Product Code: 67669
The high-density packaging market is estimated to register a cagr of 12% over the forecast period of 2020 - 2025. The growing advancement in consumer electronic products will drive the market in the forecast period.
- Consumer electronic devices are readily available in different kinds of high-density package types like MCM, MCP, SIP, 3D - TSV. The high-density packaging market has drawn the greatest attention in the investment community. The change in the consumer preference for the latest technology and constant innovations by major players for electronic devices has generated an immense market demand for the high-density packaging market.
- Since most populations are shifting more towards connected devices, so an increase in the Internet of Things (IoT) will lead to the growth of high-density packaging. An increase in the demand for consumer wearable goods, smartphones, and home appliances will act as a positive impact on this industry.
- For Instance, Amkor offers more than 3000 types of packaging solutions inclusive of high-density packaging applications such as automotive, stacked die, MEMS, TSV, and 3D Packaging.
- The favorable government regulations in developing countries will drive the market in the forecast period. However, high initial investment might hinder the market.
Scope of the Report
Advanced Packaging is arranging complicated IC chips via a variety of high density packaging techniques like MCM, MCP, SIP, and others. The major applications are in consumer electronics devices, IT & Telecom, automotive, medical devices, and others.
Key Market Trends
High Application in Consumer Electronics Segment to Augment the Market Growth
- The electronics market constantly demands higher power dissipation, faster speeds, and higher pin counts, along with smaller footprints and lower profiles. The miniaturization and integration of high density semiconductor packaing have given rise to smaller, lighter, and more portable devices, like tablets, smartphones, and the emerging IoT devices.
- According to the Semiconductor Industry Association, the global sales of the semiconductor have increased by 13.7% with USD 468 billion in 2018. The industries have reported the highest sales revenue and shipment 1 trillion units.
- However, according to world semiconductor trade statistics, the demand has decreased in 2019 due to the weaker pricings of ICs, there will still be an increase in demand from 2020 due to consumer electronic products. For instance, the United States has witnessed consistent growth in smartphone sales. With this trend likely to continue, it is poised to drive the high density packaging market in the forecast period into other regions as well.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Highest Growth in High Density Packaging Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a healthy rate, being a major revenue-generating region during the forecast period, primarily owing to the growing population and the customer-side demand. Prominent high density packaging companies present in the region are fueling the demand for high density packaging in the market.
- Moreover, China is the largest growing economy with a large population, and according to statistics from China's semiconductor association, the import of IC is increasing for the consecutive year from 2014.
- Furthermore, the Chinese government has employed a multi-pronged strategy to support domestic IC industry development in order to achieve the goal of becoming the global leader in all primary IC industrial supply chain segments by 2030. This growth in the semiconductor IC industry in the region is anticipated to stimulate the high density packaging demand.
The High density packaging market is fragmented due to the presence of major players in the market like Toshiba Corporation, Fujitsu Ltd., Hitachi, Ltd., IBM Corporation, SPIL, Micro Technology and others, are the key players in the market without any dominating player.
- Jan 2019 - Red Hat stockholders voted to approve the merger with IBM. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory reviews and is expected to close in the second half of 2019. IBM announced its intent to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Red Hat, Inc. The combination of Red Hat's vast portfolio of open-source technologies, innovative cloud development platform and developer community, combined with IBM's innovative hybrid cloud technology, industry expertise, and commitment to data, trust, and security, will deliver the hybrid cloud capabilities required to address the next chapter of cloud implementations.
- Jul 2018 - Amkor Technology, Inc. an advance provider of outsourced semiconductor packaging services, declared that with the partnership of Mentor to release Amkor's SmartPackage Package Assembly Design Kit, the first in the industry to support Mentor's High-Density Packaging design method and tools; can now be done in association with Mentor's software to produce fresh, accelerated and detailed confirmation results of advanced packages required for Internet-of-Things, automotive, and artificial intelligence applications.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Growing Advancements in Consumer Electronic Products
- 4.3.2 Favourable Government Policies and Regulations in Developing Countries
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 High Initial Investment and Increasing Complexity of IC Designs
- 4.5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Packaging Technique
- 5.1.1 MCM
- 5.1.2 MCP
- 5.1.3 SIP
- 5.1.4 3D - TSV
- 5.2 By Application
- 5.2.1 Consumer Electronics
- 5.2.2 Aerospace & Defence
- 5.2.3 Medical Devices
- 5.2.4 IT & Telecom
- 5.2.5 Automotive
- 5.2.6 Other Applications
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Latin America
- 5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Toshiba Corporation
- 6.1.2 IBM Corporation
- 6.1.3 Amkor Technology
- 6.1.4 Fujitsu Ltd.
- 6.1.5 Siliconware Precision Industries
- 6.1.6 Hitachi, Ltd.
- 6.1.7 Samsung Group
- 6.1.8 Micron Technology
- 6.1.9 STMicroelectronics
- 6.1.10 NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- 6.1.11 Mentor - a Siemens Business
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS