Product Code: 66953
The hospitality property management (PMS) software market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.85% over the forecast period (2021-2026). The PMS software helps the hotel effectively manage, organize, and schedule their mundane activities, including front office workflow, guest check-in & checkout, assigning rooms to guests, delegating housekeeping tasks and billing, etc. In short, PMS automates and streamlines the operations to save working hours and offer a better experience to guests.
- The hospitality industry is witnessing growth from technology disruption due to increasing online travel agencies and hotel aggregators. These companies are rapidly adopting cloud-based solutions like PMS and other SaaS platforms to scale their growths in the industry. The rise in the number of SME hotels, especially in emerging markets like Asia-pacific, is driving the deployment of the property management software market.
- Additionally, the hotels are increasingly concentrating on optimizing their operations to reduce lead time. As these solutions are inexpensive, the adoption rate has increased in recent years. These companies in the industry also emphasize analytics of their serviceability to gain more insights that enable scope for improvement in their operations.
- However, due to multiple challenges for integrating PMS into existing infrastructure, the adoption has been limited to an extent in the hospitality industry, with large businesses adopting it for improved productivity and efficiency in managing multiple units.
Key Market Trends
Upcoming hotel construction pipelines in Europe is expected to drive the market
- By the end of the third quarter of 2021, the European hotel construction pipeline is estimated to be in 1,814 projects and 295,719 rooms. The year-on-year rate (YOY) has hardly changed.
- Like the rest of the world, the European hotel industry faces the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Nevertheless, travel activity has recovered in recent months. It is a positive and welcome step towards a recovery in the industry.
- Successful vaccination programs across the region have played a key role in relaxing immigration requirements and increasing traveling abroad to European countries. Containment efforts will continue to play an essential role in the path to regional recovery until more countries reopen their borders and projects in the initial plan cross the pipeline and open.
- With 271 projects / 40,192 rooms, Accor leads a European franchise with the most significant pipeline by the project. Following Accor is Marriott International, which has 207 projects / 33,932 rooms. Next is Hilton Worldwide, with 203 projects / 31,650 rooms, followed by Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) with 145 projects / 22,012 rooms. These four companies make up 46% of the total hotel construction pipeline in Europe.
European Market is Expected to Witness the Fastest Growth
- UNTWO has stated that international travel is accelerated significantly due to an increase in inbound tourist arrivals. It has reached to USD 1.4 billion in 2018. In the European region, there has been immense rapid growth in the hospitality industry owing to the expansion of branded hotels and the broader landscape of the industry. According to Lodging Econometrics, Total construction pipeline in Europe increased to 1,569 hotels, with an increase 19% increase year-on-year and reached the highest number of hotels ever recorded.
- Luxury hotels in Europe are looking forward to partner with PMS providers to deploy solutions in order to offer improved customer services. For instance, recently, Hastings Hotels from Ireland partnered with Agilysis Inc., to deploy its Visual One PMS solution to achieve accuracy in managing inventory, as well as saving valuable staff time in delivering enhanced guest experience.
The market for hospitality property management software is consolidated due to the presence of a few companies dominating the market. Also, these companies are extensively investing in offering customized solutions to customers. Moreover, the startups in the market are attracting fundings from investors. Further new entrants in the market are expected to drive fragmentation. Some of the recent developments by the companies are listed below.
- April 2021 - OTA Insight announced its partnership as a preferred business intelligence provider to the Leading Hotels of the World (LHW). OTA Insight will expand its collaboration with LHW to offer members a tech stack of business intelligence solutions. These revenue and distribution solutions include Market Insight, Revenue Insight, and Rate Insight. This allows members to make more innovative revenue and distribution decisions that drive business growth when they need it most.
- July 2021 - OTA Insight announced the launch of three innovative new features that have been developed to empower hoteliers to navigate the recovery period better and beyond. These new features, paired with the interactive map data project, have been designed to tackle unique challenges the pandemic has presented to hoteliers, all combining to equip hoteliers with a more comprehensive and effective strategy to tackle recovery and beyond.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Growing Adoption from Small and Medium-scale Hotels
- 4.2.2 Stronger emphasis on business optimization and Customer Retention to Drive Growth in New Markets
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Integration Challenges with Existing Solutions
- 4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Deployment
- 5.1.1 On-Premise
- 5.1.2 Cloud
- 5.2 Hotel Size
- 5.2.1 Small and Medium-scale
- 5.2.2 Large Scale
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia Pacific
- 5.3.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Micros Systems. Inc. (Oracle)
- 6.1.2 Agilsys, Inc.
- 6.1.3 Infor Inc.
- 6.1.4 Cenium AS
- 6.1.5 Realpage, Inc.
- 6.1.6 FCS Computer Systems
- 6.1.7 Hoteliga International S.p. z.o.o
- 6.1.8 Console Group
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS