Product Code: 69995
The global sulphur recovery technologies market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 2.33% over the period of 2020-2025. Factors such as environmental awareness and regulations are driving the sulphur recovery technologies market. Operators are striving for maximum reduction of the sulphur emission from activities such as transportation and electricity, for which the sulphur technologies are a viable solution, thereby driving the global market. However, the high cost required to reduce the sulphur content acts as a restrain for the global sulphur recovery technologies market.
- Refineries are expected to dominate the market in the use of sulphur recovery technologies. The requirement of low Sulphur usage as required by the International Maritime Organization (IMO), Euro-7 and equivalent refined oil variants, may also boost the demand for sulphur recovery mechanisms in the forecast period, to further limit the Sulphur emission by the counties around the globe.
- LNG Bunkering is expected to increase rapidly beyond the forecast period. De-sulfurization of gas is expected to grow rapidly with the increase in the ships using LNG for water transportation. Thereby, providing for an opportunity for growth in the Sulphur recovery technologies market.
- Due to high production of oil and gas, increased environmental regulations, and increase in the refining capacity, Asia-Pacific is expected to be the largest market during the forecast period, with majority demand coming from the China and India.
Key Market Trends
Refineries Segment to Dominate the Market
- New regulations, especially in the transportation segment under the IMO rules, 2020, heavily focus on the decrease in the sulphur content in the fuel. For ships operating outside designated Emission Control Areas, IMO has set a limit for sulphur in fuel oil used on board ships of 0.50% m/m (mass by mass). More refining of crude oil is expected to boost the sulphur recovery market.
- An increase in the consumption of oil in the world has led to an increase in the production of oil with high sulphur content. Refineries equipped with sulphur recovering technologies have increasingly become mandatory in many countries to limit the sulphur emission.
- The allowed sulphur content has been decreasing over the years, causing companies the use of tail gas treating plants, in coercion, with sulphur recovery unit. This increases the refining of fuel from 95%-97% to 99.9%.
- The United States has the largest refining capacity, in the world. The private players, in the country, are expected to follow the regulations on sulphur emission, and therefore invest more in the sulphur recovery industry.
- Therefore, with the increase in demand for clean fuel, the global sulphur recovery technologies market is expected to increase considerably during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region has dominated the sulphur recovery technologies market, in 2019, and is expected to continue its dominance in the coming years as well. The region consists of major oil and gas refining countries and, also, have some nations with relatively large hydrocarbon reserves in the world.
- As of 2019, India requires on-road diesel and gasoline nationwide to meet BS-IV specifications (maximum 50 ppm sulphur). These specifications are expected to tighten to BS-VI (10 ppm sulphur) in 2020. Reduction in the sulphur content is expected to provide a boost for the market.
- China has accepted the new IMO guidelines and is expected to further aid the growth of sulphur recovery technologies by increasing its investments into the modernization of the refining sector. In 2020, Guangzhou refinery became the newest refinery in the country to be able to produce very low-sulphur fuel oil (VLSFO) for the marine bunker fuel market
- Hence, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market due to its large oil and gas refining sector and increasing demand for cleaner fossil fuel.
The sulfur recovery technologies market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players in this market are Enersul Limited Partnership, WorleyParsons Limited, Royal Dutch Shell PLC, Bechtel Corporation, and Fluor Corporation amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
- 4.3 Crude OIl Consumption Forecast in thousands barrels per day, till 2025
- 4.4 Natural Gas Consumption Forecast in billion cubic feet per day, till 2025
- 4.5 Refinery Installed Capacity and Forecast, till 2025
- 4.6 Allowed sulphur content in refined products in million tons per year, till 2025
- 4.7 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.8 Government Policies and Regulations
- 4.9 Market Dynamics
- 4.9.1 Drivers
- 4.9.2 Restraints
- 4.10 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.11 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.11.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.11.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.11.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.11.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
- 4.11.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Application
- 5.1.1 Refineries
- 5.1.2 Gas Processing Plants
- 5.1.3 Power Plants
- 5.1.4 Others
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 5.2.2 Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.3 Europe
- 5.2.4 South America
- 5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Market Share Analysis
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Enersul Limited Partnership
- 6.4.2 WorleyParsons Limited
- 6.4.3 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- 6.4.4 Bechtel Corporation
- 6.4.5 Fluor Corporation
- 6.4.6 Sulfur Recovery Engineering Inc.
- 6.4.7 Ortloff Engineers, Ltd.
- 6.4.8 Air Liquide S.A.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS