Product Code: 69900
The Broadcast Antenna Market is expected to register a CAGR of 4% over the forecast period 2020 to 2025. The market is gaining popularity and growing among the urban population in developed economies, owing to high-frequency receivers, cost-effectiveness, and compact size which is likely to support the growth of the market.
- Moreover, the growing need for distributing information at various public places in less time and to create awareness amongst them regarding the various issues is also projecting the growth of the market.
- Rapid technological advancements in these antenna systems as well as at the backend of broadcasting service providers such as support for higher resolution content, strong digital signal reception, and long-range detections, etc. are some ongoing trends expected to gain transaction soon.
- The growth can be attributed due to the rising demand for ultra high definition (UHD) content production and transmission and the increasing number of broadcasters offering direct-to-consumer (D2C) propositions through OTT services, along with traditional distribution routes, is fueling the growth of the broadcast antenna market.
- The rising number of digital channels, analog to digital transition broadcasting, and growing acceptance of HD are the factors driving the broadcasting antenna market around the world.
- The outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic is expected to affect the market in multiple ways. The production facilities of these antennas are gradually recovering from the impact of the pandemic in major manufacturing centers across the globe. However, the deployment of these antennas for broadcasting TV and FM services is likely to boost up the market growth as people are confined to their homes and are increasingly using TV and FM.
- Moreover, sports has been the biggest draw for TV viewers across the globe, finding ways to deliver the video content at scale and on rapidly increasing number of devices and formats present multiple challenges for broadcasters, service providers, content owners, and rights holders and is likely to hinder the market growth until the resurgence of sports events.
Key Market Trends
Television Type to Hold Highest Market Share
- Broadcast TV antenna offers a wide range of benefits over pay-TV services, some of which are low cost, uncompressed HD signals, uninterrupted services, and a wide range of local channels. These are the key factor expected to drive the growth of the global broadcast antenna market during the forecast period. Moreover, increased picture quality like HD, 2K, 4K, and sports events in 4k are fuelling the growth of broadcast antenna.
- However, limited channels available which can be viewed by using TV antenna are comparatively less as compared to other paid subscriptions, which is expected to hamper the growth of the market to a certain extent.
- Over the last decade, countries have switched from broadcasting using an older analog television standard to newer digital television (DTV). Generally, however, the same broadcast frequencies are used, so the same antennas can be used for the older analog television and can also receive new DTV broadcasts.
- Currently, TV antenna manufacturers are focusing on introducing TV antennas, especially indoor antennas, that support both UHF and VHF functionality, as well as HD content. This trend is expected to gain traction soon.
North America to Hold Highest Market Share
- The North American region is holding highest market share due to the rapidly increasing number of cable and satellite television channels buoyed with the increasing internet penetration has provided broadcasters with the opportunity to provide high-quality content to the viewers, which is one of the primary reasons for the demand for broadcast equipment.
- The rising cultural diversity across the region is also one of the primary factors that have led to an increase in the number of digital channels, which in turn is boosting the demand for broadcast equipment in the region.
- Major players operating in the broadcast and digital media sectors in this region are increasingly innovating new technologies and generating new content to increase their revenue in their online platforms that offers hours of media-related content, such as music and films which is likely to drive the market growth in the region.
- Moreover, with international companies exploring the potential in emerging nations, this sector is witnessing increasing investments. Overall, the market is expected to grow at a healthy rate over the forecast period.
The broadcast antenna market is moderately fragmented, with the presence of some large and several medium-sized companies that offer solutions about media and entertainment. The major players are using various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. Some of the key developments in the market are:
- In Oct 2019 - Ericsson acquired antenna and filter division of Kathrein, a world-leading provider of antenna and filter technologies to provide its customers a broadened Ericsson radio system offering by expanding Ericsson's portfolio of antenna and filter products.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Evolution of Optic Fiber is Expected to Challenge the Antenna Adoption
- 4.4 Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Porters Five Force Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.6 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Broadcast Antenna Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Television
- 188.8.131.52 Market Overview
- 184.108.40.206 Key Technologies/Types
- 5.1.2 FM
- 220.127.116.11 Market Overview
- 18.104.22.168 Key Technologies/Types
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 Latin America
- 5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 TE Connectivity Ltd.
- 6.1.2 Jampro Antennas Inc.
- 6.1.3 Propagation Systems Inc. (PSI Antenna)
- 6.1.4 TCI International Inc.
- 6.1.5 Twin Engineers Private Limited
- 6.1.6 Dielectric Inc.
- 6.1.7 OMB Sistemas Electronicos S.A.
- 6.1.8 ELETEC Broadcast Transmitters Sarl
- 6.1.9 ABE Elettronica s.r.l.
- 6.1.10 Electronics Research Inc.
- 6.1.11 ALDENA TELECOMUNICAZIONI Srl
- 6.1.12 R.V.R. Elettronica S.r.l
- 6.1.13 Kathrein Broadcast GmbH
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS