Product Code: 66959
The market for anti-static oils is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period. The major factors driving the growth of the market studied are the expanding textile industry in Asia-Pacific countries and the growing adoption of bio-based and synthetic lubricants.
- The US-China trade war's negative impact on the Chinese textile and clothing imports to the United States is going to act as a hindrance to the consumption growth of the product.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global anti-static oils market, with approximately 50% of the global share.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Weaving
- Weaving is the production process for fabric, by interlacing two sets of yarns, so that they cross each other, normally at right angles, usually accomplished with a hand- or power-operated loom. A power-operated loom is a machinery used to weave cloth and tapestry. The basic purpose of the machinery is to hold the warp threads under tension to facilitate the interweaving of the weft threads.
- Woven fabrics are made of many threads woven on a warp and a weft. Weaving is generally a repetition of three basic actions, also called the primary motions of the loom.
- Shedding, where the warp threads are separated by raising or lowering healed frames to form a clear space where the pick can pass.
- Picking, where the weft or pick is propelled across the loom by hand, an air-jet, a rapier, or a shuttle.
- Beating-up or battening, where the weft is pushed up against the fell of the cloth by the reed.
- Anti-static oil is used in power-operated looms. Anti-static oil is applied to yarn on looms, in order to lubricate and smoothen the hairiness of yarn and eliminate static electricity during textile production, by reducing yarn-to-yarn and yarn-to-metal friction, for higher loom efficiency.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global market owing to the increasing demand from countries such as China, India, and Vietnam.
- China is the largest textile producing and exporting country in the world. With its rapid growth over the last two decades, the Chinese textile industry has become one of the main pillars of the country's economy and contributes ~7% to China's GDP.
- The Indian textiles and apparels (T&A) industry account for approximately 4% of the global T&A market. The T&A industry is one of the largest and the most important sectors for the Indian economy in terms of output, foreign exchange earnings, and employment. The industry contributes approximately 7% to industrial output in value terms, 2% to the GDP, and 15% to the country's export earnings.
- India's weaving/knitting sector is highly unorganized, with the organized sector contributing to just 5% of the total production. There are about 3.9 million handlooms and 1.8 million power looms in India. Handlooms cater to both ends of the value chain, i.e. mass consumption as well as specialty use.
- All the aforementioned factors, in turn, are expected to increase the demand for anti-static oil consumption in the region during the forecast period.
The global anti-static oil market is partially fragmented, with the top four players accounting for a consolidated share of approximately 40% of the market. major players in the market include Transfar Chemicals, Panama Petrochem Ltd, Witsmans Group, and Hansen & Rosenthal Group, among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Application
- 5.1.1 Knitting
- 5.1.2 Weaving
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 ASEAN Countries
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.2 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Mexico
- 5.2.3 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 Spain
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Turkey
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of the Europe
- 5.2.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Egypt
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Ranking Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Hansen & Rosenthal Group
- 6.4.2 Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- 6.4.3 Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- 6.4.4 Panama Petrochem Ltd
- 6.4.5 Ricci SpA
- 6.4.6 Takemoto Oil & Fat Co. Ltd
- 6.4.7 Total SA
- 6.4.8 Transfar Chemicals
- 6.4.9 Unicon Fibro Chemicals Pvt Ltd
- 6.4.10 Witmans Group
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS