Product Code: 65947
The data warehouse as a service market was valued at USD 1.44 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 4.3 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 20% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026. The growing interests of the companies to understand the available information regarding business process, products, customers and services to grab new business opportunities is positively impacting the market.
- In recent years, due to rising concerns on data manageability and increasing complexity, data warehousing has attracted significant interest in real-life applications, especially in finance, business, healthcare, and other industries.
- The growing demand for low latency and high-speed analytics, coupled with the increasing role of business intelligence in enterprise management across the business ecosystem, is expected to drive the market demand. However, increasing complexity in managing and improving data quality can act as a significant challenge for the growth of the market studied.
- Further, the demand for data warehouse services, especially across the cloud-based deployment, is expected to rise, owing to tremendous growth in the volume of the structured and unstructured data generated across multiple end-user industries, such as BFSI, retail and e-commerce, government and public sector, and manufacturing industries. For instance, Tencent, a China-based video game publisher, introduced its cloud service in Japan in mid of 2019 in order to compete with Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
- Also, the growing adoption of the data warehouse to perform advanced analytics, rapid growth in data volumes, increase in regulatory compliance, along with the rise of multi-cloud architecture, creates ample opportunities for the adoption of cloud-based data warehouse solutions.
- Enterprises are using reports, dashboards, and analytics tools to extract insights from the datasets, thereby, monitoring the business performance that supports decision-making. These reports, dashboards, and analytics tools are a part of the data warehouse, which stores data efficiently and delivers query results at high speeds across multiple users simultaneously, thereby, driving the adoption of the data-warehouse-as-a-service across the emerging economies.
- The COVID-19 outbreak and the lockdown restriction imposed across the globe have affected the capital investments and industrial activities across the world. Following the global economic recession led by COVID-19, data warehouse as a service market has seen growth due to accelerated digital transformation in the first half of 2020. Most enterprises operating in the end-user industries (majorly manufacturing, automotive) had shut down their production sites due to lockdown restrictions.
Key Market Trends
BFSI Sector to Hold the Major Share
- Banking, financial services, and insurance are highly lucrative for growth in the Data Warehouse-as-a-Service market as it deals with massive customer data generated regularly. Due to a large amount of data generated across the BFSI sector, enterprises need data warehousing solutions to automatically track the performance and behavior of the information stored in their systems. Also, they require analytics to develop innovative business strategies and improve their overall operational efficiency through solutions with BI capabilities.Banks like BNY Mellon, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, Credit Suisse, and PNC, are already working on strategies around Big Data in Banking, and other banks are rapidly catching up.
- Several FinTech start-ups are coming up in Silicon Valley, California, United States. This is expected to increase the lending business and upgrade the payments domain of retail banking institutions. This, in turn, will enhance credit underwriting procedures, as firms will lend to a considerable number of individuals and small businesses, with the help of big data analytics.
- Rising volume, variety, and velocity of the online data need analytics solutions, such as social media analytics, to understand the consumer buying behavior related to its respective products and service offerings. Therefore, insurance firms are increasingly adopting cloud-based data warehousing solutions, thereby, implementing social media monitoring and analytical tools on it to increase the sales of insurance products and to analyze customer sentiments related to insurance products.
- Further, the financial consulting companies are increasingly adopting Data Warehouse-as-a-Service to set themselves free from the burden of updating their on-premise software repeatedly. Moreover, they can access Data Warehouse-as-a-Service anywhere by having access to fast internet connectivity, which, in turn, is driving the demand for the Data Warehouse-as-a-Service market across the BFSI sector.
- North America is anticipated to have a significant market share, owing to the availability of technologically-advanced data warehouse infrastructure. The US organizations are higher adopters of analytics solutions across several verticals and are considered as the leading country in the market, due to the presence of significant demand for managing the operational data, along with the increased emergence of cloud solution providers.
- The market environment for cloud computing continue to develop across the region, as the availability and usage of cloud-based data warehouse solutions become more prevalent. Almost all enterprises are looking for a solution to reduce the time taken to search for data and improve the efficiency of both the employees and the organizations. This has increased the utilization of data warehouse-as-a-service, thereby, increasing the efficiency of business processes.
- Also, the scope and scale of alliances and partnerships among enterprises in the United States are expanding to support and expand upon provider offerings across the data warehouse services space. Also, the data warehouse providers of cloud services are becoming essential partners for many of the IT services firms, thereby, offering them flexibility and scale whenever they require.
- Moreover, the adoption of consumerization trends, such as the usage of mobile devices and social networking is leading to an exponential rise in the volume of informational data that needs an effective way to be stored, analyzed, and managed to stay competitive among the North America market, which is further anticipated to amplify the data warehousing market growth.
- The competitive landscape is consolidated with the presence of some of the prominent players across the region, such as Google LLC, Teradata Corp., SAP SE, IBM Corp., and Microsoft Corp., who are some of the leading vendors, placing significant emphasis on the formalization of professional services to support the data warehousing-as-a-service market.
The data warehouse as a service market is highly competitive and consists of a few major players. In terms of market share, some of the players currently dominate the market. The competitive landscape is consolidated with the presence of some of the prominent players across the region, such as Google LLC, Teradata Corp., SAP SE, IBM Corp., and Microsoft Corp., are some of the leading vendors that are placing significant emphasis on the formalization of professional services to support the data warehouse services delivery.However, with technological advancement and product innovation, various mid-size companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and by tapping new markets.
- October 2019 - Snowflake and Next Pathway Inc., the Automated Cloud Migration company, announced a strategic partnership to accelerate the migration from legacy data warehouses to Snowflake. Snowflake will license Next Pathway's proprietary code translation technology, SHIFTTM, to provide Snowflake customers the ability to automate what is typically the most time-consuming, manual and costly task in a cloud migration effort legacy code conversion.
- September 2019 - IBIOS IT partners with IBM to deliver revolutionary POWER9 solutions. The new alliance enhances BIOS IT's a diverse portfolio of x86-based solutions adding the full suite of IBM POWER9 AI-focused and scale-out systems. The POWER9 product range offers enhanced core and chip architecture for next-generation applications, providing the most capable solutions to ensure its customers gain real value, requires focused collaborations with world-renowned technology partners.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Rapid adoption of cloud-based solutions and focus on real-time data analysis
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Concerns over data security
- 4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.5 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
- 4.6 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Organization
- 5.1.1 Large Enterprises
- 5.1.2 Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)
- 5.2 End User Vertical
- 5.2.1 BFSI
- 5.2.2 Government
- 5.2.3 Healthcare
- 5.2.4 E-Commerce and Retail
- 5.2.5 Media and Entertainment
- 5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia Pacific
- 5.3.4 Latin America
- 5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles*
- 6.1.1 Amazon Web Services Inc.
- 6.1.2 IBM Corporation
- 6.1.3 Microsoft Corporation
- 6.1.4 Google LLP
- 6.1.5 Oracle Corporation
- 6.1.6 SAP SE
- 6.1.7 Micro Focus International PLC
- 6.1.8 Cloudera Inc.
- 6.1.9 Snowflake Computing Inc.
- 6.1.10 Pivotal Software Inc.
- 6.1.11 Yellowbrick B.V
- 6.1.12 Teradata Corporation
- 6.1.13 Veeva Systems Inc
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET