Product Code: 60916
The Global Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) Market size was estimated at over 180 kilotons in 2020 and the market is projected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. The disruption in the global supply chain has negatively impacted the demand of PTFE. The construction industry was severly impacted owning to the lockdown situation in most of the countries and on the other hand the demand for electronics products such as laptop, mobiles, kitchen appliances and various others has increased, impacting the demand of PTFE during the forecast period.
- Over the short term, the major factors driving the growth of the market studied are the supreme chemical resistance and thermal characteristics, growing demand for non-stick cookware and increasing applications in the electrical and electronics sector.
- On the flip side, the increasing price of PTFE, is likely to hamper the growth of the studied market.
- Chemical & Industrial Processing Industry segment dominated the market and is likely to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
- The growing healthcare applications are further likely to provide opportunities for the studied market during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe. The share-trend is expected to remain the same during the forecast period, where chemical and industrial processing will still dominate the market in terms of volume.
Key Market Trends
Chemical & Industrial Processing Industry Segment to Dominate the Market Demand
- In the chemical and industrial processing industry, PTFE is the material of choice for gaskets, vessel linings, pump interiors, washers, rings, seals, spacers, dip tubes, and well-drilling components. PTFE is unaffected by virtually all acids and caustics and functions in an an extreme environment; thus, it is widely used in this industry.
- Additional usage for the chemical industry includes coatings for heat exchangers, pumps, diaphragms, impellers, tanks, reaction vessels, autoclaves, containers, etc.
- The oil and gas industry is also a major consumer of the PTFE coatings. Oil and gas exploration and recovery demand the harshest of all applications for polymeric materials. The demand for global oil & gas industry declined in the first quarter of 2020 by 2.5 million barrels per day, first time after the global recession in 2009 owing to COVID-19. Due to decline in demand in the first quarter of 2020, the yearly demand of global oil & gas industry was down by 90,000 barrels per day compared to 2019, which impacted the market studied.
- The temperature and pressures, the corrosive chemicals present, and the operational life, which are expected of such materials require the use of premium, high-performance grades.
- Another benefit that it offers to the manufacturing and processing industry is the facilitation of smooth functioning of the machinery, thereby, saving the time required during downtime.
- The growing chemical and industrial processing industry is expected to drive the market for PTFE through the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share with China dominating the market.
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic scenario, China witnessed a GDP grpwht rate of 1.9%, which is expected to grow by 8.2% in 2021. Additionally, many manufacturing companies are moving out of China to other countries, which is expected to impact the growth of the country in coming years.
- However, China is the largest importer of oil and gas. The primary energy consumption in the country is dominated by coal. However, owing to air pollution and environmental concerns, the country is employing policies to increase the share of gas and reduce the share of coal in the total energy mix.
- China's state-owned oil and gas operators, namely, China National Petroleum Corp. (CNPC), China Petrochemical Corp. (Sinopec), and China National Offshore Oil Corp., monopolized the oil and gas market.
- However, the new reforms are expected to make it easier for private companies to invest in the country, which, in turn, is expected to help reduce the monopoly of state-owned companies. The growing investment by the private sector is also expected to improve the oil and gas industry, thus driving the PTFE market in the country.
- Furthermore, the Japanese electrical and electronics industry is one of the world's leading industries. The country is a world leader in the production of video cameras, compact discs, computers, photocopiers, fax machines, cell phones, and various other key computer components.
- Hence, all such market trends are expected to drive the demand for PTFE market during the forecast period.
The global polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) market is partilly consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Dongyue Group, The Chemours Company, 3M, Gujrat Flurochemical Limited, and Daikin Industries, Ltd., amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Supreme Chemical Resistance and Thermal Characteristics
- 4.1.2 Growing Demand for Non-Stick Cookware
- 4.1.3 Increasing Applications in Electrical and Electronics Sector
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Negative Impact of COVID-19
- 4.2.2 Declining Automotive Industry
- 4.2.3 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Production Process Analysis
- 4.6 Price Analysis
- 4.7 Capacity Analysis
- 4.8 Trade Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size by Volume)
- 5.1 Form
- 5.1.1 Granular
- 5.1.2 Powder
- 5.1.3 Dispersion
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Sheet
- 5.2.2 Coatings
- 5.2.3 Pipes
- 5.2.4 Films
- 5.2.5 Other Applications (Tubes, Tapes, Rods, etc.)
- 5.3 End-User Industry
- 5.3.1 Automotive and Transportation
- 5.3.2 Chemical and Industrial Processing
- 5.3.3 Healthcare
- 5.3.4 Construction
- 5.3.5 Cookware
- 5.3.6 Electrical and Electronics
- 5.3.7 Other End-user Industries
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 ASEAN Countries
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Spain
- 220.127.116.11 Russia
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 AGC Inc.
- 6.4.2 Aidmer (JiangXi Aidmer Seal & Packing Co. Ltd)
- 6.4.3 BEMU Fluorkunststoffe GmbH
- 6.4.4 3M
- 6.4.5 Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited
- 6.4.6 HaloPolymer
- 6.4.7 Hindustan Fluorocarbons Ltd
- 6.4.8 Jiangsu Meilan Chemical Co. Ltd
- 6.4.9 KWO Dichtungstechnik GmbH
- 6.4.10 Dongyue Group
- 6.4.11 Shanghai 3F New Materials Co. Ltd
- 6.4.12 Solvay
- 6.4.13 The Chemours Company
- 6.4.14 Zhonghao Chenguang Research Institute of Chemical Industry
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Advancements in Surface Activation Methodologies of PTFE