Product Code: 52942
The market for 3D concrete printing is expected to expand at a CAGR of around 17%, during the forecast period. Key factors driving the market studied include increasing demand for customized and money efficient constructions, increasing investments in infrastructure, due to rapid urbanization and industrialization, etc.
- The requirement of skilled labor and capital investment for 3D printing is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Increasing innovations in the Asia-Pacific 3D printing market is likely to act as an opportunity, in the future.
Key Market Trends
Residential Sector to Dominated the Market
- As a result of rapid urbanization, especially in developing countries, the demand for residential construction is increasing day-by-day.
- The market for 3D concrete printing in the residential segment has expanded globally, majorly in Asia-Pacific and other emerging economies. The demand for houses is higher than the supply in emerging nations, like South Africa. Moreover, the rise in demand for housing in urban areas has increased, and the government's National Infrastructural Plan is supporting this growth, with new projects expected in the future.
- DuBox, modular design, and off-site construction company have already demonstrated UAE's first, locally 3D-printed concrete building from real-life construction objects. The company partnered with the University of Eindhoven, in the Netherlands, and the engineering consultancy firm, Witteveen+Bos, to achieve this target.
- During the fifth International Conference for Sustainable Construction Materials, in Dubai, the local government has laid out a plan to have 25% of its buildings 3D-printed, by 2030.
- The aforementioned factors are expected to drive the demand for 3D concrete printing, during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- In Asia-Pacific, China is one of the leading country, emerged as a major 3D concrete printing consumer, due to strong government support, efforts toward standardization, and expanding application segments.
- The Asia-Pacific construction sector is the largest in the world and is increasing at a healthy rate, owing to the rising population, increase in middle-class income, and urbanization. Increasing infrastructure construction activity is the major driver for the Asia-Pacific construction sector
- China is expected to serve as the largest market, due to its rapid industrial development and increasing urban population.
- In addition, the entry of major players from the European Union into the lucrative market of China has further fueled the industry's expansion.
- Owing to their business potential, countries, like Indonesia, China, Malaysia, Singapore, and South Korea, have become hosts to numerous national and international events. This move has accelerated the demand for hotels, shopping malls, high-rise buildings, and arenas and stadiums (both outdoor and indoor), thereby boosting the construction industry in the respective regions.
- Thus, construction activity has been growing in the Asia-Pacific, which is expected to boost the 3D concrete printing market.
The 3D concrete printing market is consolidated market, with few players capturing most of the market share. Key players in the market include Yingchuang Building Technique (Shanghai) Co. Ltd (WinSun), Sika AG, Skanska, LafargeHolcim, and Dus Architects, among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Customized and Money Efficient Constructions
- 4.1.2 Increasing Investments in Infrastructure due to Rapid Urbanization and Industrialization
- 4.1.3 Increasing Focus on Eco-friendly and Smart Constructions
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Requirement of Skilled Labor and Capital Investment for 3D Printing
- 4.2.2 Lack of Standardization and Limited Product Variety
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Regulatory Policy Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Concrete Type
- 5.1.1 Ready-mix
- 5.1.2 High-density
- 5.1.3 Precast
- 5.1.4 Shotcrete
- 5.2 By Product Type
- 5.2.1 Walls
- 5.2.2 Floors and Roofs
- 5.2.3 Panels and Lintels
- 5.2.4 Staircases
- 5.2.5 Other Product Types
- 5.3 By Sector
- 5.3.1 Residential
- 5.3.2 Commercial
- 5.3.3 Infrastructural
- 5.3.4 Architectural
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Australia & New Zealand
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 Italy
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Russia
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3D CONCRETE
- 6.4.2 Balfour Beatty
- 6.4.3 Carillion PLC (PwC)
- 6.4.4 Dus Architects
- 6.4.5 Foster + Partners
- 6.4.6 HEIDELBERGCEMENT AG
- 6.4.7 Kier Group PLC
- 6.4.8 KOHN PEDERSEN FOX ASSOCIATES PC
- 6.4.9 LafargeHolcim
- 6.4.10 Sika AG
- 6.4.11 Skanska
- 6.4.12 UNIVERSE ARCHITECTURE BV
- 6.4.13 Yingchuang Building Technique (Shanghai) Co. Ltd (WinSun)
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing Innovations in the Asia-Pacific 3D Printing Market, Especially, China
- 7.2 Others