Product Code: 70907
The market for phosphate chemical reagents is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 3.4% globally during the forecast period. Phosphates are compounds containing the inorganic (PO4)3- ion. The growing demand from the agriculture sector has been driving the market growth.
- However, the outbreak of coronavirus across the globe is likely to hinder the growth of the studied market.
- Emerging application in energy storage technology is expected to act like an opportunity for the market studied.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market and is also likely to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Key Market Trends
Agriculture Sector to Dominate the Market
- Agriculture Sector to dominate the phosphate chemical reagents market owing to the rising consumption of fertilizer and increasing food consumption over the globe.
- Phosphate chemical reagents are utilized in fertilizers to improve crop production. The growing agriculture industry is likely to drive the demand for phosphate chemical reagents over the forecast period.
- The fertilizer market was valued at USD 155.80 billion in 2019, and it is estimated to register a CAGR of 3.8%, during the forecast period (2020-2025) on account of decreasing arable lands in developing regions due to a surge in industrialization and urbanization rate due to which fertilizers have been used to increase the productivity of crops per hectare of area.
- Furthermore, rising demand for agricultural products in countries, like the United States, China, India, and others is projected to boost the fertilizer market which will provide thrust to phosphate chemical reagents market
- Owing to all these factors, the market for phosphate chemical reagents is likely to grow across the world during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia Pacific region is expected to be the largest and fastest-growing market for the phosphate chemical reagents market owing to increasing demand from the agriculture and food and beverage industry.
- Phosphate chemical reagents are used as a cleansing agent in detergents as make detergents more efficient by chelating calcium and magnesium ions. Owing to less stringent regulation in Asia-Pacific use of phosphate chemical reagent in detergents is likely to surge.
- Declining availability of arable land per capita in various countries such as India, China, and others, is one of the major reasons for augmenting the demand for phosphate-based fertilizers in the Asia-Pacific region as they aid in enhancing the yield.
- According to the China Agriculture Industry Development report, China has a goal to become self-sufficient in staple foods, like rice, corn, and wheat, by 2035.
- Various Initiatives of Government of India, such as Initiative for pulses by providing subsidy for quality seeds produced, cluster frontline demonstrations through KVKs, and so on are also being undertaken under the National Food Security Mission (NFSM) for increasing the production and productivity of pulses in the country.
- Thus, growing demand from various end-users is boosting the demand for phosphate chemical reagents market in the Asia-Pacific region.
The global phosphate chemical reagents market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major companies are AAT Bioquest, Inc., HiMedia Laboratories, Tintometer GmbH, Honeywell International Inc., and Alfa Aesar, Thermo Fisher Scientific. amongst others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand from Agriculture Sector
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Application
- 5.1.1 Agriculture
- 5.1.2 Food and Beverage
- 5.1.3 Detergent
- 5.1.4 Chemical Intermediate
- 5.1.5 Others
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.2.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.2.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 AAT Bioquest, Inc.
- 6.4.2 Alfa Aesar, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- 6.4.3 Biosystems S.A.
- 6.4.4 Cayman Chemical
- 6.4.5 Geno Technology Inc.
- 6.4.6 High Purity Laboratory Chemicals Pvt. Ltd
- 6.4.7 HiMedia Laboratories
- 6.4.8 Honeywell International Inc.
- 6.4.9 ICL
- 6.4.10 KYORITSU CHEMICAL-CHECK Lab. Corp
- 6.4.11 Sigma-Aldrich, Inc.
- 6.4.12 Tintometer GmbH
- 6.4.13 Xilong Scientific Co., Ltd.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS