Product Code: 70164
The global pad mounted transformer market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 3% during the forecast period. Factors such as increasing power generation capacity plan across the world, growing demand for replacing/refurbishing of aging distribution transformers, and increasing electricity demand, particularly in China and India, owing to rapidly increasing industrial and infrastructural development activities, are expected to drive the market during the forecast period. Moreover, growth in renewable-based power generation and aging transmission and distribution (T&D) infrastructure is promulgating the growth of pad mounted transformer market. However, delay in the implementation of electrification projects globally is likely to hamper the growth of the market.
- Oil-filled segment is expected to be the largest market for distribution transformer, as it is more efficient, having longer service life and features more reliable overload capabilities. In developing countries, oil-filled distribution transformers account for around 90% of the total distribution transformer units and 80% in developed countries, in turn driving the pad mounted transformer market.
- Rising electrification projects in Africa and Asia-Pacific countries, with several initiatives signaling that significant improvements are underway in the regions to improve the electrification rate, is expected to create ample opportunities for the pad mounted transformer market players.
- Asia-Pacific accounts for the majority share in the global pad mounted transformer market owing to one-third of the world's population currently residing in India and China, with the two countries accounting major share of global electricity demand.
Key Market Trends
Oil-filled Segment to Dominate the Market
- Oil-filled transformers use flammable liquids for cooling, making them highly suitable for outdoor applications. It is more efficient, having a longer service life, and features more reliable overload capabilities.
- A liquid is a more through medium for cooling application, and regardless of the type of liquid used for cooling, a liquid-based transformer is a better option than dry type. The biggest advantage of an oil-filled pad mounted transformer is that it can handle higher ratings.
- Countries, such as India and China, are expanding their transmission & distribution network to increase the electrification rate of the country, which is expected to drive the oil-filled transformer market. For example, in India, the government aims to electrify all households under the Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana.
- China, in a bid to decarbonize its power sector, is heavily investing in renewable energy, creating ample opportunity for pad mounted transformers to expand the market in the country. The country is expected to increase its average annual investment in distribution network, hence increasing the demand for oil-filled pad mounted transformer.
- Moreover, oil-filled are subjected to periodic oil analysis, in addition to cleaning and general inspection of working components and its repairing cost is less costly than dry type pad mounted transformers. Hence, oil-filled pad mounted transformers are expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to be the largest and the fastest-growing region, due to the increasing power generation capacity plans, growing demand for replacing/refurbishing of aging distribution transformers, and increasing electricity demand, particularly in China and India, owing to rapidly increasing industrial and infrastructural development activities.
- China has witnessed high rates of demand for electricity, owing to the unprecedented growth of the economy, coupled with factors, such as rapid industrialization and urbanization electricity. The robust economic growth in China reached nearly 7%, and the gross electricity consumption grew by 6.6%, exceeding 6,000 TWh, for the first time in 2017.
- Utilities and governments in China are developing new generation projects, particularly renewable energy ones, to meet the rising electricity demand. This is likely to require distribution infrastructure to accommodate these projects, which is expected to drive the growth of pad mounted transformers in the country.
- With Australia's ageing electricity infrastructure nearing the end of its lifespan, it has become crucial to refurbish/ renovate electricity distribution network for increasing renewable energy generation. Moreover, the country has been taking initiatives to modernize its energy infrastructure, for which, the government invests nearly USD 5 billion each year into the distribution network.
- Furthermore, the Indian government plans to invest further in strengthening the electrical network, to build a strong and smart grid, and this, in turn, is expected to supplement the demand for pad mounted transformers in the country.
The pad mounted transformer market is fragmented. Some of the key players are ABB Ltd, Siemens AG, Eaton Corporation PLC, Toshiba Corporation, and General Electric Company.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
- 4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
- 4.5 Market Dynamics
- 4.5.1 Drivers
- 4.5.2 Restraints
- 4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
- 4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Oil-filled
- 5.1.2 Dry Type
- 5.2 Phase
- 5.2.1 Single-Phase
- 5.2.2 Three-Phase
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 ABB Ltd
- 6.3.2 Eaton Corporation PLC
- 6.3.3 General Electric Company
- 6.3.4 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- 6.3.5 Schneider Electric SE
- 6.3.6 Siemens AG
- 6.3.7 Toshiba Corporation
- 6.3.8 CG Power and Industrial Solutions Limited
- 6.3.9 Olsun Electrics Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS