Product Code: 66075
The market for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is anticipated to register a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period 2019 - 2024. Increasing demand form flexible packaging from various end-user industries is expected to drive the demand for the market during the forecast period.Growing demand for a substitute such as LLDPE and HDPE in the region such as North America, Europe, etc is likely to hinder the market studied.
- Increasing demand for LDPE in the pharmaceutical industry is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption in 2018.
Scope of the Report
The low-density polyethylene market report includes:
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Packaging Industry
- Low-density polyethylene is being used in different end-user industries due to their properties of chemical resistance, flexible, soft, etc. The major end user is the packaging industry.
- Low-density polyethylene is majorly used in the food industry for packaging applications. It can hold products without emitting harmful chemicals. Owing to less moisture content it is used in the storage of food items.
- Furthermore, the global packaging market was about USD 851 billion in 2017, an increase of 2.8% from the previous year.
- The packaging is one of the largest application sectors for LDPE, this is due to the robust demand from developing countries such as India and China.
- Globally, China is expected to account for around 48% of the growth in the consumption of packaging by 2022.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to increase the demand for LDPE from packaging industry.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global market with a share of more than 30% in 2018. This growth is majorly due to the rising demand from the packaging industry in countries such as China, India, and Japan.
- Industries such as food & beverages in Asia-Pacific are propelling market growth.
- China is the largest consumer of the packaging in Asia- Pacific. By 2020, China is expected to have around half of the world's packaging consumption growth.
- Furthermore, the estimated value of the packaging industry in India is about USD 14 billion and expected to grow more.
- According to Indian Packaging Institute, the manufacturer of packaging in India in around 700 in early 2018.
- The increase in lightweight packaging in industries such as electronics, healthcare, and food & beverages in the region are driving the growth of the market studied.
Low-density polyethylene market is fragmented. Key players in the Low-density polyethylene market include Exxon Mobil Corporation, LyondellBasell, DowDuPont, LG Chem, Reliance Industries Limited, etc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rise in Demand from Flexible Packaging
- 4.1.2 Growing Demand for Film & Sheets
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Substitution of Other Polyethylene Products
- 4.2.2 Banning of Plastics
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 End-User Industry
- 5.1.1 Agriculture
- 5.1.2 Electrical & Electronics
- 5.1.3 Packaging
- 5.1.4 Construction
- 5.1.5 Others
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 Asia-Pacific
- 22.214.171.124 China
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.2 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 5.2.3 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 Italy
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.2.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- 6.4.2 China Petrochemical Corporation
- 6.4.3 DowDuPont
- 6.4.4 Exxon Mobil Corporation
- 6.4.5 Formosa Plastics Corporation
- 6.4.6 LG Chem
- 6.4.7 LyondellBasell
- 6.4.8 National Petrochemical Company
- 6.4.9 NOVA Chemicals Corporation
- 6.4.10 Reliance Industries Limited
- 6.4.11 Westlake Chemical Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing Demand of LDPE in Pharmaceutical Industry