Product Code: 61906
The global packaging adhesives market is expected to grow at with a CAGR greater than 5% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market is the growing demand from food & beverage industry. However, phasing out of the solvent-borne adhesives owing to the VOC emissions is hindering the growth of the market studied.
- The rapidly growing packaging industry is expected to provide a major growth opportunity for the market studied.
- Asia-Pacific accounted for the highest share of the market and is likely to continue dominating the market during the forecast period.
- Among technology, water-borne segment is expected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Water-borne Technology to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
- Water-based technology is expected to witness the highest growth rate among the technology types during the forecast period.
- These adhesives are supplied to manufacturers and distributors as either a pre-mixed solution or as formulated dry powders that must be mixed with water, in order to activate its adhesive quality.
- Water-based adhesives are generally applied as emulsion mixes that are converted to adhesive materials when their water content has evaporated. VOC norms has led to the phasing out of solvent-based adhesives.
- Many countries, including many regions of the United States and Europe, have set a ban on the use of solvent-borne materials. Hot-melt adhesives are also gaining popularity, due to their fast set speed and excellent adhesive qualities.
- Hence owing to the above-mentioned factors, water-borne adhesive technology to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific accounts for the highest share of the global packaging adhesives market currently owing to the high demand from countries like China, Japan, India, etc.
- China is the leading country in the consumption of packaging adhesives, due to the increased demand from end-user industries like food & beverage and consumer goods.
- Growing e-commerce is one of the major driving factors boosting the demand for food packaging in the country.
- Additionally, South-East Asian countries are also witnessing a high demand for packaging adhesives over the past few years.
- Hence, owing tot eh above-mentioned factors, Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the market studied d during the forecast period.
The global packaging adhesives market is moderately consolidated as the market of the market share is divided among a few players. Some of the key players in the market include 3M, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, H.B. Fuller Company, Arkema Group, and Sika AG, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand from Food & Beverage Industry
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Solvent-based Adhesives are being Phased Out to Reduce VOC Emissions
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Technology
- 5.1.1 Water-based
- 5.1.2 Solvent-based
- 5.1.3 Hot Melt
- 5.1.4 Other Technologies
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Flexible Packaging
- 5.2.2 Folding Cartons
- 5.2.3 Boxes & Cases
- 5.2.4 Labeling
- 5.2.5 Other Applications
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 ASEAN Countries
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 Dow
- 6.4.3 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- 6.4.4 H.B. Fuller Company
- 6.4.5 Arkema Group
- 6.4.6 Sika AG
- 6.4.7 AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
- 6.4.8 Jowat SE
- 6.4.9 Wacker Chemie AG
- 6.4.10 Ashland
- 6.4.11 Paramelt RMC B.V.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 The Rapid Growth of Packaging Industry in the Asia-Pacific Region