Product Code: 66075
The market for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 4%, during the forecast period. Increasing demand for flexible packaging, from various end-user industries, is expected to drive the demand for the market during the forecast period. The demand for a substitute, such as LLDPE and HDPE, in the regions, such as North America, Europe, etc., is likely to hinder the market studied.
- Increasing demand for LDPE in the pharmaceutical industry is likely to act as an opportunity for the market studied, in the future.
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market, with the largest consumption recorded.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Films and Sheets to Boost the Market
Low-density polyethylene is being used in different end-user industries because of their properties of chemical resistance, flexible, soft, etc. Some of the major end-user industries include Packaging, Electrical & electronics.
Low-density polyethylene is majorly used in the food industry for packaging applications. It can hold products without emitting harmful chemicals. Owing to less moisture content it is used in the storage of food items.
The packaging is the largest application sector for LDPE. The robust demand from developing countries such as India and China.
However, the demand for the LDPE is being hindered by increasing usage of HDPE in developed countries such as the United States.
All the aforementioned factors, is expected to increase the demand for the LDPE from various industries. This, in turn, expected to drive the demand for the Low density polyethylene during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global market, with a share of more than 30%. This growth is majorly due to the rising demand from the packaging industry, in countries, such as China, India, and Japan.
- Industries in Asia-Pacific, such as food and beverages, are propelling the market growth.
- China is the largest consumer of packaging in the region. By 2020, China is expected to be responsible for around half of the world's packaging consumption growth.
- The estimated value of the packaging industry in India is about USD 14 billion, and it is expected to grow further.
- The increase in lightweight packaging in industries, such as electronics, healthcare, and food and beverages, in the region is driving the growth of the market studied.
The low-density polyethylene market is fragmented in nature. Key players in the market studied include Exxon Mobil Corporation, LyondellBasell, Dow, LG Chem, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, etc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rise in Demand from Flexible Packaging
- 4.1.2 Surging Demand for Film and Sheets
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Substitution of Other Polyethylene Products
- 4.2.2 Banning of Plastics
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 End-user Industry
- 5.1.1 Agriculture
- 5.1.2 Electrical and Electronics
- 5.1.3 Packaging
- 5.1.4 Construction
- 5.1.5 Other End-user Industries
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.2 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Mexico
- 5.2.3 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.2.4 South America
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
- 5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- 6.4.2 China Petrochemical Corporation
- 6.4.3 DowDuPont
- 6.4.4 Exxon Mobil Corporation
- 6.4.5 Formosa Plastics Corporation
- 6.4.6 LG Chem
- 6.4.7 LyondellBasell
- 6.4.8 National Petrochemical Company
- 6.4.9 NOVA Chemicals Corporation
- 6.4.10 Reliance Industries Limited
- 6.4.11 Westlake Chemical Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing Demand for LDPE in Pharmaceutical Industry