Product Code: 69149
The amniotic membrane market is expected to register a CAGR of 10.5% during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the rise in the number of accident and trauma cases and increasing awareness about the benefits offered by the amniotic membrane.
- Amniotic membrane has several antimicrobial and biological properties in corneal surgery, as it enhances epithelialization, reinforces adhesion of basal epithelial cells, maintains epithelial phenotype, and modulates the proliferation of normal corneal, conjunctival, and limbal fibroblast. These membranes also prevent apoptosis, as well as inhibit scarring, inflammation, and neovascularization.
- The advantages of amniotic membranes, like its pain-reducing properties, may lead to the rising adoption of these tissue-based products in ophthalmology and surgical wounds. Moreover, the growing number of surgeries performed and rising expenditure in R&D in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine are also some of the key factors driving the overall market.
- As per the Global Burden of Diseases, in 2017, an estimate of 8,99,10,460.00 cases of burn injuries was registered globally. Driven by this high incidence of burn injuries, the inflammatory and anti-scarring properties of the amniotic membrane are pivotal in reducing intensified inflammation and discomfort and, thus, boost the overall market.
Key Market Trends
The Opthalmology Segment is Estimated to Witness a Healthy Growth in the Future.
The ophthalmology segment is estimated to witness a healthy growth in the future, which can be majorly attributed to the widespread use of these tissue-based products in ophthalmic surgeries due to their fast recovery properties, like reducing inflammation and promoting healing. The increasing use of the amniotic membrane in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeries to reduce scarring and diagnose quickly is propelling the segment growth. Moreover, the rising number of patients opting for surgeries, for the aesthetic appeal, is also boosting the amniotic membrane market. For instance, as per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, in 2018, 17.7 million cosmetic procedures were carried out. The increasing demand for products in cosmetic surgeries and reconstructive surgeries is driving the overall market. Compared to xenografts and allografts, amniotic membranes are cheaper, which also promotes the segment growth.
In addition, the growing population of glaucoma patients globally fuels the amniotic membrane market, as these tissue-based products are used for the treatment for ocular surface diseases and in glaucoma for the repair of leaking glaucoma filtering blebs.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market during the Forecast Period
North America is expected to hold a significant market share due to the increasing aging population, adoption of advanced technologies, growing awareness among the population about alternatives technologies, increasing healthcare expenditure, and the presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure. The wide use of amniotic membranes is for eye surface disorders, leading to the adoption of these products in ophthalmic surgeries. Thus, the increasing number of ophthalmic surgeries performed in the United States, due to the geriatric population, is fueling the growth of the overall market to a large extent.
The amniotic membrane market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players are currently dominating the market. Some of the companies currently dominating the market include Amnio Technology LLC, Celularity Inc., Human Regenerative Technologies LLC, Katena Products Inc., MiMedx, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Skye Biologics Inc., and Amniox Medical Inc.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Rise in the Number of Accident and Trauma Cases
- 4.2.2 Increasing Awareness about the Benefits Offered by Amniotic Membrane
- 4.2.3 Rising Research on Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Lack of Standardized Guidelines
- 4.3.2 Lack of Skilled Professionals
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Enzyme
- 5.1.1 Cryopreserved Amniotic Membrane
- 5.1.2 Dehydrated Amniotic Membrane
- 5.2 By Application
- 5.2.1 Ophthalmology
- 5.2.2 Surgical Wounds
- 5.2.3 Other Applications
- 5.3 By End User
- 5.3.1 Hospitals
- 5.3.2 Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- 5.3.3 Other End Users
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 Spain
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Australia
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Middle-East and Africa
- 188.8.131.52 GCC
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
- 5.4.5 South America
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Amnio Technology LLC
- 6.1.2 Celularity Inc.
- 6.1.3 Human Regenerative Technologies LLC
- 6.1.4 Katena Products Inc.
- 6.1.5 MiMedx
- 6.1.6 Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- 6.1.7 Skye Biologics Inc.
- 6.1.8 Amniox Medical Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS