Product Code: 50747
The global catalysts in petroleum refining, chemicals, and polymer synthesis market are expected to grow with a CAGR greater than 4% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market is the increasing refinery market output in Africa, Middle-East, and Asia-Pacific. However, high manufacturing costs are hindering the growth of the market studied.
- Rising demand for maintaining high octane figures is another major driver for the market studied
- Asia-Pacific is expected to account for the highest market share during the forecast period.
- Among the applications, Petroleum Refining is likely to account for the highest market share during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Petroleum Refining Application to Dominate the Market
- The growing consumption of petroleum products, like hydrocarbons, is expected to grow, thereby, driving the market studied. The global demand for liquid hydrocarbons is growing mainly due to the growth of the population and the consumer class in developing countries.
- The growth in the demand for oil in the developing countries will be majorly encouraged by the industrial sector, in particular, the petrochemical industry.
- Stringent environmental legislations, while being a bane for industries, such as refineries, can be a boon for catalyst manufacturers, provided they introduce efficient catalysts at the right time.
- For instance, 'drop-in' catalysts that can be used with the existing refinery setup could be a preferred industry choice.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned reasons, the petroleum refining catalysts application is likely to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is likely to lead the market owing to the higher consumption of petroleum products, including transport fuels, polymers, and other life amenities. The major demand for catalysts in Asia comes from China.
- China has emerged as one of the biggest production houses in the world today and is the principal location for the manufacture and export of plastic products.
- In the recent past, there has been significant growth in the demand for catalysts from India, and Southeast Asian countries for various applications.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, Asia-pacific is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
The global catalysts in petroleum refining, chemicals, and polymer synthesis market is moderately fragmented as the majority of the market share is divided among many players. Some of the key players in the market include BASF SE, Honeywell International Inc, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Dow, and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Refinery Market Output in Africa, Middle East, and Asia-Pacific
- 4.1.2 Rising Demand for Maintaining High Octane Figures
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 High Manufacturing Costs
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Material
- 5.1.1 Metals and Organometallic Catalysts
- 188.8.131.52 Inexpensive Metals
- 184.108.40.206 Precious Metals
- 220.127.116.11 Metallic Compounds
- 5.1.2 Aluminosilicates
- 18.104.22.168 Zeolites
- 22.214.171.124 Molecular Sieves
- 5.1.3 Chemical Compounds
- 126.96.36.199 Peroxides
- 188.8.131.52 Acids
- 184.108.40.206 Amines
- 220.127.116.11 Other Chemical Compounds
- 5.1.4 Other Materials
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Petroleum Refining
- 18.104.22.168 Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC)
- 22.214.171.124 Hydrocracking
- 126.96.36.199 Hydrotreating
- 188.8.131.52 Alkylation
- 184.108.40.206 Reforming
- 220.127.116.11 Isomerization
- 5.2.2 Chemical Synthesis
- 18.104.22.168 Organic Synthesis
- 22.214.171.124 Oxidation
- 126.96.36.199 Hydrogenation
- 188.8.131.52 Dehydrogenation
- 184.108.40.206 Synthesis Gas Processes
- 5.2.3 Polymerization
- 220.127.116.11 Polyolefins
- 18.104.22.168 Condensation Polymers
- 22.214.171.124 Thermosetting Polymers
- 126.96.36.199 Additional Polymers
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 ASEAN Countries
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 BASF SE
- 6.4.2 Bayer Technology Services
- 6.4.3 Catalytic Distillation Technologies
- 6.4.4 Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
- 6.4.5 Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- 6.4.6 Clariant International Ltd
- 6.4.7 Dow
- 6.4.8 Eastman Chemical Co.
- 6.4.9 Eka Chemicals AB
- 6.4.10 Evonik Industries AG
- 6.4.11 Exxon Mobil Corporation
- 6.4.12 INEOS Technologies
- 6.4.13 Johnson Matthey, Inc.
- 6.4.14 KBR, Inc.
- 6.4.15 Nova Chemicals Corp.
- 6.4.16 Honeywell International Inc
- 6.4.17 W.R. Grace & Co.
- 6.4.18 Wako Chemicals USA, Inc.
- 6.4.19 Zeochem, LLC
- 6.4.20 Zeolyst International
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS