Product Code: IT018-001438
Most organizations are likely to benefit from assessing the benefits of outsourcing particular aspects of IT or business service delivery, or reviewing current arrangements for doing so to ensure that they are optimal.
- Organizations need to take a strategic approach to outsourcing.
- Understand how to assess the need for outsoucing.
- Understand the steps to be taken when adopting a strategic approach to outsourcing.
- How can the need for outsoucing be assessed?
- What are the steps to be taken when adopting a strategic approach to outsourcing?
Table of Contents
- Ovum view
- Key messages
- Organizations need to take a strategic approach to outsourcing
- Dealing with the complicated and changing nature of sourcing deals
- Success can only be based on selecting the right work to outsource
- Quantifying the benefits of outsourcing
- Managing the quality of service delivery
- A key foundation for effective outsourcing relationships
- Suppliers and customers must agree on how value is measured
- Optimizing the benefit of the outsourcing relationship
- Further reading
- Ovum Consulting
- Figure 1: Sourcing strategy: overall approach
- Figure 2: Quantifying the expected benefits of outsourcing
- Figure 3: Detailed plans and deliverables for key activity streams
- Figure 4: Sourcing management framework
- Figure 5: Outsourcing performance index
- Figure 6: Relationship management model
- Figure 7: Example output of an outsourcing value assessment