Product Code: 68115
The market for Self-Cleaning Glasses is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 4% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are rapidly growing demand from the construction sector and the increasing demand from energy sector. High price bar and dearth of awareness among the consumers is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Buildings & construction industry dominated the market and is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to the less maintenance costs.
- Increasing the efficiency of self-cleaning glasses is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Europe dominated the market across the globe with the major consumption from the countries such as United Kingdom.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Building & Construction Sector
- Self-cleaning glasses are widely used as glazing materials in the building envelope, as windows, as a partition inside the building infrastructure. Because of the ability of self-cleaning glasses to clean by itself, its application has rapidly increased in the construction sector over the recent years.
- The construction sector in Europe witnessed a growth of about 2% for the year 2019. Although there is a marginal decline in the growth of this sector, the use these self-cleaning glasses is expected to grow over the coming years.
- Self-cleaning glasses mostly have a hydrophobic coating on its surface making it surface repellent to most of the foreign particles and eliminates most of the accumulated waste that forms on it. Hydrophilic coating is even used but to a less extent because of its less efficiency.
- Self-cleaning glasses aids in reducing the maintenance cost because of which their application has increased in both residential and commercial buildings.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned factors, the market for self-cleaning glasses is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period.
Europe Region to Dominate the Market
- Europe region dominated the global market share. With growing construction industry in countries such as United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, and France, the utilization of self-cleaning glasses is increasing in the region.
- Some of the largest producers of self-cleaning glasses in Europe are Pilkington, Saint-Gobain Limited, Tuffx Glass, Morley Glass & Glazing Ltd. United Kingdom is one the largest producers of self-cleaning glasses in the world.
- According to the European Commission, an estimated number of 570 projects have been registered for receiving EUR 60 million funding towards construction of these projects.
- Due to its self-cleaning ability, these glasses are being widely used to replace the glasses which are currently being used to manufacture solar panels. Hence, this has resulted in increasing the efficiency of solar panels.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for self-cleaning glasses in all the above-mentioned sectors during the forecast period.
The global self-cleaning glass market is fragmented with top 5 players accounting for a major shareof the market. The major companies include Pilkington, Saint-Gobain, Tuffx Glass, Cardinal Glass Industries, Morley Glass & Glazing ltd.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rapidly Growing Demand from the Construction Sector
- 4.1.2 Increasing Demand from Energy Sector
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 High Price Bar
- 4.2.2 Dearth of Awareness Among Consumers
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Coating Type
- 5.1.1 Hydrophobic Coating
- 5.1.2 Hydrophilic Coating
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Buildings & Construction
- 5.2.2 Automotive
- 5.2.3 Energy
- 5.2.4 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Italy
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 ATIS Group
- 6.4.2 Australian Insulated Glass
- 6.4.3 Cardinal Glass Industries, Inc.
- 6.4.4 Guardian Industries
- 6.4.5 Morley Glass & Glazing Ltd.
- 6.4.6 Morn Building Materials Co.,Ltd
- 6.4.7 Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
- 6.4.8 Saint-Gobain
- 6.4.9 Nanovations Pty Ltd
- 6.4.10 Tuffx Glass
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing the Efficiency of Self-Cleaning Glass
- 7.2 Other Opportunities