Product Code: 61276
The market for high-performance films is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period of 2019-2024. One of the major factors driving the market studied is the increasing demand for flexible printed circuits. However, high cost of fluoropolymers is likely to restrain the market.
- Growing solar PV industry is also likely to boost the demand for high performance films during the forecast period.
- New technology for development of Piezoelectric Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) films is likely to act as an opportunity for the market growth in future.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market owing to the increasing production of electronic devices in countries like China and India.
Key Market Trends
Fluoropolymer Film Type to Dominate the Market
- In 2018, fluoropolymer film type dominated the high-performance films market, accounting for more than half of the total market share.
- The high precipitation capability of fluoropolymer films makes it suitable to be used as a raw material for the production of semiconductors, automotive and electronic.
- It is also used in the production of solar PV modules. The increasing deployment and expansion of solar photovoltaic (PV) modules across the world is also likely to propel the demand of fluoropolymer films during the forecast period.
- They are mainly used in two special fields of application: firstly, as a coating material in the textile architecture, where the origins of the design lie in tent construction, and secondly in transparent or translucent ETFE film constructions, for example in the form of roof and wall structures made from segmented air cushions.
- ETFE offers several advantages over glass in this application, including having strong resistance to hail and breakage, as well as being lighter.
- Hence, owing to the aforementioned reasons, fluoropolymer film type is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- In 2018, Asia-Pacific witnessed the largest share in the high-performance films market.
- The region is the most attractive market for high-performance films owing to the mass production of electronics devices in China and India.
- More than 50% of the PCBs across the world are manufactured in China, owing to the production of circuit boards at a very low cost.
- The electronics manufacturing industry is constantly moving to China as a result of low cost and increasing demand of electronics products, which is likely to stimulate the demand of high-performance films in the region.
- Additionally, the presence of large number of raw material suppliers in the region is also boosting the regional growth.
- Hence, owing to the aforementioned reasons, Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the market during the forcast period.
The global market for high-performance films market is a fragmented market, as there are numerous players in the market. Key players in the high-performance films market include Eastman Chemical Company, DowDuPont, 3M, Daikin Industries Ltd, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Flexible Printed Circuits
- 4.1.2 Growing Solar PV Industry Leading to Significant Demand for High-performance Films
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 High Cost of Fluoropolymers
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product Type
- 5.1.1 Fluoropolymer
- 5.1.2 Polyimide
- 5.1.3 Polyethylene Naphthalate
- 5.1.4 Others (Cyclo-olefin copolymer/polymer, etc.)
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Electronics
- 5.2.2 Healthcare
- 5.2.3 Construction
- 5.2.4 Automotive & Aerospace
- 5.2.5 Energy
- 5.2.6 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 22.214.171.124 China
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 ASEAN Countries
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of the Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Dr. Dietrich Muller GmbH
- 6.4.2 Eastman Chemical Company
- 6.4.3 SMP Corporation
- 6.4.4 Chukoh Chemical Industries Ltd
- 6.4.5 Emco Industrial Plastics
- 6.4.6 DowDuPont
- 6.4.7 The Chemours Company
- 6.4.8 3M
- 6.4.9 Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
- 6.4.10 Daikin Industries Ltd
- 6.4.11 Arakawa Chemical Industries Ltd
- 6.4.12 TAIMIDE Tech Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 New Technology for Development of Piezoelectric Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) Films