4 Pella Corporation
- 7.2.5 Atrium Corporation
- 7.2.6 OTTO FUCHS Kommanditgesellschaft
- 7.2.7 Jeld-Wen Holding Inc.
- 7.2.8 YKK Corporation
- 7.2.9 Lixil Group Corporation
- 7.2.10 MI Windows and Doors LLC
8 Market Opportunities and Future Trends
9 Investment Analysis
11 About Us