Product Code: 69228
The market is expected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. One of the main factors driving the market is the growing demand for paper coating materials from the printing and packaging industry. However, the increasing use of electronic media is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- The growing demand for biopolymer paper coating material from the paper industry is likely to act as an opportunity for the market studied in the coming years.
- By application, the increasing demand for paper coating materials from the printing and packaging industry is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market with the largest consumption from countries, such as China and India.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for Paper Coating Materials from the Printing and Packaging Industry
- Coated paper is a paper coated with a blend of materials or a polymer to give certain characteristics to the paper, including weight, surface sparkle, smoothness, or diminished ink absorbency.
- The increasing need for self-promotion of products on store shelves and mounting environmental concerns make the packaging field the largest sector of the printing industry.
- Coated paper is utilized widely in printing applications to enhance the aesthetic characteristics.
- The coated paper in food packaging prevents the passage of moisture and oxygen, keeps the food content fresh, and provides extended shelf-life.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the application of paper coating materials in printing and packaging is likely to dominate during the forecast period.
The Asia-Pacific Region is Expected to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for paper coatings during the forecast period. The rising demand for paper coating materials from the paints and coatings industry, along with growing population and construction activities in developing countries, like China and India, is expected to drive the demand for paper coating materials in this region.
- The largest producers of paper coating materials are located in the Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of paper coating materials are BASF SE, Eastman Chemical Company, Asia Pulp & Paper (APP) Sinar Mas, Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd, and Michelman Inc., among others.
- The increasing focus on eco-friendly and sustainable paper packaging is expected to gain traction with many countries, such as India and China, pushing for paper packaging products over plastic packaging.
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, the market for paper coating materials in the Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow significantly during the study period.
The global paper coating material market is partially fragmented in nature, with only a few major players dominating the market. Some of the major companies are BASF SE, Eastman Chemical Company, Asia Pulp & Paper (APP) Sinar Mas, Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd, and Michelman Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand for Paper Coating Materials from the Printing and Packaging Industry
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Growing Use of Electronic Media
- 4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Coating Material
- 5.1.1 Clay
- 5.1.2 Kaolinite
- 5.1.3 Calcium Carbonate
- 5.1.4 Bentonite
- 5.1.5 Talc
- 5.1.6 Other Coating Materials
- 5.2 Product
- 5.2.1 Machine-finished Coated Papers
- 5.2.2 Standard Coated Fine Papers
- 5.2.3 Low Coat Weight Papers
- 5.2.4 Art Papers
- 5.2.5 Other Products
- 5.3 Application
- 5.3.1 Packaging
- 5.3.2 Binding
- 5.3.3 Printing
- 5.3.4 Corrugated Boxes
- 5.3.5 Other Applications
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 BASF SE
- 6.4.2 Eastman Chemical Company
- 6.4.3 Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd
- 6.4.4 Asia Pulp & Paper Co. Limited
- 6.4.5 Imerys SA
- 6.4.6 Michelman Inc.
- 6.4.7 Dow
- 6.4.8 Penford Corporation
- 6.4.9 Stora Enso Oyj
- 6.4.10 Burgo Group SpA
- 6.4.11 Mondo Minerals BV
- 6.4.12 Roquette Group
- 6.4.13 Minerals Technologies Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Growing Demand for Biopolymer Paper Coating Materials from the Paper Industry
- 7.2 Other Opportunities