Product Code: 51136
TThe 3D sensor market was valued at USD 2.02 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 5.46 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 18% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025. Increasing adoption of 3D technology in various industry verticals has given rise to the development of sensors that can gauge shapes in real-time. Instruments that were once bulky are now miniaturized, due to advanced technologies. Also, rapid technological advancements open up a plethora of new applications across different industry verticals, where these sensors can be used.
- Increasing demand for consumer electronics is expected to provide opportunities to increase the company's revenue.
- Also, the growing need for advanced security and a surveillance camera is anticipated to provide growth oppoertunities to the market.
- Furthermore, in manufacturing industries are using this technology to detect faults in the shapes and sizes of the produced products. The automobile industry is employing 3D sensors to continuously scan nearby vehicles, in order to enable improved safety and aid in developing the autonomous/driverless technology.
Scope of the Report
The 3D Sensor market is segmented by product, technology, end-user verticle and region. The product segment is further split into position sensor, image sensor, temperature sensor, accelerometer sensor, and others. The technology segment is split into ultrasound, structured light, time of flight and others while the end-user verticle is split into consumer electronics, automotive, healthcare, and others.
Key Market Trends
Automotive to Hold Significant Share
- In 2017, the global sales value of passenger cars, hit over 78 million vehicles. Along with China, the United States became one of the most significant automobile markets worldwide, both, in terms of sales and production. Over 6.3 million passenger cars were sold to US customers in 2017, and around four million cars were produced in the country in the same year.
- The car and automotive sector is one area, which is likely to be affected significantly by the 3D modeling market, consequently, boosting the 3D sensor market.
- Further, the increased use of 3D technology in the R&D department of the automotive industry propels growth prospects for the market in Europe, especially in Germany and the United Kingdom. This technology is used to design and engineer new vehicle models.
- Many manufacturers in emerging countries, like India, are heavily investing in R&D activities. They are focusing on engineering and designing new vehicle models. This factor is leading to increased adoption of 3D mapping and navigation solutions, in order to design cars and other vehicles. All these factors are aiding the growth of the 3D sensor market.
North America to hold Major Share
- In North America, the United States is expected to be the largest and fastest growing market owing to the great demand coming from the consumer electronics and automotive sectors, which have been employing 3D sensors for multiple applications in their domains.
- Moreover, the local player Apple's product, iPhone is playing a significant role in increasing the demand for smartphones in the United States. Similarly, in Canada, a trend of people keen on trying innovative technology is on a rise.
- It has led to the growth in demand for the consumer who prefers enhanced image quality, such as laptops, and Ultra HD, or 4K television sets. This is, further, expected to drive the 3D sensor market. In addition, the fast adoption of new technology in this region, such as the self-driving cars, is further expected to drive the demand for 3D sensors in the automotive sector.
The 3D sensor market is a moderately competitive market. however, with increased innovations and sustainable products, to maintain their position in the global market, many of the companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts by tapping new markets.
- June 2019 - Infineon launched 3D image sensor solution for the mobile device market, the REAL3 IRS2381C. The IRS2381C image sensor delivers a premium, secure, real-time 3D viewing experience that delivers exceptional performance regardless of lighting conditions, including outdoor.
- January 2018 - Intel released two ready-to-use RealSense depth cameras, the D415, and the D435, that enable developers to build 3D depth sensing into any design, but they are also ready to be embedded into high-volume products.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Rising Demand for 3D-Enabled Devices in Consumer Electronics
- 4.3.2 Increasing Use of 3D Sensing Technology in Gaming Applications
- 4.3.3 Integration of Optical and Electronic Components in Miniaturized Electronics Devices
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 High Cost Required for the Maintenance of These Devices
- 4.4.2 Integration With Interfaces in Different Devices
- 4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product
- 5.1.1 Position Sensor
- 5.1.2 Image Sensor
- 5.1.3 Temperature Sensor
- 5.1.4 Accelerometer Sensor
- 5.1.5 Other Products
- 5.2 Technology
- 5.2.1 Ultrasound
- 5.2.2 Structured Light
- 5.2.3 Time of Flight
- 5.2.4 Other Technologies
- 5.3 End-user Vertical
- 5.3.1 Consumer Electronics
- 5.3.2 Automotive
- 5.3.3 Healthcare
- 5.3.4 Other End-user Verticals
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia Pacific
- 5.4.4 Latin America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Intel Corporation
- 6.1.2 Occipital Inc.
- 6.1.3 SoftKinetic SA
- 6.1.4 Sick AG
- 6.1.5 LMI Technologies
- 6.1.6 Infineon Technologies AG
- 6.1.7 XYZ Interactive Technologies
- 6.1.8 OmniVision Technologies
- 6.1.9 Panasonic Corporation
- 6.1.10 Cognex Corporation.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS