Product Code: IS0052RR
Timetric's 'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Brazilian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Brazil.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric's research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Brazil, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Brazil.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country's insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Brazil.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Brazil.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country's insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons To Buy:
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Brazil.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Brazilian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. What is this Report About?
- 1.2. Definitions
2. GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
- 2.1. Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- 2.2. Latest Changes in Regulation
- 2.3. Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- 2.3.1. Life insurance
- 2.3.2. Property insurance
- 2.3.3. Motor insurance
- 2.3.4. Liability insurance
- 2.3.5. Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- 2.3.6. Personal accident and health insurance
- 2.4. Compulsory Insurance
- 2.4.1. Motor third-party liability insurance
- 2.4.2. Insurance for personal injury caused by ships or cargos
- 2.4.3. Social security insurance
- 2.4.4. Domestic credit insurance
- 2.4.5. Professional indemnity insurance for insurance brokers
- 2.4.6. Civil liability insurance for passenger and cargo carriers travelling between French Guiana and Brazil
- 2.5. Supervision and Control
- 2.5.1. International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- 2.5.2. Association of Insurance Supervisors Latin America
- 2.5.3. National Private Insurance Council
- 2.5.4. Superintendent of Private Insurance
- 2.5.5. National Confederation of General Insurance, Private Pension and Life, Supplementary Health and Capitalization Companies
- 2.5.6. National Federation of General Insurance
- 2.5.7. National Federation of Open Private Pension and Life
- 2.5.8. National Federation of Supplementary Health
- 2.5.9. National Federation of Capitalization
- 2.5.10. The National Regulatory Agency for Private Health Insurance and Plans
- 2.6. Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- 2.6.1. Overview
- 2.6.2. Intermediaries
- 2.6.3. Market practices
- 2.6.4. Fines and penalties
- 2.7. Company Registration and Operations
- 2.7.1. Type of insurance organization
- 2.7.2. Establishing a local company
- 2.7.3. Foreign ownership
- 2.7.4. Types of license
- 2.7.5. Capital requirements
- 2.7.6. Solvency margin
- 2.7.7. Reserve requirements
- 2.7.8. Investment regulations
- 2.7.9. Statutory return requirements
- 2.7.10. Fee structure
- 2.8. Taxation
- 2.8.1. Insurance premium or policy taxations
- 2.8.2. Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- 2.8.3. Corporate tax
- 2.8.4. VAT
- 2.8.5. Captives
- 2.9. Legal System
- 2.9.1. Introduction
- 2.9.2. Access to court
- 2.9.3. Alternative dispute resolution
- 3.1. Methodology
- 3.2. Contact Timetric
- 3.3. About Timetric
- 3.4. Timetric's Services
- 3.5. Disclaimer
List of Tables
- Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
- Table 2: Brazil - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Table 3: Brazil - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table 4: Brazil - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table 5: Brazil - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table 6: Brazil - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table 7: Brazil - Compensation Provided by the Insurer in the Event of an Accident
- Table 8: Brazil - Premium Rates for DPVAT 2017
- Table 9: Brazil - Percentage Component for Premium rates for DPVAT 2017
- Table 10: Brazil - Compensation Provided by the Insurer in the Event of an Accident
- Table 11: Brazil - Minimum Ratings for Non-Admitted Reinsurers
- Table 12: Brazil - Ratings Required For Registration Of Reinsurance Business
- Table 13: Brazil - Ratings Required For Registration Of Occasional Business
- Table 14: Brazil - Percentage Concentration of Reinsurance or Retrocession Business
- Table 15: Brazil - Reserve Requirement
- Table 16: Brazil - Base Capital - Variable Component by Region
- Table 17: Brazil - Base Capital of Capitalization Companies - Variable Component by Region
- Table 18: Brazil - Risks Correlation Factor
- Table 19: Brazil - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2017
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Brazil - Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
- Figure 2: Brazil - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation