Product Code: 69778
The active noise cancellation headphones market is expected to CAGR of 14% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025. The growing acceptance of smart wearables such as wireless headphones with active noise canceling augmented hearing, and increased control over ambient sounds is propelling the demand for active noise cancelling headphones.
- The growing awareness toward hearing disorders, the transition to hearable in the connected environment, the increasing number of smartphone users and tech-savvy consumers, and the adoption of new audio technology are some of the prominent factors that are expected to drive the ANC headphones market.
- Increasing affinity of the millennial population towards technologically advanced and state-of-the-art electric appliances is one of the leading factors driving growth of the active noise cancellation headphones market.
- Increasing inclination of consumer towards headphones that offer higher audio quality is encouraging audio device companies to incorporate advanced technologies and offer the noise canceling feature in headphones is further fuelling the market growth.
- Furthermore, need for high capital and technological expertise may prove to be major barriers to entry for small- and medium-scale manufacturers in the active noise canceling headphones market.
- In-ear active noise cancelling headphones are likely to witness traction during the forecast period. A major reason for the high market penetration of these headphones is their cost-efficiency. Further, the increased adoption of in-ear headphones by sports and music enthusiasts is another factor for the high application of in-ear headphones.
- Due to COVID-19 outbreak, the production facilities of the electronics parts have been halted owing to the logistics slowdown and unavailability of the workforce across the globe which in turn leading to the gap in the demand and supply of the electronic products. On the other hand, various e-commerce companies all across the globe have discontinued the delivery of non-essential items (including most of the electronics products), which is affecting the active noise cancellation headphones market growth.
Key Market Trends
Proliferation of Smart Phones is Expected to Drive the Market Over the Forecast Period
- The increasing penetration of smartphones and connected mobile phones is driving the demand for active noise cancelling headphones worldwide. Vendors are incorporating several smart and intelligent features in their products, which is affecting the global sale of active noise cancellation headphones. There is a high demand for entry-level smart products in developing countries, which is currently fulfilled by local manufacturers.
- According to CISCO Annual Internet Report, 2018-2023, the total number of global mobile subscribers will raise from 5.1 billion in 2018 to 5.7 billion by 2023. Also, smartphones market will register a CAGR of 7% during the same period.
- The increasing trend of making the smartphones slimmer and thinner has resulted in the manufacturers removing the headphones jack. This is propelling the consumers to adopt advanced headphones with unique features, in turn, boosting the market growth over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Witness Highest Growth
- Asia-pacific is expected to Register Fastest Growth over the forecast period, owing to the presence of some major players in the region such as Sony. The presence coupled with the extensive research and development activities carried out by these players has resulted in the wide-scale adoption of the active noise cancellation headphones in the region.
- Asia Pacific players are introducing innovative features of noise canceling headphones to meet the dynamic consumer demands and attract a large consumer base in the region. Furthermore, adoption of innovative marketing strategies is expected to emerge as a popular trend among noise canceling headphones market players in the Asia Pacific region, in the upcoming years.
- Emerging markets in Asian countries have witnessed an unexpected growth in the demand for premium headphones, which can be attributed to the rising disposable income.Moreover, they are adopting smart headphones with add-on functionalities such as active noise cancellation, augmented hearing, and higher control over ambient sounds.
- Furthermore,the penetration by foreign players in the region providing premium products that are technologically advanced, and providing better experience has fueled the demand for the active noise cancellation headphones.This is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
The active noise cancellation headphones market is highly competitive owing to several players in the market. Players in the market and leading stakeholder are constantly adopting innovative technologies and trying to roll out new features of noise canceling headphones to maintain an edge in the market as technologies and preferences of consumers are constantly evolving.Some of the key development in the market are:
- July 2019 - Beyerdynamic launched its premium pair of technologically advanced headphones Beyerdynamic Lagoon ANC featuring active noise cancellation and wireless connectivity.
- March 2019 - Sennheiser launched MB 360 UC Bluetooth Headset with Active Noise Cancellation Technology.They are designed for modern office workers in noisy environments including open offices, coworking spaces or during commutation
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Increasing Affinity of the Millennial Population Towards Technologically Advanced Appliances
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Need for High Capital and Technological Expertise
- 4.4 Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Porters Five Force Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.6 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Active Noise Cancellation Headphones Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product type
- 5.1.1 In Ear
- 5.1.2 On Ear
- 5.1.3 Over Ear
- 5.2 Price Range
- 5.2.1 Premium
- 5.2.2 Moderate
- 5.2.3 Low
- 5.3 Distribution Channel
- 5.3.1 Retail
- 5.3.2 Online
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Bose Corporation
- 6.1.2 Samsung
- 6.1.3 Sony Corporation
- 6.1.4 Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG
- 6.1.5 Apple Inc.
- 6.1.6 AsusTek Computer Inc.
- 6.1.7 Logitech International S.A
- 6.1.8 Pioneer Corporation
- 6.1.9 Toshiba Corporation
- 6.1.10 Skullcandy Inc.
- 6.1.11 Xiaomi Corporation
- 6.1.12 Plantronics Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS