Product Code: GDCN0517MR
Vietnam's construction industry registered an annual growth of 9.1% in real terms in 2019, following an average annual growth of 9.7% during 2015-2018. This was due to positive developments in economic conditions and investments in transport, residential and energy infrastructure construction projects. Additionally, government efforts to attract foreign investment supported the industry's growth.
The industry's output value is expected to continue to expand over the forecast period (2020-2024), with investments in transport infrastructure, energy and manufacturing. In January 2020, for example, the World Bank signed an agreement with the government to provide a loan worth VND229.1 billion (US$10.3 million) to build a new rapid bus corridor in Ho Chi Minh city, and in September 2019, the government announced plans to spend VND30 trillion (US$1.3 billion) to build a new expressway in Mekong by 2023. The focus on the development of local energy resources is also expected to drive industry growth. The government plans to install 55.3GW of a new coal-fired power plant in the country during the period of 2020-2030. The government also plans to add 7.2GW of a new solar power plant during the same period.
The industry's output value in real terms is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.69% over the forecast period. However, there are potential risks in the early part of the forecast period, reflecting the uncertain outlook for the economy and investor confidence owing to the outbreak of the ongoing Coronavirus, which could have an adverse impact on construction spending - particularly in the commercial sector.
GlobalData's Construction in Vietnam - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024 report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Vietnamese construction industry, including -
- The Vietnamese construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in the Vietnamese construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Vietnam. It provides -
- Historical (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2024) valuations of the construction industry in Vietnam, featuring details of key growth drivers.
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Reasons to buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
- Understand the latest industry and market trends.
- Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData's critical and actionable insight.
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Construction Outlook: At-a-glance
3 Key Drivers and Risks
- 3.1. Economic Performance
- 3.2. Political Environment
- 3.3. Demographics
- 3.4. Risk Profile
4 Construction Outlook
- 4.1. All Construction
- 4.1.1. Outlook
- 4.1.2. Project analytics
- 4.2. Commercial Construction
- 4.2.1. Outlook
- 4.2.2. Project analytics
- 4.3. Industrial Construction
- 4.3.1. Outlook
- 4.3.2. Project analytics
- 4.4. Infrastructure Construction
- 4.4.1. Outlook
- 4.4.2. Project analytics
- 4.5. Energy and Utilities Construction
- 4.5.1. Outlook
- 4.5.2. Project analytics
- 4.6. Institutional Construction
- 4.6.1. Outlook
- 4.6.2. Project analytics
- 4.7. Residential Construction
- 4.7.1. Outlook
- 4.7.2. Project analytics
5 Key Industry Participants
- 5.1. Contractors
- 5.2. Consultants
- 6.1. What is this Report About?
- 6.2. Definitions
7 About GlobalData
- 7.1. GlobalData at a Glance
- 7.2. GlobalData Construction
- 7.3. Disclaimer
- 7.4. Contact Us
List of Tables
- Table 1: Construction Outlook
- Table 2: Vietnam, Key Economic Indicators
- Table 3: Vietnam, Construction Output Value (Real, US$ Million)
- Table 4: Vietnam, Construction Output Value (Nominal, VND Billion)
- Table 5: Vietnam, Top Commercial Construction Projects by Value
- Table 6: Vietnam, Top Industrial Construction Projects by Value
- Table 7: Vietnam, Top Infrastructure Construction Projects by Value
- Table 8: Vietnam, Top Energy and Utilities Construction Projects by Value
- Table 9: Vietnam, Top Institutional Construction Projects by Value
- Table 10: Vietnam, Top Residential and Mixed-Use Construction Projects by Value
- Table 11: Vietnam, Key Contractors
- Table 12: Vietnam, Key Consultants
- Table 13: GlobalData Construction Market Definitions
- Table 14: Construction Risk Index Ratings and Scores
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Key Markets, Construction Output Growth Matrix and Risk Matrix
- Figure 2: Vietnam, Construction Projects Pipeline by Sector (US$ Billion)
- Figure 3: Vietnam, Risk Profile
- Figure 4: Vietnam, Risk Comparison
- Figure 5: Vietnam, Constr