Product Code: 68456
The Global Concrete Bonding Agent Market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Due to COVID-19, the building renovation and construction activities were halted decreasing the demand for bonding agents that are used for repairing, flooring, decorative, and a few other applications. Due to a ban on inter-state travel, an exodus of migrant workers, also known as informal sector workers, wreaked havoc on the supply chain. This caused less consumption of construction materials and decreased demand and supply. However, the construction industry is likely to witness growth in the coming years, owing to developing economies such as China and India thus increasing the market for concrete bonding agents in the construction industry. India is likely to witness an investment of around USD 1.3 trillion in housing, over the next four years, during which, the country is likely to witness the construction of 60 million new homes. The availability of affordable housing is expected to rise around 70% by 2024 in India.
- Over the medium term, the growing application in building and construction is driving the market growth.
- On the flip side, dearth of awareness among the consumers is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
- The Asia-Pacific region dominates the global market, with the largest consumption being registered in China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Residential Building and Construction Sector
- In building and construction, these bonding agents are used for repairing, flooring, decorating, and a few other applications, which, in turn, helps renovate the buildings.
- These bonding agents improve cohesion, its positive adhesion exceeds that of the tensile strength of the host concrete.
- The building and construction sector leads the way in the application of concrete bonding agents. The increasing residential construction and renovation activities in developing countries are increasing the demand for concrete bonding agents.
- The Chinese government has rolled out massive construction plans, including making provisions for the movement of 250 million people to its new megacities, over the next ten years.
- According to World Bank and Mordor Intelligence Analysis, the construction industry spending worldwide in the year 2019 is USD 12 trillion and is forecasted to reach an estimated value of USD 15.3 trillion in the year 2026 which will create the demand for concrete bonding agent.
- The US Census Bureau has been providing more permits for the construction of new residential buildings due to the current trend of a multi-family building, along with a rise in the migration to cities.
- According to US Census Bureau, construction spending in the United States in both private, as well as public construction in 2020, is around USD 1400 billion. Fuethermore, according to StatCan, gross domestic product at basic prices for the construction industry in Canada in the year 2019 was estimated to around 141.22 billion Canadian dollars and is expected to increase during the forecast period.
- Hence, owing to the growing construction activities, the demand for concrete bonding agents is expected to increase over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for concrete bonding agents, during the forecast period. In countries, like China, India, and ASEAN Countries, with the growing construction activities, the market for concrete bonding agents has been increasing rapidly.
- The largest producers of concrete bonding agents have a significant presence in the Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of concrete bonding agents are Fosroc, Inc, Flowcrete Group Ltd., Sika AG, BASF SE.
- The Indian government has announced an investment worth USD 31,650 billion for the construction of 100 cities, under the smart cities plan. 100 smart cities and 500 cities are likely to invite further investments worth INR 2 trillion (~USD 28.18 billion), over the coming five years creating scope for the application of these concrete bonding agents.
- The Indian government has allocated USD 63 billion for the infrastructure sector in 2019-20 and is planning to spend USD 1.4 trillion over the next five years. Furthermore, the construction industry in India has received a major boost by the investment of USD 1.4 billion through private equity and venture capital investments during October 2019.
- Moreover, according to the National Development and Reform Commission of China, the Chinese government approved 26 infrastructure projects at an estimated investment of about USD 142 billion in 2019 which are expected to be completed by 2023. The growing infrastructure investment and building of complex structures are expected to drive the market for concrete bonding agents. Also, the country has the largest building market in the world, making up 20% of all construction investment globally. The country alone is expected to spend nearly USD 13 trillion on buildings by 2030.
- New petrochemical facilities development boosted the private sector demand, while industrial and building projects in the Punggol Digital District contributed to the public sector demand in Singapore. The infrastructure sector is also expected to post relatively healthy growth, manly driven by the efforts to upgrade the country's road, rail and other public transport infrastructure and investment in energy and utilities construction projects. The government had been planning to invest SGD 28 billion (USD 20.9 billion) on the expansion and upgrading of the transport system by 2022.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for concrete bonding agents during the forecast period.
The global concrete bonding agent market is partially fragmented in nature, with a few major players holding a significant portion of the industry. Some of the major companies are Fosroc, Inc., SIKA CORPORATION, MAPEI Corporation, MBCC Group, and The Euclid Chemical Company.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Application in the Building and Construction Sector
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Dearth of Awareness among the Consumers
- 4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak
- 4.2.3 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Bonding Agent Type
- 5.1.1 Cementitious Latex-based
- 5.1.2 Epoxy-based
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Repairing
- 5.2.2 Flooring
- 5.2.3 Decorative
- 5.2.4 Other Applications
- 5.3 End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Residential
- 5.3.2 Non-residential
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Adhesives Technology Corporation (ATC)
- 6.4.2 ChemCo Systems, Inc.
- 6.4.3 Flowcrete Group Ltd
- 6.4.4 Fosroc, Inc.
- 6.4.5 GCP Applied Technologies Inc.
- 6.4.6 LafargeHolcim
- 6.4.7 MAPEI Corporation
- 6.4.8 MBCC Group
- 6.4.9 SIKA CORPORATION
- 6.4.10 The Euclid Chemical Company
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS