- The report covers forecast and analysis for the U.S. education market.
- The report includes the positive and negative factors that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Detailed information about the market opportunities is discussed in the report.
- The key target audience for the market has been determined in the report.
- The revenue generated by the prominent industry players has been analyzed in the report.
- The market numbers have been calculated using the top-down and bottom-up approaches.
- The U.S. education market has been analyzed using Porters Five Forces Analysis.
- The market is segmented on the basis of type, content, smart learning mode, component, and end user.
- All the segments have been evaluated based on the present and the future trends.
- The report also covers education technological adoption trends in the U.S.
- The report deals with the in-depth quantitative and qualitative analyses of the U.S. education market.
- The report includes the detailed company profiles of the prominent market players.
- The Pre-K ed tech market is in terms of Geoffrey Moores Crossing the Chasm curve has been included in the U.S. education market report.
Education is a learning experience which brings permanent and an intrinsic change in a persons capability and thinking to do things. The means of education in the U.S. is primarily public, private, and home schools. The state government has provided the overall educational standards. Private schools have the provision to determine their policies and protocols. Funding and investments in the education sector are done by state, federal, and local government.
The education market was valued at around USD 1,350 billion in the year 2017 and it is expected to reach approximately USD 2,040 billion by 2026. The U.S. education market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of more than 4.5% between 2018 and 2026.
Drivers and Restraints
The major factor driving the growth of U.S. education market is the rising demand for online education in the country. The online education is a very efficient way of learning and understanding for all categories of learners, as it is a flexible and convenient learning technique. According to Online Learning Consortium, in 2008, at least one online course was opted by 4.6 million students, with around 17% increase over the number reported in the year 2007. Increasing adoption of online education over the traditional method is due to the rise in the awareness among the younger generation. Moreover, growing popularity of digital textbooks in the country also drives the growth of U.S. education market in the forecast years.
However, strict regulations for the education industry in the U.S. negatively affects the growth of education market in the U.S.
The increasing post-secondary enrollment rates in the U.S. is expected to generate significant opportunity for the education market in the country in the near future. According to National Center for Education Statics, total undergraduate enrollment in higher secondary institutions was about 17 million students in 2015; it was a 30% rise from the year 2000 when enrollment number was only 13.2 million students.
By type, the on-premises solution accounted for the highest share of 60.92% in 2017 in the U.S. education market. But, it is anticipated that in the coming years, there will be an increased adoption of the cloud-based solutions as the on-premises solution requires large capital expenditure, has longer implementation time, and requires increased maintenance. The cloud-based solutions anticipate registering the highest CAGR growth of 5.7% between 2018 and 2026. The benefits provided by the cloud-based solutions such as scalability, low investment, and increased storage space will increase its popularity.
By the type of content, text-based content segment accounted for the highest share in the U.S. education market in 2017. Majority of the learners in the U.S. are interested in text-based content and prefer the traditional style of learning thus this segment contributed majorly in 2017. But, in the forecast period, video-based content is expected to register the highest CAGR of more than 5% in the U.S. education market. The video-based learning allows the students to explore, interact, and understand the content by providing visual examples.
By smart learning mode, the blended learning technique contributed the major share in the U.S. education market. The benefits of blended learning include flexibility, efficiency, effectiveness, and consists of a combination of learning styles thus it is being preferred more. It is anticipated that the virtual instructor-led training segment will account for the highest CAGR in the U.S. education market in the forecast period. The increasing collaboration with software technologies and rising adoption of cost-effective learning is expected to drive the growth of this segment in the U.S. Education market
Based on the component, hardware segment accounted for the majority of the share in the U.S. education market. Hardware plays an important role in the education system. Both in the traditional educational system and in e-learning hardware components are essential. Software component accounted for 28.27% share in the U.S. education market in the year 2017. In software, the learning management system, adaptive learning platform, and learning content management system are utilized widely for educational purposes. The software segment will be adopted increasingly owing to the benefits from the LMS, in the documentation, reporting, tracking, delivery of educational training programs, and LCMS which can be used to publish and create learning contents.
The services segment in the U.S. education market is expected to register high CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period, owing to rising number of service providers and increasing demand for educational services in the country.
The segment that dominated the U.S. education market is K-12. In 2017, this segment contributed the market share of 54.23%. The higher education institutes accounted for the share of around 40% in the year 2017. The increasing requirement for highly qualified personnel and increasing adoption of online education are increasing the enrollments in the higher-education institutes.
The report includes detailed profiles of the prominent market players that are trending in the market. The list of the players that are compiled in the report are Cisco Systems, Inc. , Desire2Learn, AWE Acquisition, Inc., Blackboard Inc., Pearson Plc., SumTotal Systems Inc., Tata Interactive Systems, Smart Technologies, Saba Software Inc., Promethean, Inc., Wall Family Enterprise, McGraw-Hill Education, NIIT Limited, ABCmouse.com, Adobe Systems Inc., Educomp Solutions Ltd, and Ellucian Company, among others.
