Product Code: 70246
The global distribution voltage regulator market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 4% throughout 2020-2025. Voltage regulators are generally used in power distribution for maintaining stable power supply voltages across distribution lines irrespective of the fluctuating line and load conditions. Factors such as the rising demand for power and an increase in transmission as well as distribution lines are likely to drive the distribution voltage regulator market during the forecast period. Moreover, to install and upgrade new and existing transmission and distribution (T&D) networks, many countries have planned to invest a significant amount in their respective power sector. Such investments are expected to propel the global distribution voltage regulator market since voltage fluctuations are required to be stabilized for providing an uninterrupted electricity supply. However, the requirement of high initial investment for installing a distribution voltage regulator is a major restraining factor for the studied market.
- The industrial or utility companies have positively impacted the market due to high investment, which is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- Replacement and upgrading of aging power distribution networks across countries in Asia are likely to provide attractive opportunities for the voltage regulators market. Moreover, the shifting of the transmission system from high voltage alternating current (HVAC) to high voltage direct current (HVDC) provides ample opportunity for the distribution voltage regulator market in the coming future.
- Asia-Pacific has dominated the distribution voltage regulator market, with the majority of the demand coming from China, Japan, and India.
Key Market Trends
Industrial or Utility Sector Expected to Dominate the Market
- Electric energy is transforming into an essential commodity, presently, throughout the world. The transformation has witnessed investments of millions of dollars in the electricity generation landscape and a loss of a similar amount in electricity transmission and distribution. Rising renewable penetration across the world is driving investments in transmission infrastructure.
- On the production side of the business, the pressure is on the utility companies include greener approaches production, and to improve efficiency at every stage of the process with constant voltage supply. Moreover, on the consumption side, increasing load on distribution grids are leading to the severe fluctuation in voltage, which damages various applications. To minimize the damage cost, the dominant company is installing a distribution voltage regulator for constant voltage.
- Furthermore, with the advent of robust information and communication technologies, and new transmission and distribution (T&D) technologies, smart grids are enabling the mitigation of the imbalance between the demand and supply of energy.
- They are enhancing the utility's ability to balance the load, stabilize the grid, and improve resilience. In turn, this encourages various industries to install a cost-effective voltage regulator for the further constant voltage supply of electricity.
- Therefore, the industrial sector, with the increase in the demand for constant voltage supply and technological improvement in the transmission and distribution, is expected to dominate the distribution voltage regulator market.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- The market for the distribution voltage regulator market in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period.
- China is a potentially large market for the distribution voltage regulator market as a vast industrial nation with a forecasted peak load of more than one terawatt by 2020. The country has experienced shortages in power availability because of rapid economic growth, a situation that has ebbed in recent years. To manage this large mismatch number of customers was instructed to install the device for a voltage regulator to protect the application from damage due to fluctuation in electricity supply.
- Adding to this, the Japanese distribution voltage regulator market is likely to witness robust growth shortly, on account of structural reforms in the country's power sector, which is aimed at market liberalization.
- The Japanese government is planning to modernize the country's power sector by creating a competitive consumer market. For Japan, an open market is vital in creating the change essential for developing a sustainable energy sector. Since 2016, the Japanese electricity market has undergone a massive transformation through deregulation. The regulated tariff is scheduled for phase-out by 2020.
- Therefore, increasing efforts to modernize the power sector across the regions by the governments of respective countries are expected to drive the market studied during the forecast period.
The distribution voltage regulator market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players in this market include ABB Ltd., Belotti Variatori SRL., Daihen Corporation (Japan), Eaton Corporation Plc., General Electric Company, and others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
- 4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
- 4.5 Market Dynamics
- 4.5.1 Drivers
- 4.5.2 Restraints
- 4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
- 4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 End User
- 5.1.1 Industrial
- 5.1.2 Comercial
- 5.1.3 Residential
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 South America
- 5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 ABB Ltd.
- 6.3.2 Belotti Variatori SRL
- 6.3.3 Daihen Corporation
- 6.3.4 Eaton Corporation Plc.
- 6.3.5 General Electric Company
- 6.3.6 Howard Industries Inc.
- 6.3.7 J.Schneider Elektrotechnik Gmbh
- 6.3.8 Siemens AG
- 6.3.9 Toshiba Corporation
- 6.3.10 Utility Systems Technologies
- 6.3.11 Maschinenfabrik Reinhausen GmbH
- 6.3.12 TBEA Co., Ltd.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS