Product Code: 67021
The wearable and body-worn cameras market is expected to register a CAGR of 16% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). One of the most important factors driving the growth of the wearable and body-worn cameras market is the increasing need for accountability by the officers and an increasing need for maintaining a transparent approach towards the public during police conduct.
- Another major growth driving factor for the market is the application of these cameras in the military and defense sector, where they can be used by forces for training programs and are being used by special law enforcement agencies for collecting information. These cameras can also help in providing evidence in cases of domestic violence, and during accidents, it can help in the improvement of evidence collection.
- With various incidents of police misconducts happening across the globe, the public, media, and politicians are forced to acknowledge that in many communities around the globe, the public has a complete lack of trust on its local police officers whether they are acting sensibly and lawfully whenever they interact with the local public or make arrests.
- Moreover, the growing demand for adventurous holidays including cycling and hiking by various customers in all age groups across the globe is driving the demand for wearable cameras to capture the thrilling moments.
- Also, the emerging trend of sharing and live streaming videos on social media platforms has increased the need to capture various adventurous moments from activities such as sky diving, mountain climbing among other adventure sports, have significantly augmented the demand for these cameras.
- The emerging new technologies such as 360 vision, artificial intelligence, and others are also creating new opportunities in the market. Intelligent software and cloud capabilities have enabled the user to capture limitless moments without worrying about the storage size.
Scope of the Report
Body-worn cameras, also known as body cameras or wearable cameras is a wearable audio, video, or photographic recording system. Unlike many other forms of camera technology, body-worn cameras serve both as to law enforcement and a public accountability function. Wearable cameras can be head-mounted or body mounted, whichever suits the end-user needs.
Key Market Trends
Sports and Adventure Segment is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The wearables cameras are witnessing increased adoption in various applications in sports and adventure segments. They are being used by goalies, referees, catchers, and umpires for the live recording of the sport, as well as by skiers, skydivers, surfers, and riders for recording and sharing their adventurous moments. With the rapidly increasing popularity of these cameras and the growing interest of people in sports and adventurous activities, the growth of this segment is to drive the market forward.
- These wearable cameras are also witnessing increased usage among the broadcasting studios for live streaming of sports events from multiple viewpoints of the players on the sports field, thus boosting the demand of these cameras as these images and videos captured from multiple points are liked by viewers.
- These wearable cameras offer various advantages to consumers, such as simple mechanics, robust design, wide field of view, and also the portability and functionality to be worn on the body, and providing high-quality videos.
- Moreover, the technological advancements in sharing options, such as GPS functions and Wi-Fi connectivity that enable the users to keep track of their position and speed, have also led to the growth of the market.
North America is Expected to Occupy Largest Market Share
- The North American region is expected to occupy the major market share owing to the rapidly rising adoption of these wearable cameras in various defense applications such as gathering video evidence, spying, and capturing offenses or assaults in the crime scene.
- One of the primary reasons for the dominance of these cameras in this region is the fondness of the people towards adventurous sports and other outdoor activities and the excitement to capture those moments and share it with others. Moreover, advancements in the region in camera and wearable technology is also a significant contributor to the growth of the market. Apart from this, the growing tourism to and from the region has evoked the market vendors to find crucial points of selling these cameras in the region.
- Moreover, these cameras are effectively helping police agencies to evaluate their personnel performance in a more fair and complete manner, which has led to increased consumption of these cameras by police agencies, thus driving the market forward.
The wearable and body-worn cameras market is highly competitive owing to the presence of many small and large players in the market supplying their products in domestic as well as in the international markets. The market appears to be fragmented with major players adopting strategies like product innovation and mergers and acquisitions to extend their reach and stay ahead of the competition. Some of the major players in the market are Axon Enterprise, Inc., GoPro, Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Transcend Information, Inc. among others.
- July 2019 - Pinnacle Response has been granted the approval of Patent No GB2554136 for the wireless upload of footage from body-worn video cameras. This patent covers the new aspect of wireless upload technology that automatically uploads the content when a wearable device is placed into a hub or dock.
- June 2019 - Nottingham Trent University has chosen Pinnacle Response PR6 body-worn camera to support their security staff across their campuses, ensuring, implementing and maintaining the provision of a safe and secure environment for all staff, students and visitors is of utmost importance for NTU.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 High Demand from Adventure Tourism
- 4.3.2 Rising Crime Rate Across Various Regions
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Data Stored can be Tampered
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By End User
- 5.1.1 Local Police
- 5.1.2 Special Law Enforcement Agencies
- 5.1.3 Sports and Adventure
- 5.1.4 Other End Users
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 Latin America
- 5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Axon Enterprise, Inc.
- 6.1.2 GoPro, Inc.
- 6.1.3 Garmin Ltd.
- 6.1.4 Sony Corporation
- 6.1.5 Xiaomi Corporation
- 6.1.6 Digital Ally, Inc.
- 6.1.7 Panasonic Corporation
- 6.1.8 Pinnacle Response Ltd
- 6.1.9 Transcend Information, Inc.
- 6.1.10 Wolfcom Enterprises
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS