Product Code: 69343
The Global Laminated Glass Market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the construction and infrastructure projects, as well as automobile production, have been halted for a specified period. Due to this, the demand for laminated glass has reduced drastically. For instance, automobile production in 2020 has witnessed a decline of 15.8% compared to 2019. However, with the restart of few construction activities, the demand for laminated glass is coming back on track, which somehow may balance the market for laminated glass in residential and commercial applications till the mid of 2021.
- Over the medium term, the rising application of laminated glass in replacing bricks in the construction sector and the growing need for safety, thermal, and isolation properties in buildings are the key navigators for market growth.
- Production of laminated glasses is more expensive than regular windows because of a lot of steps involved in the manufacturing process along with declining automotive industry, is expected to hinder the market growth.
- Asia-Pacific dominated is witnessing the highest growth rate, owing to the growing demand from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Automotive Segment to Dominate the Market
- The application of laminated glass offers various benefits. Some of the key advantages are Security, Sound reduction, Resistance to Shattering, and also Protection from adverse weather conditions.
- Automobile manufactures have been using laminated glasses since long ago for windshields, enhancements in sound absorption, and Infrared and UV radiation reflectiveness.
- High-end cars use laminated backlights with embedded tungsten wires for defrosting purposes. The use of laminated side glass started with popular passenger car models such as Audi A8(1994) followed by the Mercedes S class (1996) and Volvo S80.
- The current slowdown in global automotive production has affected the market of laminated glass. Additionally, the current slowdown in automotive sales in countries, such as China, India, and the United States, among others.
- The automotive industry has seen a slowdown in the past three years. According to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), automotive production witnessed a 15.8% decline from 92,175,805 units in 2019 to 77,621,582 units in 2020. Also, the sales of the automobiles has declined in 2020 from 90.42 million units in 2019 to 77.97 million units in 2020.
- The decline is majorly attributed to the reduced production in the major automotive hubs such as United States, China, Japan, and Germany. In 2020, these countries witnessed a decline of 19%, 2%, 17%, and 24% respectively compared to 2019.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the market is expected to witness a decline in growth during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market owing to the highly developed automotive sector in China, coupled with the continuous investments done in the region to advancements in the construction sector through the years.
- Chinese automotive manufacturing industry is the largest in the world. The industry witnessed a slowdown in 2018, wherein production and sales declined. A similar trend continued, with production witnessing a 7.5% decline in 2019. Additionally, the production volume has reached 25.23 million vehicles in 2020, registering a decline rate of about 2% compared to 2019.
- As the pandemic spread, many auto companies across the country shut down their manufacturing activities due to the nationwide shutdown. In addition to the auto companies based in Hubei, Tesla's new factory in Shanghai was shut down and postponed the production date of its Model 3. Moreover, Volkswagen postponed the production at all of its Chinese plants that run in partnership with SAIC.
- The Asia Pacific construction sector has witnessed steady growth in the recent past, owing to the presence of fast-growing economies, rapid urbanization, and rising infrastructure spending. The increasing presence of foreign companies in the Asia-Pacific region has also created the demand for the construction of new offices, buildings, production houses, etc.
- China is in the midst of a construction mega-boom. The country has the largest building market in the world, making up 20% of all construction investment globally. The country alone is expected to spend nearly USD 13 trillion on buildings by 2030.
- According to the Indian Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), the Indian real estate industry is likely to reach USD 1 trillion by 2030 and may contribute approximately 13% to the country's GDP by 2025.
- All the factors, in turn, are projected to have a significant impact on the market growth in the region during the forecast period.
The global Laminated Glass market is partially consolidated in nature with a few major players dominating a significant portion of the market. Some of the major companies are Saint-Gobain, AGC Inc., GUARDIAN GLASS LLC, Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd, and Fuyao Glass Industry Group, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Application in Replacement of Bricks with Structural Glass
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Declining Automotive Industry
- 4.2.2 High Cost of Manufacturing
- 4.2.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market Studied
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB)
- 5.1.2 Sentryglas Plus (SGP)
- 5.1.3 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA)
- 5.1.4 Other Types
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Automotive
- 5.2.2 Building and Construction
- 5.2.3 Electronics
- 5.2.4 Other End-user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share (%) Analysis**/Ranking Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 AGC Inc.
- 6.4.2 Asahi India Glass Limited
- 6.4.3 CARDINAL GLASS INDUSTRIES, INC
- 6.4.4 Central Glass Co., Ltd.
- 6.4.5 Fuyao Glass Industry Group
- 6.4.6 GSC GLASS LTD
- 6.4.7 GUARDIAN GLASS LLC
- 6.4.8 JE Berkowitz
- 6.4.9 Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd
- 6.4.10 Saint-Gobain
- 6.4.11 Stevenage Glass Company Ltd
- 6.4.12 Taiwan Glass Ind. Corp.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS