Product Code: 52923
The nanofiber market is expected to register a CAGR of around 25% during the forecast period. The major factors driving the growth of market studied are the increasing demand in filtration technology, emerging use of nanofibers in the textile sector, increasing demand for medical, life science, and pharmaceutical applications, and the increasing demand from the automotive and aerospace industries. On the flipside, difficulty in shift of carbon nanofibers from lab scale to plant scale due to small size and complexity and the lack of sensitive instrumentation to calibrate properties of nanofibers are some of the major stumbling blocks in growth of the studied market.
- The healthcare and biomedical segment dominated the market, and is likely to grow during the forecast period, owing to the growing application in the field of medical, pharmaceuticals, and life science and the increasing investments in the healthcare industry, especially in the Asia-Pacific and the Middle Eastern countries.
- The increasing R&D and high-potential market for cellulosic nanofibers are likely to provide opportunities for the studied market during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, where the demand for nanofibers are majorly driven by the increasing application and demand from industries, such as automotive, electronics, energy, aerospace, healthcare, and defense.
Key Market Trends
The Healthcare and Biomedical Segment to Dominate the Market Demand
- The healthcare and biomedical industry is the largest contributor to the growing demand of nanofibers globally.
- Applications, such as drug delivery, wound healing, tissue engineering, and barrier textile employs services of nanofibers on a wide scale in the healthcare and biomedical industry.
- In drug delivery applications, nanofiber membrane from biopolymers is widely used as a bioactive material or drug carrier.
- Nanofiber layers produced from biopolymers (chitosan, gelatin, collagen, polycaprolactone, etc., or combinations of these materials) can also be used as a wound dressing for significant support of the wound healing process.
- These materials also act as possible substrates for growing cells. Nanofibers also act as an effective barrier for microorganism penetration (viruses, bacteria, and molds).
- North America has been substantially investing on R&D in the field of biomedical. The Asia-Pacific and Middle Eastern countries have been increasing investments into healthcare sector.
- Hence, all such market trends are expected to drive nanofibers demand for medical applications during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global market share. The increasing demand from industries like the healthcare, aerospace and defense, energy, and automotive industries have been driving the growth of the studied market.
- Due to high price competition in developed markets and the growth of the generic drug market, many pharmaceutical companies are focusing on ASEAN countries, as they hold huge potential for the pharmaceutical industry.
- In India, the government's initiative, "Pharma Vision 2020", aims to make the country a global leader in end-to-end drug manufacturing, which has been attracting huge investments into the domestic pharmaceutical industry.
- Japan is one of the largest producers of electronics, aircraft, and energy equipment. Japan is involved in the manufacturing the F-35A next-generation fighter jet and other military aircraft and the strengthening the foundation of the aerospace manufacturing in the country. The production of commercial aircraft is increasing from last couple of years, owing to the increasing cargo demands.
- China leads in the global production of electronics and automotive. Owing to the growing electronic production and the increasing application of semiconductors, the government has set goal for semiconductor industry of reaching USD 305 billion in output by 2030.
- South Korea is one of the major exporters of electronics and automotive. Thus, with the growing domestic and foreign demand for their electronic products and vehicles, market players have been increasing their industrial output in the country.
- Hence, all such prevailing market trends is expected to drive the demand for nanofiber market in the region, during the forecast period.
The nanofiber market is a partially fragmented market, where numerous players holds insignificant share of the market to affect the market dynamics individually. Some of the noticeable players in the market include Toray Industries Inc., Hollingsworth and Vose, eSpin Technologies Inc., Elmarco, and Teijin Limited, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand in Filtration Technology
- 4.1.2 Emerging Use of Nanofibers in the Textile Sector
- 4.1.3 Increasing Demand in Medical, Life Science, and Pharmaceutical Usage
- 4.1.4 Increasing Demand for the Automotive and Aerospace End-user Industry
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Difficulty in Shift of Carbon Nanofibers from Lab Scale to Plant Scale due to Small Size and Complexity
- 4.2.2 Lack of Sensitive Instrumentation to Calibrate Properties of Nanofibers
- 4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Technology Snapshot
- 4.5.1 Coaxial Spinning
- 4.5.2 Electrospinning (includes bubble-electrospinning)
- 4.5.3 Electrospraying
- 4.5.4 Emulsion Spinning
- 4.5.5 Melt Spinning
- 4.5.6 Sol-Gel
- 4.5.7 Force Spinning
- 4.6 Patent Snapshot
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product Type
- 5.1.1 Carbon Nanofiber
- 5.1.2 Ceramic Nanofiber
- 5.1.3 Composite Nanofiber
- 5.1.4 Glass Nanofiber
- 5.1.5 Metallic Nanofiber
- 5.1.6 Polymeric Nanofiber
- 5.1.7 Other Types
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Electronics
- 5.2.2 Healthcare and Biomedical
- 5.2.3 Automotive
- 5.2.4 Energy
- 5.2.5 Chemical
- 5.2.6 Aerospace and Aviation
- 5.2.7 Defense and Security
- 5.2.8 Composites
- 5.2.9 Textile
- 5.2.10 Other End-user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Italy
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Ahlstrom-Munksj
- 6.4.2 Argonide Corp.
- 6.4.3 Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
- 6.4.4 Catalytic Materials LLC
- 6.4.5 Catalyx Nanotech Inc.
- 6.4.6 Clearbridge NanoMedics
- 6.4.7 Donaldson Co. Inc.
- 6.4.8 DuPont
- 6.4.9 Elmarco
- 6.4.10 Esfil Tehno AS
- 6.4.11 eSpin Technologies Inc.
- 6.4.12 FibeRio Technology Corp.
- 6.4.13 Finetex EnE
- 6.4.14 Hollingsworth and Vose
- 6.4.15 Irema-Filter GmbH
- 6.4.16 Japan Vilene Co. Ltd
- 6.4.17 Kuraray Co. Ltd
- 6.4.18 Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd
- 6.4.19 Nanofiber Solutions LLC
- 6.4.20 NanoTechLabs Inc.
- 6.4.21 Nanoval GmbH and Co. KG
- 6.4.22 Pardam SRO (Ltd)
- 6.4.23 Pyrograf Products Inc.
- 6.4.24 Shenzhen Nanotech Port Co. Ltd
- 6.4.25 SNS Nanofiber Technology LLC
- 6.4.26 Teijin Limited
- 6.4.27 Toray Industries Inc.
- 6.4.28 Tricol Biomedical Inc.
- 6.4.29 US Global Nanospace Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing R&D and High-potential Market for Cellulosic Nanofibers