Product Code: 61368
The global convertible roof system market is anticipated to register a CAGR of about 7.60% during the forecast period (2019 - 2024).
- A convertible roof system is used in luxury and semi-luxury vehicles, which can be controlled with or without a roof in the vehicle. This system allows an open-air driving experience with the ability to provide a roof when necessary.
- Over the past three years (2016-2018), the automotive industry continues to see the penetration of convertible roof systems in various car models, such as in hatchbacks, SUVs, sedans, etc. During the forecast period, a convertible roof system in SUVs is likely to see considerable growth, a few automakers planning to sell their SUV models with convertible roof features across various countries. However, the few developing countries, like India, South Africa, etc., will continue to see slow growth, due to the following reasons, such as convertible roof system are chassis shudder, high price associations, leaks, faster aging of the interior, and security issues.
- The rising demand for premium vehicles is majorly driving the demand for convertible roof systems. Furthermore, advancement in material technology and growing preferences of consumer for convertible roof systems in developing nations are further boosting the demand for convertible roof systems. Additionally, an increase in the population of young consumers is also a major factor, propelling the growth of the market.
Scope of the Report
The global convertible roof system market has been segmented by roof system components, rooftop type, vehicle type, and geography.
Key Market Trends
Auto Manufacturers Increasing Investments in Convertible Roof Systems
There have been consistent evaluations and innovations in the market studied, undertaken with the aim of improving ease and comfort. For instance, BMW is one of the major luxury car makers that has launched its i8 Roadster, the latest plug-in-hybrid convertible sports car.
Webasto is one of the major players in the convertible roof system market. The company is expanding its convertible roof business by opening a new plant in Mexico. The Mexican plant is an important textile competence center for Webasto's convertible business unit. Presently, the company is manufacturing the soft top for the VW Beetle, and the aftermarket roof for the Jeep ThrowBack, as well as all textile components for the North American market.
The convertible roof system market is dominated by sedan, followed by Hatchback. However, the convertible roof system in SUVs is garnering interest among people, currently. For instance; Land Rover expects the convertible to hold approximately 15% of the Evoque's global volume, which is nearly 20,000 units. The convertible will be sold in 170 countries. Land Rover expects the United Kingdom, Germany, and the United States to be the best markets for the car.
Geographical Analysis of Convertible Roof System Market
The convertible market is expected to grow over the forecast period. This system is majorly used in luxury vehicles and the demand for luxury vehicles is high in countries, such as the United States, Canada, France, the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, and some countries of the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. The United States is one of the largest automotive markets in the world and is home to over 13 major auto manufacturers.
- With an average of 8 million passenger vehicle production units per annum and growing consumer popularity for luxury and premium cars, prospects for the convertible roof industry in the country are high. The convertible roof system industry is highly dependent on the sales of luxury and premium cars, which are, in turn, dependent on per capita income levels.
Additionally, China and Germany are the major hubs for technological advancement in automotive, leading to the significant expansion of the luxury vehicles market.
Currently, Europe accounted for the most significant market share, by value and volume, of the convertible roof system market. The Asia-Pacific region is projected to register a high CAGR during the forecast period. Emerging economies, such as China and India, are expected to play a significant role in increasing vehicle production. Also, the rising installation of convertible roof systems in vehicles, such as sedans/hatchbacks and SUVs, is driving the market in Asia-Pacific.
The convertible roof system is majorly dominated by Webasto, Magna International, Valmet Automotive, Aisin Seiki, Continental AG and among others. The companies are expanding their business by launching new products and by acquiring new business. For instance,
- Webasto is now focusing on movable roof systems for the marine market segment. Innovation and technological leadership, increasing its product portfolio, and using new materials, have been at the forefront of the company's business strategies.
- Webasto invested USD 8.96 million in establishing a new plant at Baoding, China, in order to increase its sunroof production capacity, to cater to the demand for sunroofs, especially panorama roofs, more efficiently in the market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Drivers
- 4.2 Market Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Roof System Components Type
- 5.1.1 Roof Material
- 184.108.40.206 Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- 220.127.116.11 Carbon Fiber
- 18.104.22.168 Other Materials
- 5.1.2 Roof Drive System (Motors)
- 5.1.3 Other Roof System Components (Supporting Frames, etc.)
- 5.2 By Roof Top Type
- 5.2.1 Hard top
- 5.2.2 Soft top
- 5.3 By Vehicle Type
- 5.3.1 Hatchback
- 5.3.2 SUV
- 5.3.3 Sedan
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Spain
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 Australia
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Rest of the World
- 22.214.171.124 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Vendor Market Share**
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 Webasto Group
- 6.2.2 Magna International
- 6.2.3 Valmet Automotive
- 6.2.4 Haartz Corporation
- 6.2.5 Continental AG
- 6.2.6 Hoerbiger Holding
- 6.2.7 U-Shin Ltd
- 6.2.8 Gahh Automotive
- 6.2.9 Aisin Seiki
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS