Product Code: 68285
The market for stain resistant coatings is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are increasing application in architectural coatings, and rapidly growing application in electrical & electronics industry. Slowing down global automotive production is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Buildings & construction industry leads the demand of stain resistant coatings owing to the increasing construction activity and it is followed by electrical & electronics industry due to the rapid rise in usage of electrical appliances across the globe.
- Depending upon the chemistry required, different types of chemicals like polytetrafluoroethylene, perfluoro alkoxy alkane, ethylene tetrafluoroethylene, polyvinylidene fluoride and others are used to make stain resistant coatings.
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the market for stain resistant coatings with India, China, Japan representing major countries in consumption.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Application in Buildings & Construction Industry
- Stain resistance is defined as the ability to resist the contamination on the substrate. Stain resistant coatings cover the surface of the building units by using some operational techniques such as brushing, radiating, spraying and troweling, adheres well with the later to create integral protective film that will prolong the service life of buildings.
- These stain resistant coatings have greater application in architectural coatings as it protects the buildings from atmospheric dust, stains due to acidic rains acidic rains and others that forms on the surface of the building over the period.
- The Indian government has announced an investment worth ~USD 28.52 billion for the construction of 100 cities, under the smart cities plan. 100 smart cities and 500 cities are likely to invite investments worth INR 2 trillion (~USD 28.18 billion), over the coming five years creating scope for the application of these stain resistant coatings.
- Buildings & Construction industry leads in the utilization of stain resistant coatings with China, United States, India, Germany, playing a major role in this market.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for stain resistant coatings during the forecast period. The demand for these coatings are increasing in the region due to the numerous ongoing and upcoming construction projects in countries like China, India and ASEAN Countries.
- Some of the largest producers of stain resistant coatings are located in Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of stain resistant coatings are PPG Industries, Inc, Berger Paints India Limited, AkzoNobel N.V., Jotun, Nippon Paint.
- The Chinese government has rolled out massive construction plans, including making provisions for the movement of 250 million people to its new megacities, over the next ten years creating a major scope for construction activity thereby increasing the market for stain resistant coatings over the coming years.
- These stain resistant coatings are also used to prevent staining of white and light-colored consumer and mobile electronic devices such as tablets, smartphones and e-readers and other electronic appliances. Production of electronics in the region is also on the gradual rise owing to the establishments of various manufacturing facilities.
- The aforementioned factors coupled with government support are contributing to the increasing demand for stain resistant coatings market during the forecast period.
The global stain resistant coatings market is partially fragmented with players accounting for a marginal share of the market. Few companies include are PPG Industries, Inc, Berger Paints India Limited, AkzoNobel N.V., Jotun, Nippon Paint.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Application in Architectural Coatings
- 4.1.2 Rapidly Growing Application in Electrical & Electronics Industry
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Slow Down in Global Automotive Production
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Chemistry
- 5.1.1 Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- 5.1.2 Perfluoroalkoxy alkane (PFA)
- 5.1.3 Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE)
- 5.1.4 Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF)
- 5.1.5 Others
- 5.2 Technology
- 5.2.1 Water-Based
- 5.2.2 Solvent-Based
- 5.3 End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Building & Construction
- 5.3.2 Electronics & Electronics
- 5.3.3 Automotive
- 5.3.4 Cookware & Bakeware
- 5.3.5 Others
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Axalta Coating Systems
- 6.4.2 AkzoNobel N.V.
- 6.4.3 BASF SE
- 6.4.4 Berger Paints India Limited
- 6.4.5 Caparol
- 6.4.6 Hempel
- 6.4.7 Jotun
- 6.4.8 NIPSEA GROUP (Nippon Paint)
- 6.4.9 PPG Industries, Inc
- 6.4.10 The Sherwin-Williams Company
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Development of Bio-based Stain Resistant Coatings
- 7.2 Other Opportunities