Inside This Report:
This report covers the overall market opportunity for rugged handheld devices and smartphones used to support enterprise line-of-business applications. It includes market sizing and forecasts for rugged and consumer-grade mobile devices. It breaks down the market opportunity for rugged mobile computing devices by region, industry, application environments, OS, and level of ruggedness. The report discusses current trends driving investment in enterprise mobility as well as what the future entails for mobile hardware vendors.
What Questions Are Addressed?
- What is the outlook for rugged handheld computers and smartphones used for enterprise and government mobility applications?
- What impact is the COVID-19 pandemic having on mobile solution investments and how enterprises are leveraging digital solutions to support new workflow requirements?
- What is the relative opportunity by regional market, industry, and application?
- What is the outlook for rugged mobile computers and to what extent are they affected and potentially displaced by consumer devices?
- Does a rugged handheld value tier opportunity exist to bridge the gap between rugged handheld and consumer smartphone devices?
- With Android supplanting Windows as the dominant OS for rugged handheld computers, what is the installed base of legacy Windows devices and for how long will end users continue to support these devices?
- How is the competitive landscape evolving as the market matures? What is the impact of low-cost Asia brands as they expand beyond their home country markets?
- What are the leading functionality trends and performance requirements as enterprises upgrade their mobile fleets?
- How do mobile device requirements align with specific vertical markets and applications?
- What is the effect of rugged smartphones, and which use cases are best aligned with these devices?
- What are the primary device functionality requirements by industry?
Table of Contents
Inside This Report
Global Market Overview and Forecast
- Exhibit 1: Worldwide Shipment Forecasts for Rugged Handheld Mobile Computers
- Exhibit 2: Worldwide Shipment Forecasts for Rugged Smartphones
- Exhibit 3: Post-COVID Impact to Customer Engagement
- Exhibit 4: Post-COVID Impact on Technology Investments for Frontline Mobile Workers
- Exhibit 5: Impact of COVID-19 on Shared Mobile Device Policies
- Exhibit 6: OS Share of Rugged Handheld Computer Shipments
- Exhibit 7: Global Installed Base of Rugged Handheld Computers by OS
- Exhibit 8: Factors Preventing Android Migration for Frontline Applications
- Exhibit 9: RAIN RFID Handheld Reader Market Forecast
- Exhibit 10: Enterprise Issued Smartphones by Industry
- Exhibit 11: Leading Mobile Device Selection Criteria by Sector
- Exhibit 12: Leading Mobile Solution Investment Drivers by Sector
- Exhibit 13: Americas: Rugged Handheld and Smartphone Forecast
- Exhibit 14: EMEA Rugged Handheld and Smartphone Forecast
- Exhibit 15: APAC Rugged Handheld and Smartphone Forecast
- Exhibit 16: Rugged Handheld Devices: Vendor Global Market Share
- Exhibit 17: Rugged Smartphones: Vendor Global Market Share
Forecasts by Vertical
- Exhibit 18: Global Rugged Handheld and Rugged Smartphone Shipments to Industrial/Manufacturing Sector
- Exhibit 19: Leading Priorities Driving Mobile Solution Investments in Manufacturing
- Exhibit 20: Global Rugged Handheld and Rugged Smartphone Shipments to Warehouse/DC
- Exhibit 21: Leading Warehouse Mobility Solution Investment Priorities
- Exhibit 22: Global Rugged Handheld and Rugged Smartphone Shipments to Retail Sector
- Exhibit 23: Leading Mobile Solution Investment Priorities
- Exhibit 24: Global Rugged Handheld and Rugged Smartphone Shipments to Transportation Sector
- Exhibit 25: Leading Priorities Driving Investments in Mobile Transportation Solutions
- Exhibit 26: Global Rugged Handheld and Rugged Smartphone Shipments to Field Service
- Exhibit 27: Top Priorities Driving Investments in Mobile Field Service Solutions
- Exhibit 28: Global Rugged Handheld and Rugged Smartphone Shipments to Healthcare
- Exhibit 29: Top Priorities Driving Investments in Mobile Healthcare Solutions
- Exhibit 30: Global Rugged Handheld and Rugged Smartphone Shipments to Public Safety
About VDC Research