The prominent market players in the education market are focusing on the development of supporting applications and new solution development to maintain the competitive edge in the market.
In January 2018, Desire2Learn (D2L) launched a whitepaper on the future of work and learning. Whitepaper explores the need for importance for skills-based focus in higher education.
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction
- 1.1. Report description and scope
- 1.2. Research scope
- 1.3. Research methodology
- 1.3.1. Market research process
- 1.3.2. Market research methodology
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
- 2.1. U.S. Education Market, 2016 - 2026 (USD Billion)
- 2.2. U.S. Education Market: Snapshot
Chapter 3. Education- Market Dynamics
- 3.1. Introduction
- 3.2. Market drivers
- 3.2.1. U.S. Education Market drivers: Impact analysis
- 3.2.2. Growing Demand for Online Education
- 3.2.3. The growth of Technology and Educational Content
- 3.3. Market Restraints
- 3.3.1. U.S. Education Market restraints: Impact analysis
- 3.3.2. Declining population of children under five years
- 3.4. Opportunities
- 3.4.1. Increasing postsecondary enrollment rates in the U.S.
- 3.5. Trend
- 3.5.1. Increasing Merger and Acquisition in the Education Industry
- 3.6. Porters five forces analysis
- 3.6.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
- 3.6.2. Bargaining power of buyers
- 3.6.3. The threat from new entrants
- 3.6.4. The threat from new substitutes
- 3.6.5. Degree of competition
- 3.7. Market attractiveness analysis
- 3.7.1. Market attractiveness analysis, by type segment
- 3.7.2. Market attractiveness analysis, by content segment
- 3.7.3. Market attractiveness analysis, by smart learning mode segment
- 3.7.4. Market attractiveness analysis, by component segment
- 3.7.5. Market attractiveness analysis, by end user segment
Chapter 4. U.S. Education Market- Competitive Landscape
- 4.1. Company Market Share Analysis
- 4.1.1. U.S. Education Market: company market share, 2017
- 4.2. Strategic Development
- 4.2.1. Acquisitions Mergers
- 4.2.2. New tool Launch
- 4.2.3. Agreements, Partnerships, Collaborations and Joint Ventures
- 4.2.4. Research and Development, Product and Regional Expansion
- 4.3. Market definition
- 4.4. Education Technological Adoption Trends
- 4.5. Industry Development
- 4.6. Geoffrey Moores Crossing the Chasm
Chapter 5. U.S. Education Market- Platform Segment Analysis
- 5.1. U.S. Education Market: Type overview
- 5.1.1. U.S. Education Market revenue share, by type, 2017 and 2026
- 5.2. Cloud
- 5.2.1. U.S.CloudMarket , 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 5.3. On-Premise
- 5.3.1. U.S.Application Enablement Platform (AEP)Market , 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
Chapter 6. U.S. Education Market- Content Segment Analysis
- 6.1. U.S. Education Market: Services overview
- 6.1.1. U.S. Education Market revenue share, by Content, 2016 - 2026
- 6.2. Audio-Based Content
- 6.2.1. U.S. Education Market forAudio-Based Content, 2016 - 2026 (USD Billion)
- 6.3. Video-Based Content
- 6.3.1. U.S. Education Market forVideo-Based Content, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 6.4. Text Content
- 6.4.1. U.S. Education Market forText Content, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
Chapter 7. U.S. Education Market- Smart Learning Mode Segment Analysis
- 7.1. U.S. Education Market: Smart Learning Mode overview
- 7.1.1. U.S. Education Market revenue share, by Smart Learning Mode, 2017 and 2026
- 7.2. Collaborative Learning
- 7.2.1. U.S. Education Market forCollaborative Learning, 2016 - 2026 (USD Billion)
- 7.3. Virtual Instructor Led Training
- 7.3.1. U.S. Education Market forVirtual Instructor Led Training, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 7.4. Simulation Based Learning
- 7.4.1. U.S. Education Market forSimulation Based Learning, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 7.5. Adaptive Learning
- 7.5.1. U.S. Education Market forAdaptive Learning, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 7.6. Social Learning
- 7.6.1. U.S. Education Market forSocial Learning, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 7.7. Blended Learning
- 7.7.1. U.S. Education Market forBlended Learning, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 7.8. Webinars
- 7.8.1. U.S. Education Market forWebinars, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
Chapter 8. U.S. Education Market- Component Segment Analysis
- 8.1. U.S. Education Market: Component overview
- 8.1.1. U.S. Education Market revenue share, by Component, 2017 and 2026
- 8.2. Hardware
- 8.2.1. U.S. Education Market forHardware, 2016 - 2026 (USD Billion)
- 184.108.40.206. U.S. Education Market forInteractive White Boards, 2016 - 2026 (USD Billion)
- 220.127.116.11. U.S. Education Market forInteractive Displays, 2016 - 2026 (USD Billion)
- 18.104.22.168. U.S. Education Market forInteractive Tables, 2016 - 2026 (USD Billion)
- 8.3. Software
- 8.3.1. U.S. Education Market forSoftware, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 8.3.2. U.S. Education Market forLearning Management System, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 8.3.3. U.S. Education Market forAdaptive Learning Platform, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 8.3.4. U.S. Education Market forLearning Content Management System, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 8.4. Service
- 8.4.1. U.S. Education Market forService, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 8.4.2. U.S. Education MarketManaged Service, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 8.4.3. U.S. Education MarketProfessional Service, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
Chapter 9. U.S. Education Market- End UserSegment Analysis
- 9.1. U.S. Education Market: End User overview
- 9.1.1. U.S. Education Market revenue share, by End User, 2017 and 2026
- 9.2. Higher Education Institutes
- 9.2.1. U.S. Education Market forHigher Education Institutes, 2016 - 2026 (USD Billion)
- 9.3. K-12
- 9.3.1. U.S. Education Market forK-12, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
- 9.4. Pre-K
- 9.4.1. U.S. Education Market forPre-K, 2016 - 2026(USD Billion)
Chapter 10. Company Profile
- 10.1. Cisco Systems, Inc.
- 10.1.1. Overview
- 10.1.2. Financials
- 10.1.3. Product portfolio
- 10.1.4. Business strategy
- 10.1.5. Recent developments
- 10.2. Desire2Learn
- 10.2.1. Overview
- 10.2.2. Financials
- 10.2.3. Productportfolio
- 10.2.4. Business strategy
- 10.2.5. Recent developments
- 10.3. AWE Acquisition, Inc.
- 10.3.1. Overview
- 10.3.2. Financials
- 10.3.3. Productportfolio
- 10.3.4. Business strategy
- 10.3.5. Recent developments
- 10.4. Blackboard Inc.
- 10.4.1. Overview
- 10.4.2. Financials
- 10.4.3. Productportfolio
- 10.4.4. Business strategy
- 10.4.5. Recent developments
- 10.5. Pearson Plc.
- 10.5.1. Overview
- 10.5.2. Financials
- 10.5.3. Productportfolio
- 10.5.4. Business strategy
- 10.5.5. Recent developments
- 10.6. SumTotal Systems Inc.
- 10.6.1. Overview
- 10.6.2. Financials
- 10.6.3. Productportfolio
- 10.6.4. Business strategy
- 10.6.5. Recent developments
- 10.7. Tata Interactive Systems
- 10.7.1. Overview
- 10.7.2. Financials
- 10.7.3. Productportfolio
- 10.7.4. Business strategy
- 10.7.5. Recent developments
- 10.8. Smart Technologies
- 10.8.1. Overview
- 10.8.2. Financials
- 10.8.3. Product portfolio
- 10.8.4. Business strategy
- 10.8.5. Recent developments
- 10.9. Saba Software Inc.
- 10.9.1. Overview
- 10.9.2. Financials
- 10.9.3. Product portfolio
- 10.9.4. Business strategy
- 10.9.5. Recent developments
- 10.10. Promethean, Inc.
- 10.10.1. Overview
- 10.10.2. Financials
- 10.10.3. Product portfolio
- 10.10.4. Business strategy
- 10.10.5. Recent developments
- 10.11. Wall Family Enterprise
- 10.11.1. Overview
- 10.11.2. Financials
- 10.11.3. Product portfolio
- 10.11.4. Business strategy
- 10.11.5. Recent developments
- 10.12. McGraw-Hill Education
- 10.12.1. Overview
- 10.12.2. Financials
- 10.12.3. Product portfolio
- 10.12.4. Business strategy
- 10.12.5. Recent developments
- 10.13. NIIT Limited
- 10.13.1. Overview
- 10.13.2. Financials
- 10.13.3. Product portfolio
- 10.13.4. Business strategy
- 10.13.5. Recent developments
- 10.14. ABCmouse.com
- 10.14.1. Overview
- 10.14.2. Financials
- 10.14.3. Product portfolio
- 10.14.4. Business strategy
- 10.14.5. Recent developments
- 10.15. Adobe Systems Inc.
- 10.15.1. Overview
- 10.15.2. Financials
- 10.15.3. Product portfolio
- 10.15.4. Business strategy
- 10.15.5. Recent developments
- 10.16. Educomp Solutions Ltd
- 10.16.1. Overview
- 10.16.2. Financials
- 10.16.3. Product portfolio
- 10.16.4. Business strategy
- 10.16.5. Recent developments
- 10.17. Ellucian Company
- 10.17.1. Overview
- 10.17.2. Financials
- 10.17.3. Product portfolio
- 10.17.4. Business strategy
- 10.17.5. Recent developments