Product Code: 70146
The pasty products filling machine market is estimated to hold a cagr of 5% during the forecast period (2020-2025). The pasty product filling machines owing to the functionality of the precise filling of end-use products in pasty forms are used across various end-user industries such as Pharmaceutical, Food, and Personal Care.
- The increasing adoption of automation for filling pasty product is driving the market. The usage of modules for the transport, channeling, and alignment of packs ensure an efficient and continuous product flow. The discharge of reject packs can be integrated into every sub-process which maintain the productivity flow. Players are focused on providing solutions for transport and discharge that can be installed as part of an automated packaging line or can be integrated into existing equipment.
- Players such as Handtmann provides integrative solutions where its VDM deposition system handles automatically depositing pasty products into a wide variety of containers due to its Multi-lane deposition properties and handle the rejected packs simultaneously.
- Adoption of plastic tube filling in cosmetic and personal care is driving the market for the automatic filling machine. According to Schwartz, 548 million units of shampoo were sold in the USA, generating revenue in the amount of USD 24 billion. This category is expected to increase to USD 30 billion by 2023. This inhibits the usage of automatic pasty filling equipment for the cosmetic segment as it requires short changeover times due to quick-acting couplings which automatic machine can provide. With this, the demand for HDPE tube packaging increases as they provide chemical resistant properties and are commonly recycled.
- However, the filling of highly viscous products into capsules challenges the market. As such, products during filling tend to produce threads and therefore do not allow to be filled into capsules. Furthermore, the production of soft gelatine capsules is technically very complicated, which requires high investment.
- Further, the COVID-19 pandemic has put the world on a standstill, affecting major operations, leading to an industrial catastrophe. The market growth of pasty products filling machine, especially for household and cosmetics, is restrained as in many countries, the machine installations through the engineers are unfortunately postponed currently. For pharmaceuticals, the demand for filling machines is not slow due to the requirement of medicine for various illnesses. A player such as Waldner Dosomat, Shanghai CrossQ Automation Equipment Co., Ltd is supplying their equipment machine to the pharma sector based on the demand.
Key Market Trends
Food Accounted for High Market Share
- Filling systems for pasty requires a special type of packaging machine that requires a different format for filling in different packaging material. In the food industry, these systems are used for filling cans, tubes, boxes, bottles, and similar containers in automatic and semi-automatic machines.
- The CDA's, K-Dense dosing table can fill many formats of glass jars with twist-off caps or plastic jars with wide openings (150g, 200g, 250g, 500g, etc.) with thick, pasty, semi-dense products (jam, honey, maple syrup, sauces, mustard, etc.). These automatic filler has a filling accuracy of +/- 3 grams and can fill up to 1.5 tons per day.
- Some filling machine is capable of filling products with high-temperature range and provide accuracy in filling the product. For instance, Politech Plus machine is capable of filling products with a temperature of up to +95 C. Its high-precision G4-class load cell guarantees the accuracy and reliability of filling dairy products and other non-viscous products of ±20 grams or 0.1% for 20L bag-in-box packaging at a filling rate of 130 packs per hour.
- For tube containers, the most compact linear machine is accessible for filling the pasty food items such as ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, and most of the company provides precision while sealing tubes and the ease of cleaning and changing the tubes. For instance, Nima-Erre MTL-200 machine for filling and closing tubes is a unique, compact linear machine, which is characterized by high performance and easy to access from all sides for easy operator control. It is perfect for use in sterile rooms and absolutely reliable over a long duration of time. The maximum production capacity is 200 pcs a minute.
- In the United States, according to the US Census Bureau, the increasing retail sale in the food grocery sector caters to the demand for various pasty food products, which inhibits the usage of filling machines.
Asia-Pacific to Witness a High Market Growth
- The Beauty & Personal Care market in this region is one of the fastest-growing consumer markets, driven in particular by the Cosmetics and Skin Care segments. The main reason for this strong growth is the generational shift with young consumers entering the market. At the same time, this change is reinforced by social media, eCommerce, which have a lasting effect on buying behavior when it comes to beauty products.
- According to Index Mundi, direct selling of cosmetic products in Asia-Pacific engages around more than 45 million people, compared to North America, which engages approx 17 million people. With such usage of the product, the usage of automatic machines surges a growth for filling purposes.
- Moreover, the region is the main supplier of these machines. According to Alibaba, the supply of a pasty product filling machine is more from China than any other region. The top countries of the supplier is China, from which the percentage of pasty filling machine supply is 99%, respectively. This states the market growth of machines in this region effectively.
- Also, players from this region are continuously trying to bring new innovations in their automatic and semi-automatic machines and maintain the quality standard. For instance, Feige Filling Asia, one of the leading manufacturer of filling machines for liquid and pasty products stand out for high speed, reliability, precision in the gravimetric filling of liquid and pasty products in container types such as pails, cans, drums.
- The company's latest service innovation is the drum inspection system VaDIS (video-assisted drum inspection station) that automates the manual inspection of drums for foreign objects prior to filling. Its machinery also provides appropriate filling technologies for container sizes ranging from 0.5 kg to 3000 kg.
The pasty products filling machine market is fragmented in nature as the players are doing partnership to expand geographically and working on automation to increase the rivalry in the market. Key players are Chabot Delrieu Associes, GEPAS mbH, ALPMA Alpenland Maschinenbau GmbH, etc. Recent developments in the market are -
- March 2019 - Haver & Boecker partnered with Industrial Juval Ltda as the local affiliate in Colombia, which represents the brands of IBAU Hamburg, Feige Filling, Behn + Bates, Haver & Boecker and Newtec Bag Palletizing. This partnership is focused on the expansion of sales and services by providing additional local support for its customers. As the local representative for Haver & Boecker, Juval will focus on bringing storage, filling and packing machinery to all markets to help increase productivity and automation within the region.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Increasing Adoption of Automation
- 4.2.2 Adoption of Plastic Tube Filling in Cosmetic and Personal Care
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Challenges in filling highly viscous products into capsules
- 4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Packaging Material
- 5.1.1 Plastic
- 5.1.2 Metal
- 5.1.3 Glass
- 5.1.4 Other Packaging Materials
- 5.2 By End-User (Food, Household & Cosmetics, Pharma)
- 5.2.1 Food
- 5.2.2 Household & Cosmetics
- 5.2.3 Pharma
- 5.2.4 Other End-Users
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia Pacific
- 5.3.4 Latin America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Chabot Delrieu Associes
- 6.1.2 GEPAS mbH
- 6.1.3 ALPMA Alpenland Maschinenbau GmbH
- 6.1.4 Shanghai CrossQ Automation Equipment Co., Ltd
- 6.1.5 Dongguang Sammi Packing Machine Co.,Ltd
- 6.1.6 Jornen Machinery Co., Ltd.
- 6.1.7 Nima Erreti Packaging Srl
- 6.1.8 Neostarpack Co., Ltd
- 6.1.9 WALDNER Dosomat
- 6.1.10 Wenzhou Hofen Packing Machinery Co., Ltd.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS