Product Code: 60987
The market for water-borne latex paints is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5.5% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied is stringent environmental, and regulations to control VOC emissions.
- On the flip side, longer curing time is likely to hinder the market.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption in a country such as India, China, etc.
Key Market Trends
Construction Segment to Witness Strong Growth
- The increasing middle-class population, coupled with their increasing disposable income, has facilitated the expansion in the middle-class housing segment, thereby, increasing the use of residential construction, during the forecast period.
- The governments in many countries have also supported to fulfill the supply-demand gap, for housing.
- For instance, to provide for the UK's housing supply crisis, the Manchester city council has collaborated with other developers to build 500 sites, through individual development programs across Greater Manchester and Liverpool.
- The highest growth is expected to be registered in the Asia-Pacific region, due to the expanding housing construction market in China and India.
- The Asia-Pacific has the largest low-cost housing construction segment, which is led by China, India, and various Southeast Asian countries.
- In India, the government initiated project 'Housing for All by 2022', which is expected to immensely drive the low-cost residential construction segment in the country, throughout the forecast period.
- All the aforementioned factors are likely to augment the market over the forecast period.
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Region
- China is the largest consumer of water-born latex paints market in Asia-pacific. Latex-based waterborne coatings makeup approximately 80 percent of demand in the market and are being widely used in architectural applications, where consumers are willing to pay a premium for less toxic paints, and the automotive sector, which is traditionally a key user of latex-based paints demand in the region.
- The Chinese government is stepping up its restrictions on coatings with a high volatile organic compound (VOC) content. Such stringent regulations are boosting the consumption of water-borne latex paints market.
- Currently, China is majorly focusing on increasing the production and sale of electric vehicles in the country. For this purpose, the country has planned to increase the production of electric vehicles (EVs) to 2 million a year by 2020, and 7 million a year by 2025. The target, if achieved, is expected to increase the share of electric vehicles to 20% of total new car production for China, by 2025. This is further likely to increase the production of vehicles in the country, in the coming years.
- Hence, with the anticipated increase in the production of electric vehicles in the country, the demand for water-borne latex paints is also expected to increase in the transportation industry, during the forecast period.
- Under China's 13th Five Year Plan, there are numerous airport construction projects that are either in the development or planning stage. These include Beijing Capital International Airport, Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport, Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, etc.
- Hence, all such market trends in the country are likely to drive the demand for water-borne latex paints, during the forecast period.
The water-borne latex paints market is consolidated. The major players include AkzoNobel N.V, BASF SE, PPG Industries Inc, The Sherwin-Williams Company, Arkema Group, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations to Control VOC Emissions
- 4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Building and Construction
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Longer Curing Time
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 End-User Industry
- 5.1.1 Construction
- 184.108.40.206 Residential
- 220.127.116.11 Commercial
- 5.1.2 Transportation
- 5.1.3 Industrial
- 5.1.4 Other End-user Industries
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.2.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.2.4 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 AkzoNobel N.V
- 6.4.2 Arkema Group
- 6.4.3 Asian Paints Limited
- 6.4.4 BASF SE
- 6.4.5 Benjamin Moore & Co
- 6.4.6 Berger Paints India Limited
- 6.4.7 Dow
- 6.4.8 Masco Corporation
- 6.4.9 Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd
- 6.4.10 PPG Industries Inc.
- 6.4.11 RPM International Inc.
- 6.4.12 The Sherwin-Williams Company
- 6.4.13 Tikkurila OYJ
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS