Product Code: 69900
The Broadcast Antenna Market is expected to register a CAGR of 4% over the forecast period 2021 to 2026. The market is gaining popularity and growing among the urban population in developed economies, owing to high-frequency receivers, cost-effectiveness, and compact size, which is likely to support the growth of the market.
- Direct broadcasting or satellite television has become a significant form of distribution for television content. The broad and controllable coverage areas available combined with the much larger bandwidths enable more channels to be broadcast, and this makes satellite television very attractive.
- Further, within a decade after seeing the last rusty old roof-mounted television antennas finally hauled away to recycling centers, the return of the best TV antenna options to homes has been a surprising turn of events of media along with innovation in the televisions such as smart TVs. Today's antennas are smaller, more streamlined, and are much powerful. Whether for indoor or outdoor installation, many antennas come with built-in amplifiers to boost signals from further afield, making them ideal for rural areas
- Many households are now choosing as a combination of streaming platforms (for OTT content) and an antenna (to pick up the major network broadcasts and local news and information). This cuts out the need for expensive satellite services, saving most households up to USD 2,000 per year. For instance, the Sukses Indoor HDTV Digital TV Antenna provides a powerful, detachable HDTV amplifier signal booster allowing reception from up to 120 miles away. The filtering technology helps in eliminating interference from cellular and FM signals. Further, it supports programming in 1080p HDTV and 4 K technology.
- Further, various researchers are introducing an antenna that shows a wideband and covers both VHF and UHF ranges. For instance, in Feb 2019, researchers introduced a novel biconical antenna used for VHF and the UHF range with a range of 30 to above 310 MHz. The proposed design covers the television and radio communication range with appropriate result in return loss that is -52 .27 dB and VSWR (ratio of the maximum voltage to the minimum voltage) that is 1 .02 and important parameter with percentage bandwidth of 142 .85 %.
- Additionally, Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, penetration of broadcast TV and antennas increased marginally. Over 30% of US broadband households report owning a TV antenna. It is expected to witness an upward trend both in ownership and usage to continue, especially during the pandemic period.
Key Market Trends
Television Type to Hold Highest Market Share
- Broadcast TV antenna offers a wide range of benefits over pay-TV services, some of which are low cost, uncompressed HD signals, uninterrupted services, and a wide range of local channels. These are the key factor expected to drive the growth of the global broadcast antenna market during the forecast period. Moreover, increased picture quality like HD, 2K, 4K, and sports events in 4k are fuelling the growth of broadcast antenna.
- However, limited channels available, which can be viewed using TV antennas, are comparatively less compared to other paid subscriptions, which is expected to hamper the growth of the market to a certain extent.
- Over the last decade, countries have switched from broadcasting using an older analog television standard to newer digital television (DTV). Generally, however, the same broadcast frequencies are used, so the same antennas can be used for the older analog television and can also receive new DTV broadcasts.
- Currently, TV antenna manufacturers are focusing on introducing TV antennas, especially indoor antennas, that support both UHF and VHF functionality and HD content. This trend is expected to gain traction soon.
North America to Hold Highest Market Share
- The North American region is holding the highest market share due to the rapidly increasing number of cable and satellite television channels buoyed with increasing internet penetration. It has provided broadcasters with the opportunity to provide high-quality content to the viewers, which is one of the primary reasons for the demand for broadcast equipment. For instance, According to IDATE DigiWorld, in the United States, the shipment of TV set-top boxes increased to 17.5 million units in 2019 compared to 14.6 million units in 2016.
- The rising cultural diversity across the region is also one of the primary factors that led to an increase in the number of digital channels, which boosts the demand for broadcast equipment in the region. In the region, major players operating in the broadcast and digital media sectors are increasingly innovating new technologies and catering to acquisitions and partnerships.
- Major players operating in the broadcast and digital media sectors in this region are increasingly innovating new technologies and generating new content to increase their revenue in their online platforms. The platform is aimed at offering hours of media-related content, such as music and films, which is likely to drive the market growth in the region.
- Moreover, with international companies exploring the potential in emerging nations, this sector is witnessing increasing investments. Overall, the market is expected to grow at a healthy rate over the forecast period.
The broadcast antenna market is moderately fragmented, with the presence of some large and several medium-sized companies that offer solutions about media and entertainment. The major players use various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. Some of the key developments in the market are:
- In Oct 2019 - Ericsson acquired antenna and filter division of Kathrein, a world-leading provider of antenna and filter technologies to provide its customers a broadened Ericsson radio system offering by expanding Ericsson's portfolio of antenna and filter products.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Evolution of Optic Fiber is Expected to Challenge the Antenna Adoption
- 4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Porters Five Force Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.6 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Broadcast Antenna Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Television
- 5.1.2 FM
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 Latin America
- 5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 TE Connectivity Ltd.
- 6.1.2 Jampro Antennas Inc.
- 6.1.3 Propagation Systems Inc. (PSI Antenna)
- 6.1.4 TCI International Inc.
- 6.1.5 Twin Engineers Private Limited
- 6.1.6 Dielectric Inc.
- 6.1.7 OMB Sistemas Electronicos S.A.
- 6.1.8 ELETEC Broadcast Transmitters Sarl
- 6.1.9 ABE Elettronica s.r.l.
- 6.1.10 Electronics Research Inc.
- 6.1.11 ALDENA TELECOMUNICAZIONI Srl
- 6.1.12 R.V.R. Elettronica S.r.l
- 6.1.13 Kathrein Broadcast GmbH
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OUTLOOK