Product Code: TE0006-001344
The wireline broadband access equipment market forecast model covers equipment units, ASPs, and revenues for FTTx PON, xDSL, and CMTS through 2022. The wireline broadband access equipment market is forecast to grow from an estimated $8bn in 2016 revenues to over $9.1bn in 2020.
- FTTx PON equipment is driving the forecast, with a CAGR of 1.9% from 2017 to 2022, offsetting meaningful declines in xDSL equipment revenues and slight declines in CMTS equipment revenues.
- Next-gen PON equipment revenues are forecast to represent more than 50% of total PON equipment revenues by 2022.
- G.fast revenues will grow rapidly, representing more than 30% of total xDSL revenues in 2022.
Features and Benefits:
- Assesses the wireline broadband access equipment market by segment including FTTx PON, xDSL, and CMTS for numerous regions, subregions, and China.
- Analyzes equipment units (ports), ASPs, and revenues for existing equipment and next-gen equipment such as XGS-PON, NG-PON2, G.fast, and DOCSIS 3.1.
- Compares major differences to last year's forecast.
- Identifies the key drivers for the overall growth in the broadband wireline access equipment market.
Key questions answered:
- When will shipments of next-gen PON equipment ramp? Which regions are expected to deploy next-gen PON? How quickly will ASPs decline?
- How quickly will G.fast equipment revenues become meaningful? Which regions are likely to deploy G.fast?
- When will shipments of DOCSIS 3.1 become meaningful?
Table of Contents
- Global forecast
- North America forecast
- EMEA forecast
- Western Europe forecast
- Eastern Europe forecast
- MEA forecast
- Asia & Oceania forecast
- China forecast
- Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, and Singapore forecast
- RoAO forecast
- Latin American & the Caribbean forecast
- Country listings