Product Code: 69923
The Viscosupplementation market studied is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of nearly 5.8%, during the forecast period.
- Certain factors that are driving the market growth include rising patient pool suffering from osteoarthritis, along with the introduction of advanced and combination products.
- Osteoarthritis refers to the inflammation of a joint. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness, and pain. There are over 100 types of arthritis, namely osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, lupus, gout, pseudogout. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that causes pain and inflammation in the joints of the body. Rheumatoid arthritis disease mostly affects the joints of the hand, wrists, elbows, knees, and ankles. Results of the Global Burden of Diseases, Injuries, and Risk Factors (GBD) 2017 study indicated that there were 19,965,115 globally prevalent cases of RA in 2017 (95% uncertainty interval [UI], 17,990,489-21,995,673 cases), with an age-standardized prevalence rate of 246.6 cases/100,000 population, which increased by 7.4% between 1990 and 2017. The rising prevalence of osteoarthritis is expected to fuel the market growth over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Ambulatory Surgical Centers show Lucrative Opportunity in the Global Viscosupplementation Market
- Ambulatory surgical center means a facility, located in or apart from a hospital, that provides, under the direction of a licensed physician, either diagnosis or treatment, or both, to ambulatory patients in need of medical, surgical, or mental care.
- Throughout the past few decades, the treatment of various chronic diseases has been increasingly prioritized by the global health community or governments even in low- and middle-income countries. As a result, the demand for proper treatment and cure has risen significantly, in order to address the global osteoarthritis burden, thus leading to a rise in the utilization and adoption of Viscosupplementation.
- Over the past few years, with the move to value-based care, hospitals and healthcare systems are facing extreme competition from outpatient service sites, particularly those which offer physician office-based procedures, and ambulatory surgery. Gaining in popularity across the globe, outpatient facilities provide both operational and economic efficiencies, enabling ease of patient access, very competitive pricing, and increased opportunities for physician engagement. Hence, owing to all the aforementioned factors, the studied market is expected to increase in the future.
Asia-Pacific is expected to Witness High Growth Rate in the Global Viscosupplementation Market
- The Asia-Pacific market is anticipated to witness high growth during the forecast period, due to increasing healthcare expenditure. Additionally, the low cost of manufacturing in China and India has resulted in the rise in the production facilities, attracting pharmaceutical and biotechnological giants to the Asia-Pacific region from across the world.
- The increase in the incidence of rheumatoid arthritis disease is also expected to propel the market growth in the region during the forecast period. For example, according to the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, the number of cases of rheumatoid arthritis has increased from 183,272 in 2007 to 263,365 in 2017 only in India. Therefore, analyzing the number of cases in other major countries of the Asia Pacific region, the healthcare activities in relation to the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis will propel the growth of the market.
The global Viscosupplementation market is competitive and consists of a few major players. Companies like Anika Therapeutics, Inc., Bioventus LLC, Chugai Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd., Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Fidia Farmaceutici s.p.a., Mylan N.V., OrthogenRx Inc., Sanofi SA, Seikagaku Corporation., among others, hold the substantial market share in the market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Rising Patient Pool Suffering from Osteoarthritis
- 4.2.2 Introduction of Advanced and Combination Products
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Regulatory Issues and Lack of Awareness
- 4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Dosage
- 5.1.1 Single Injection
- 5.1.2 Three Injection
- 5.1.3 Five Injection
- 5.2 By End-User
- 5.2.1 Hospitals
- 5.2.2 Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- 5.2.3 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Italy
- 18.104.22.168 Spain
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Australia
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Middle-East and Africa
- 126.96.36.199 GCC
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
- 5.3.5 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Anika Therapeutics, Inc.
- 6.1.2 Bioventus LLC
- 6.1.3 Chugai Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd. (Roche)
- 6.1.4 Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- 6.1.5 Fidia Farmaceutici s.p.a.
- 6.1.6 Mylan N.V.
- 6.1.7 OrthogenRx Inc.
- 6.1.8 Sanofi SA
- 6.1.9 Seikagaku Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS