Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Infection Treatment Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)
|出版商||Mordor Intelligence LLP||商品編碼||922065|
|出版日期||內容資訊||英文 112 Pages
|全球綠色膿菌感染疾病治療市場:成長，趨勢，及預測 Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Infection Treatment Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)|
|出版日期: 2020年01月01日||內容資訊: 英文 112 Pages||
Pseudomonas Aeruginosa is a common encapsulated, Gram-negative, rod-shaped bacterium that can cause disease in humans. P. aeruginosa is a multidrug-resistant pathogen recognized for its ubiquity, its intrinsically advanced antibiotic resistance mechanisms, and its association with serious illnesses including hospital-acquired infections such as ventilator-associated pneumonia and various sepsis syndromes.
The prevalence of Hospital Acquired Infections has increased in recent years. As pseudomonas aeruginosa infection is one of the common infections in a hospital facility, the probability of being diagnosed with Pseudomonas Aeruginosa infection is high. This has led an increase in research and development in understanding P. aeruginosa. As a result, many drugs are in pipeline for the treatment of this infection. These factors have helped the growth of the market and are expected to help in the future as well.
However, as stated earlier, P. aeruginosa shows the ability of drug resistance. As a result, many drug developers, who have limited funds are dissuaded from the market. This factor has been hindering the market growth.
Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Infection Treatment Drugs inhibit the growth of pseudomonas aeruginosa or completely eliminate the bacterium.
In the report, a detailed analysis of the Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Infection Treatment market is provided. The market is evaluated by collating revenues generated across segments, categorized by Treatment, Route of Administration and Geography.
Combination Therapy is Expected to Dominate the Market
Combination therapy for the treatment of P. aeruginosa is administered due to different considerations. First, to cover the known or suspected pathogen while results of identification and susceptibility testing are pending, second, to avoid the emergence of resistance during treatment and third, due to possible synergistic activity resulting in better clinical outcome.
The research was published by Nicole Fosse et al., in PLoS One Journal 2018. During the study period, patients with P. aeruginosa bloodstream infections (BSI) were identified. Combination therapy was administered in 42.8% and the remaining 57.2% were treated with monotherapy. The research concluded that mortality was lower in patients receiving definite combination therapy, as compared to monotherapy and combination therapy showed good results.
Due to the benefits of combination therapy over monotherapy, this market is expected to increase in the forecast period.
North America is Expected to Dominate the Market
As per a report by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2019, approximately 1 of every 25 hospitalized patients in the United States have a hospital-acquired infection (HAI). This ratio translated to nearly 650,000 patients contract one of these infections annually. According to the American Association for the Advancement of Science, proportion of patients with a hospital-acquired infection was 7.9% in 2017, in Canadian Hospitals. As pseudomonas aeruginosa infection is common, the probability of this infection is still prevalent in these countries.
However, the United States (US) and Canada have a developed and well-structured health care system. These systems also encourage research and development. These policies encourage global players to enter the US and Canada. As a result, these countries enjoy the presence of many global market players. As high and increasing demand is met by the presence of global players in the region, the market is further expected to increase.
The majority of the Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Infection Treatment drugs and therapies are being manufactured by the global key players. Market leaders with more funds for research and a better distribution system have established their position in the market. Moreover, Asia-pacific is witnessing the emergence of some small players due to the rise of awareness. This has also helped the market grow.