Product Code: 70499
The global molded case circuit breaker market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 2% over the period of 2020-2025. Molded case circuit breakers play a crucial role in electricity transmission and distribution, and protecting expensive equipment in industries and commercial sectors with the main role of molded case circuit breakers being to automatically shut-off power when a circuit is threatened of becoming overloaded. Factors such as an increase in power consumption, rise of industrial activities, along with a rising focus on distributed power generation, are expected to drive the market in the forecast period. Rise in the stability of electricity supply, thereby reducing the need for circuit breakers, is likely to restrain the growth of the molded case circuit breaker market in the coming years.
- The industrial sector has dominated the market in recent years and is expected to do the same during the forecast period, owing to factors like increasing electricity demand and a rise in power-intensive industrial activities.
- Globally, the focus has increased on investments in clean energy projects and the development of renewable energy. As a result, the extensive development of new renewable projects, rising electricity usage, and increasing focus on distributed power generation is likely to create an excellent opportunity for the molded case circuit breaker market in the future.
- Asia-Pacific has dominated the molded case circuit breaker market in recent years and is expected to fastest-growing market in the forecast period, with the majority of the demand coming from China, Japan, South Korea, and India.
Key Market Trends
Industrial Sector to Dominate the Market
- The industrial sector is expected to dominate the molded case circuit breaker market in the forecast period, owing to factors like a rising share of distributed power generation in total electricity generation, increasing demand for clean energy, and a rise in usage of large and expensive electrical equipment in the sector.
- The industrial sector energy consumption grew by over 12% from around 214 quadrillion British thermal units in 2010 to around 240 quadrillion British thermal units in 2018. The energy consumption of the industrial sector is more than 50% of the total global energy consumption.
- The majority of the energy consumption in the industrial sector comes from energy-intensive manufacturing industries involved in the manufacturing of basic chemicals, iron, and steel, food, non-ferrous metals, non-metallic minerals, refining, and paper. Energy-intensive industries are expected to occupy half of the share of the industrial sector energy consumption during the forecast period.
- India and China maintain a major share in the energy-intensive manufacturing sector. Both the countries combined had an industrial energy consumption of 63 quadrillion British thermal units in 2018.
- Therefore, with the increase in electricity demand from the industrial sector and rise in the industrial sector, especially in countries like India and China, the market for molded case circuit breakers is expected to grow with it.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market Growth
- Asia-Pacific has dominated the molded case circuit breaker market in 2019 and is expected to continue its dominance in the coming years as well.
- Asia-Pacific is one of the fastest-growing regions in the world because of the increasing population, urbanization, and industrialization. As a result, the demand for guaranteed power supply is high. For addressing these demands, many countries are investing in the renewable energy sector and transmission and distribution infrastructure.
- As per the International Energy Agency (IEA), the world's most populated country China is likely to install 36% of total worldwide hydroelectricity generation capacity and 40% of all global wind energy between 2015-2021. Already, China has over 259,000 MW of new coal plants in various stages of development and accounts for more than 1/3 of the global coal plant pipeline.
- On the other hand, both China and India hold a major share of the world's industrial sector, mainly the energy-intensive manufacturing sector. While China's industrial energy consumption in the highest in the world at a 29% share of the global industrial energy consumption in 2018, India is rapidly catching up with a steady increase in its industrial sector.
- Moreover, India is investing heavily in the renewable sector heavily, with USD 11.1 billion invested in 2018 alone. The majority of these investments were directed towards the development of wind and solar farms, which are expected to help grow the distributed power generation market and, in turn, the molded case circuit breaker market.
- This, in turn, is likely to propel the demand of the molded case circuit breakers in the region during the forecast period.
The molded case circuit breaker market is fragmented. Some of the key players in this market include ABB Ltd, Schneider Electric SE, Hitachi, Ltd., Fuji Electric Co Ltd, and Siemens AG.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
- 4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.4 Market Dynamics
- 4.4.1 Drivers
- 4.4.2 Restraints
- 4.5 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Rated Current
- 5.1.1 0A - 75A
- 5.1.2 75A - 250A
- 5.1.3 250A - 800A
- 5.1.4 Above 800A
- 5.2 End-User
- 5.2.1 Power Utilities
- 5.2.2 Industrial
- 5.2.3 Residential and Commercial
- 5.2.4 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 Hitachi, Ltd.
- 6.3.2 Weg SA
- 6.3.3 General Electric Company
- 6.3.4 Legrand SA
- 6.3.5 Havells India Ltd
- 6.3.6 Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- 6.3.7 Eaton Corporation PLC
- 6.3.8 Siemens AG
- 6.3.9 Chint Group
- 6.3.10 Fuji Electric Co Ltd
- 6.3.11 Schneider Electric SE
- 6.3.12 Powell Industries, Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS