Product Code: 56610
The Push Buttons & Signaling Devices Market was valued at USD 1.95 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 2.49 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 4.13% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025. Push buttons enable users to control the functioning of machines or equipment during an emergency. On the other side, Signaling devices are highly essential in any safety management system, starting from fire alarm to earthquake warning. Such devices alert employees about the inbound threat and prevent loss of life. Push buttons are preferred in industrial applications, owing to the degree of functionality afforded over other switches. Unlike a standard switch that provides one particular function, push buttons can be used to connect to other mechanical applications through linkages.
- Automation is a significant driver for the growth of this market. Push buttons and signaling devices are expected to gain prominence, considering the increasing automation across various industries. The automotive industry is extensively using these devices in commercial vehicles.
- The primary factor that drives the demand is the flexibility in control and functionality that devices offer in the industrial space and the enhancement in the safe work environment on the industry floors.
- Rising awareness about the safety in industries like manufacturing, oil & gas, construction, food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals is demanding for advanced industrial safety devices further driving the market. In an industrial environment, the safety of the equipment and workforce is always a major concern
- Large and small scale industries prefer, as well as opt for automation of these systems, primarily to avoid the human error factor. Due to the emergence of industrial control systems such as SCADA, PLC and IT control, there is a growth of this market.
- There is a high initial investment in creating supporting infrastructure and automation which is the major restraint of push button and signaling device market. Technological advancements and the presence of low-cost safety device manufacturers is the challenge for the market.
- There is an emergence of touch-based buttons on machine interface in a few applications, such as automotive and machine control, which is an indication of substitute technology that is expected to impact the market scenario.
Scope of the Report
Push buttons are power controlling switches of a machine or appliance. Usually, they are metal or thermoplastic switches that grant easy access to the user. Push buttons are extensively used in industries, owing to the comfort and safety provided by them in several industrial and commercial applications. Switches and control push-buttons are used for building and industrial installations are also covered under the scope of the study.
Key Market Trends
Automotive End-user Segment Expected to Witness Significant Growth
The automotive industry is expected to drive the demand for push buttons and switches. Push buttons are widely used for implementing keyless access in vehicles. Push button ignition is being adopted by many automobile companies owing to their comfort and reliability. Due to the increasing number of road accidents and internal damages to vehicles, automotive manufacturers are focusing on improving vehicular safety. Panel lights and horns are the most commonly used signaling devices.
For instance, push buttons are used for powering indicators, in case the vehicle is required to pass through a cross-section. This provides ease-of-use, as well as improves passenger safety. Signaling devices both visual and audible are essential components which inform passengers and drivers in case the doors are open or the seat-belts are not buckled.
- Automotive manufacturers are focusing on providing additional features, like video surveillance and strobes. Emergency lighting is included in all newly manufactured vehicles. This is expected to drive the market's growth. Such extended applications and the longevity of the serviceable life are expected to drive the demand. Moreover, these devices are priced moderately, which makes them an affordable solution in vehicles.
- Governments across the world are passing regulations to improve drivers safety in vehicles. Hence, automotive manufacturers are focusing on developing innovative solutions in order to protect vehicles. Automobiles including push buttons for keyless usage are considered as premium vehicles. Hence, many automobile manufacturers include them, to gain traction among customers.
North America Expected to Hold Largest Market Share
North America is one of the prominent regions in signaling devices market contributing highest revenue globally due to growing automation in manufacturing plants and petrochemical units, which require monitoring systems in hazardous locations.
- In the United States, automotive companies like Toyota, Lexus, Ford, Nissan, and BMW are releasing new automobiles with the keyless driving facility. This has led to the increasing use of push buttons and signaling devices in the automotive segment in this region.
- In the food and beverage industry, signaling devices are extensively used in order to store food items at a specific temperature and cold storage. In case there is some change or fluctuation, these devices alarm workers. Thus, they can avoid the spoiling or wastage of stored foods. For instance, RTD sensors and temperature transmitter solution for dairy products.
- Stringent regulations for maintaining the safe work environment are expected to aid the demand for push buttons and signaling devices. The replacement cycle is expected to be a significant driving factor for the market's growth. New applications, such as touch-based buttons are expected to drive the competition in the market.
The push buttons and signaling devices market is fragmented with high competition present among the players.
- March 2018: RS Components Ltd. announced a major expansion of switching products of C&K which include both board and panel-mounted switch portfolio from C&K wide range of electromechanical switches and pushbuttons.
March 2018: According to an article of Hindustan Times, push buttons are used at traffic signals to crossroads in Navi Mumbai which is part of the walkability project of the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation. For the first time, the city has got pedestrian push buttons at traffic junctions. The initiative will give power to the pedestrians to change the traffic signal to a pedestrian walk sign and allow them to cross the road.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.1 Market Drivers
- 5.1.1 Creating Safe Working Environment For The Industrial Workers
- 5.1.2 Favorable Government Regulations For Industrial Safety
- 5.2 Market Restraints
- 5.2.1 High Initial Investment In Creating Supporting Infrastructure And Automation
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 6.1 By Products
- 6.1.1 Round or Square Body Type
- 6.1.2 Non-lighted Push Button
- 6.1.3 Other Products
- 6.2 By Types
- 6.2.1 Audible
- 6.2.2 Visible
- 6.2.3 Other Types
- 6.3 By End-user Industry
- 6.3.1 Automotive
- 6.3.2 Energy and Power
- 6.3.3 Manufacturing
- 6.3.4 Food and Beverage
- 6.3.5 Other End-user Industries
- 6.4 Geography
- 6.4.1 North America
- 18.104.22.168 US
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 6.4.2 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 UK
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 6.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 6.4.4 Latin America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Latin America
- 6.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 22.214.171.124 UAE
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1 Company Profiles
- 7.1.1 Rockwell Automation Inc.
- 7.1.2 Siemens AG
- 7.1.3 ABB Ltd.
- 7.1.4 Schneider Electric
- 7.1.5 Federal Signal Corporation
- 7.1.6 BACO Controls Inc.
- 7.1.7 Solomon Technology Corporation
- 7.1.8 Omron Industrial Automation (Omron Corporation)
- 7.1.9 Nuova ASP SRL
- 7.1.10 Oslo Switch Inc.
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS