Product Code: 67327
The engineering services market is expected to register a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period, 2020-2025.
- According to Consumer Technology Association, smart city spending globally would reach USD 35.35 billion from USD 14.85 billion in 2015. Engineering services firms are critical enablers of this global vision as they are upgrading infrastructure to incorporate sensing technology and data analytics that could improve the lives of the people. Thus, the new investments for industry expansion and massive infrastructure investments in countries such as India, Indonesia, and China are now fuelling the growth of engineering and design services.
- Moreover, another factor driving the market is the digitization which has triggered organizations to demand advanced IT solutions such as engineering analytics, internet of things (IoT), and artificial intelligence (AI) to gain an edge over their competitors and maintain the momentum of the company. This is the result of the increasing penetration of industrial IoT in several industry verticals, with this the demand for engineering services sees an exponential growth for managing the complex connected infrastructure.
- However, on the flip, investment in infrastructure projects remains slow due to political problems and lack of skilled professionals, which results in delaying the projects as a whole.
Scope of the Report
The engineering services disciplines consist of civil, electrical, mechanical, and piping, and structural engineering. The report gives a detailed analysis of how the different industries such as aerospace and defense, electric power generation, Oil and Gas refineries, etc. are benefitted by the engineering services providers. Various services, such as product engineering, process automation, and asset management, are also taken into consideration in the report. Based on geography, North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa are discussed in the report.
Key Market Trends
Civil Engineering Services is Expected to Register a Significant Growth
- Rising demand for environment-friendly buildings coupled with government initiatives to revamp the country's depleted infrastructure and increasing public and private sector investments in residential, commercial, healthcare, and educational infrastructure construction projects globally are providing civil engineering market to expand exponentially.
- For instance, in February 2018, White House released "Legislative Outline for Rebuilding Infrastructure in America," which aims to increase investment in US infrastructure and accelerate the delivery of significant projects. The White House would provide USD 200 billion to spur a projected USD 1.5 trillion in new infrastructure investment in the next ten years.
- Moreover, another factor driving the market share is the rising prominence of robots in the construction industry for taking up monotonous tasks that enhance worker safety, which helps in increasing the overall productivity, thus boosts the industry share.
- For example, a Canadian based Novarc Technologies robotics company demonstrated its Spool Welding Robot (SWR). This robot would help in pipe welding applications that would solve the industrial automation problems. These robots would lower the cost of welding, thereby would have a positive outlook on the market.
- Further, in the future, it is expected that engineering firms would augment their portfolios with digital and connected technology assets to capture a larger share of this market.
Asia- Pacific to Witness Fastest Growth
- The Asia-Pacific region is being dominated by two highly populated country i.e., India and China. China is making significant infrastructural investments to expand 163,000 kilometers for gas, 37,000 for crude, and 40,000 for oil products. The new 40,000 km new gas pipeline that is expected to connect 470 million new people by 2025. Such investments provide opportunities for engineering services to spur in the region, considering the functional benefits that the engineering services can provide.
- Moreover, with levels of urbanization to reach 50 %in APAC by 2020, there will be increased consumption of products and services, encouraging various industries to develop their facilities and offices in these economies. Hence, this would provide an ample opportunity for the engineering services market to increase its footprint in the region.
- Additionally, governments are investing in the aviation industry, intending to boost global trade in the country is further driving the market. For instance, India is planning to open 100 additional airports by 2024, which would include the starting of 1,000 new routes connecting smaller towns and villages in the country. Therefore, such development activities would increase infrastructure construction in the region, thereby positively impacting the engineering services market.
The engineering services market is very competitive in nature because of the presence of many global players such as AECOM, Bechtel Corporation, and Kiewit Corporation, and many others. A significant trend of mergers and alliances of various global engineering firms has been seen over the past decade to increase foothold the market. Global players in the market are more acquisitive and look to acquire smaller players, which creates a barrier for new entrants. Few recent developments in the market are:
- October 2019 - Balfour Beatty partnered with North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) to improve traffic on a 5.1-mile stretch of U.S. 70 in James City in Craven County. The project is designed to improve access to local community services and enhance economic development in the area. The work is expected to be completed in 2023.
- October 2019 - AECOM announced that they had secured a multi-million-pound contract with Heathrow Airport as lead designer for its Future Terminal 2 (T2) Programme. Under this 8-year contract, AECOM would design and deliver project management services for a new baggage handling system and infrastructure to support the expected growth in passenger numbers at T2. This project is expected to result in providing timely and efficient baggage handling, by enhancing the passenger experience and expanding capacity for future transactions.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Evolution of Industrial IoT
- 4.3.2 Increasing Renovation Activities
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Political Problems and Lack of Skilled Professionals
- 4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Engineering Disciplines
- 5.1.1 Civil
- 5.1.2 Mechanical
- 5.1.3 Electrical
- 5.1.4 Piping and Structural Engineering
- 5.2 By Delivery Model
- 5.2.1 Offshore
- 5.2.2 Onsite
- 5.3 By Services
- 5.3.1 Product Engineering
- 5.3.2 Process Engineering
- 5.3.3 Automation Related Services
- 5.3.4 Asset Management Related Services
- 5.4 By Industries
- 5.4.1 Aerospace and Defense
- 5.4.2 Automotive
- 5.4.3 Chemical and Petrochemical
- 5.4.4 Electric Power Generation
- 5.4.5 Municipal Utility Projects
- 5.4.6 Mining
- 5.4.7 Oil and Gas
- 5.4.8 Pharmaceuticals
- 5.4.9 Transportation
- 5.4.10 Telecommunications
- 5.4.11 Nuclear Projects
- 5.4.12 Other Industries ( Electronics and Electricals, Semiconductors, and Machinery)
- 5.5 Geography
- 5.5.1 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
- 5.5.2 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Spain
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.5.3 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.5.4 Latin America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
- 5.5.5 Middle East and Africa
- 220.127.116.11 UAE
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 AECOM Engineering company
- 6.1.2 Bechtel Corporation
- 6.1.3 Kiewit Corporation
- 6.1.4 WSP Global Inc
- 6.1.5 STRABAG SE
- 6.1.6 NV5 Global
- 6.1.7 Barton Malow
- 6.1.8 Gilbane Building Company
- 6.1.9 Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated
- 6.1.10 Balfour Beatty US
- 6.1.11 Brasfield & Gorrie, LLC
- 6.1.12 New York Engineers
- 6.1.13 Trylon Engineering Pty Ltd
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS