Product Code: 62216
The market for cling films is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period of 2019-2024. One of the major factors driving the market studied is the increasing demand for hygienic food packaging. However, low resistance to extreme weather conditionsis is likely to restrain the market growth.
- Increasing preference for packaged food is also likely to boost the demand during the forecast period.
- Application of bio-based cling films for sustainable food packaging is likely to act as an opportunity for the market growth in future.
- North America dominated the market in 2018. However, Asia-Pacific is likely to witness the growth rate during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Cast Cling Films to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
- Cast cling films are made up of a continuous melting procedure of thermoplastics.
- They offer high levels of tear resistance and clarity.
- Additionally, cast clings cost much less than other cling films like blown cling films.
- Blown cling films are manufactured through blow extrusion process and are tougher, more resilient, and can take higher loads as compared to cast cling film.
- However, blown cling films have poor quality and are costlier due to which there is more preference for cast cling films.
- Hence, owing to the aforementioned reasons, cast cling films are likely to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
- Asia-Pacific is likely to witness the highest growth demand for cling films owing ot their increasing usage in food packaging sector of emerging economies, including China, India, and Indonesia.
- China is likely to lead Asia-Pacific in terms of demand for cling films. With the growing trend of packaged food products, there has been a significant increase in the demand for cling films in the country.
- They are majorly required for the packaging of fruits, vegetables, sandwiches, and raw meat, since the film helps in preservation of food and prevention of contaminants.
- The demand for cling films also witnessed a rapid growth from the healthcare sector. With the increasing investments in the healthcare, the market for cling films in the country is likely to be benefitted in the coming years.
- Therefore, considering the aforementioned factors, Asia-Pacific is likely to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast.
The market for cling films is highly competitive, with the top players accounting for a major chunk of the total market in 2018. Berry Global Inc., AEP Industries Inc., Anchor Packaging, Intertape Polymer Group Inc., and 3M, are some of the leading players in the global cling films market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Hygienic Food Packaging
- 4.1.2 increasing Preference for Packaged Food
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Low Resistance to Extreme Weather Conditions
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Material Type
- 5.1.1 Polyethylene
- 220.127.116.11 LDPE
- 18.104.22.168 LLDPE
- 22.214.171.124 HDPE
- 5.1.2 Biaxially Oriented PolyPropylene
- 5.1.3 PVC
- 5.1.4 PVDC
- 5.1.5 Others
- 5.2 Form
- 5.2.1 Cast Cling Film
- 5.2.2 Blow Cling Film
- 5.3 Thickness
- 5.3.1 Up To 9 Microns
- 5.3.2 9-12 Microns
- 5.3.3 Above 12 Microns
- 5.4 End-user Industry
- 5.4.1 Food
- 5.4.2 Healthcare
- 5.4.3 Consumer Goods
- 5.4.4 Industrial
- 5.4.5 Others
- 5.5 Geography
- 5.5.1 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 ASEAN Countries
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.5.2 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 5.5.3 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of the Europe
- 5.5.4 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
- 5.5.5 Middle East & Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Adex-Cling
- 6.4.2 Anchor Packaging
- 6.4.3 Benkai Co. Ltd
- 6.4.4 Berry Global Inc.
- 6.4.5 BFG Packaging
- 6.4.6 CeDo Ltd
- 6.4.7 Fine Vantage Limited
- 6.4.8 Gruppo Fabbri Vignola SpA
- 6.4.9 Harwal Group of Companies (Cosmoplast)
- 6.4.10 Intertape Polymer Group Inc.
- 6.4.11 ITS BV
- 6.4.12 Kalan PA
- 6.4.13 Linpac Packaging Limited
- 6.4.14 Manuli Stretch SpA
- 6.4.15 Molco GmbH
- 6.4.16 Multi Wrap (Pty) Ltd
- 6.4.17 Pragya Flexifilm Industries
- 6.4.18 Rotofresh Rotochef S.R.L.
- 6.4.19 DowDuPont Inc.
- 6.4.20 AEP Industries Inc.
- 6.4.21 Wrapex Ltd
- 6.4.22 3M
- 6.4.23 Nan Ya Plastics Corporation
- 6.4.24 AL Ismail Plastic Factory
- 6.4.25 ENPI Group
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Application of Bio-Based Cling Films for Sustainable Food Packaging