Product Code: 67225
The sputtering equipment cathode market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). The increasing applications of sputtering in the coating of components in the rapidly growing semiconductor industry is expected to be one of the primary factors that will drive the demand for these types of equipment over the forecast period.
- The emergence of Artificial Intelligence across various end-user industries, such as aerospace and electronics, is expected to increase the demand for semiconductors, which will drive the growth of the market. Moreover, the increasing use of semiconductors for implementing virtual reality in gaming is further expected to drive the market growth.
- The US is witnessing a strong commercial demand for fuel cells primarily owing to the public transport sector combined with an increased production capacity of fuel cell manufacturers, which has led to an increase in fuel cell coating that is boosting the market growth.
- Also, the latest innovation in the magnetron sputtering process includes the confocal sputtering technique, which has lead to the enhancement of film uniformity. Also, it enables the ability of the equipment to have multiple targets in the vacuum chamber which leads to cost and time-saving.
- Furthermore, the increased number of initiatives taken by major players such as continuous investments in R&D to develop new manufacturing processes is further expected to enhance the volume output of the process.
Scope of the Report
Sputtering is basically a thin-film deposition process in which a thin film of various material is deposited over the substrate. It is a widely used process across various industries including semiconductor processing, precision optics, and surface finishing. The sputtered thin films have excellent density, uniformity, and adhesion which makes them ideal for multiple applications.
Key Market Trends
Circular Cathode is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share
- The circular cathode equipment is expected to hold the largest market share in the industry primarily owing to the advantages they present such as they can be used for coating substrates that are complicated in design through the surface of the rotating target tube. The market is expected to witness significant growth as circular type equipment provides high power density, enhanced arc rates, and has a comparatively low initial cost.
- The circular segment is also expected to witness demand owing to the increasing usage of advanced target materials such as silicon nitride, silicon dioxide among others. In addition to these factors, the circular cathode is also primarily used in coating material that are temperature sensitive, which is further expected to drive the market growth over the forecast period.
- With the increasing production of semiconductors in various devices across the globe, the market will witness positive growth.
Asia Pacific is Expected to Occupy Highest Market Share
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to be the largest market for sputtering equipment primarily owing to the increased semiconductor production in countries like China, South Korea, India, and Taiwan. Moreover, the increasing demand for PVD coatings from solar photovoltaic cells and the medical equipment industry is also expected to positively push the market growth during the forecast period.
- China being global manufacturing hub is expected to witness an increase in the production of various products such as electronics, automotive, among others over the forecast period, which is expected to drive the market. Also, the automotive industry comprises of various components that are coated using the sputtering equipment. Also, the growth in the production of electric/hybrid vehicles is expected to impact the market.
- Furthermore, technological innovations in the robotics industry in countries like China and Japan are projected to boost the demand for semiconductor coatings. The increasing demand for semiconductor chips is expected to be supported by the increased demand from the robotics industry.
The sputtering equipment cathode market is highly competitive owing to the presence of various large players in the market supplying equipment in domestic as well as in the international markets. The market appears to be consolidated as few of the players currently dominate the market. Major players in the market are adopting strategies like product innovation and partnerships to expand their reach and stay ahead of the competition. Some of the major players in the market are Semicore Equipment, Inc., Sputtering Components, Inc., Angstrom Sciences, Inc., Veeco Instruments, Inc. among others.
- May 2019 - Kurt J. Lesker Company announced that it has been awarded the United States Patent number 10,115,574 titled "Hermetically Sealed Magnetic Keeper Cathode". The patent was granted for the company's advanced sputtering cathode, which covers a novel design that dramatically reduces the number of seals in a cathode while increasing user-friendliness and decreasing the operating pressure of the cathode.
- Sep 2019 - Veeco Instruments Inc. announced that WZW-Optic AG, a Swiss company that manufactures high-end optics and precision optical components, has ordered multiple Veeco SPECTOR Ion Beam Sputtering (IBS) optical coating systems.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Rise in the Applications of Semiconductors
- 4.3.2 Advancement in Technology Such as Magnetron Sputtering Technology
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Rise of Alternative Technologies Such as Thermal Evaporation
- 4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Product
- 5.1.1 Linear
- 5.1.2 Circular
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Kurt J. Lesker Company
- 6.1.2 Veeco Instruments, Inc.
- 6.1.3 Semicore Equipment Inc.
- 6.1.4 Impact Coatings AB
- 6.1.5 AJA International Inc.
- 6.1.6 Soleras Advanced Coatings
- 6.1.7 Sputtering Components, Inc.
- 6.1.8 KDF Electronic & Vacuum Services, Inc.
- 6.1.9 Angstrom Sciences, Inc.
- 6.1.10 Angstrom Engineering Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS