Product Code: 61276
The market for high-performance films is expected to register a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market studied is the increasing demand for flexible printed circuits. However, the high cost of fluoropolymers is likely to restrain the market.
- Growing solar PV industry is also likely to boost the demand for high-performance films, during the forecast period.
- New technology for the development of piezoelectric polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) films is likely to act as an opportunity for the market growth in the future.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market, owing to the increasing production of electronic devices in countries like China and India.
Key Market Trends
Fluoropolymer Films to Dominate the Market
- Fluoropolymer films dominated the high-performance films market, which is accounting for more than half of the total market share.
- The high precipitation capability of fluoropolymer films makes it suitable to be used as a raw material for the production of semiconductors, automotive, and electronic.
- It is also used in the production of solar PV modules. The increasing deployment and expansion of solar photovoltaic (PV) modules across the world are also likely to propel the demand of fluoropolymer films, during the forecast period.
- They are mainly used in two special fields of application: firstly, as a coating material in the textile architecture, where the origins of the design lie in tent construction, and secondly in transparent or translucent ETFE film constructions, for example in the form of roof and wall structures made from segmented air cushions.
- ETFE offers several advantages over glass in this application, including having strong resistance to hail and breakage, as well as being lighter.
- Hence, owing to the aforementioned factors, the fluoropolymer film type is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific witnessed the largest share in the high-performance films market.
- The region is the most attractive market for high-performance films, owing to the mass production of electronics devices.
- The Indian electronics market is one of the fastest-growing in the world, owing to the recent government policies like 'Make in India' and 'Smart Cities', the PCB market in India is expected to grow during the forecast period.
- In India, the increasing capital investments in the electronics sector are augmenting the market's growth in the country. The vibrant growth in the PCB market is also due to the demand for tablets and smartphones in the IT and consumer electronics sectors.
- This is likely to stimulate the demand for high-performance films in the region.
- Additionally, the presence of a large number of raw material suppliers in the region is also boosting regional growth.
- Hence, owing to the aforementioned factors, Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
The high-performance films market is a fragmented market, as there are numerous players in the market. Key players in the high-performance films market include Eastman Chemical Company, DuPont de Nemours, Inc, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, 3M, Daikin Industries Ltd, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Flexible Printed Circuits
- 4.1.2 Growing Solar PV Industry Leading to Significant Demand for High-performance Films
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 High Cost of Fluoropolymers
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product Type
- 5.1.1 Fluoropolymer
- 5.1.2 Polyimide
- 5.1.3 Polyethylene Naphthalate
- 5.1.4 Other Product Types (Cyclo-olefin copolymer/polymer, etc.)
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Electronics
- 5.2.2 Healthcare
- 5.2.3 Construction
- 5.2.4 Automotive and Aerospace
- 5.2.5 Energy
- 5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 ASEAN Countries
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of the Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Dr. Dietrich Muller GmbH
- 6.4.2 Eastman Chemical Company
- 6.4.3 SMP Corporation
- 6.4.4 Chukoh Chemical Industries Ltd
- 6.4.5 Emco Industrial Plastics
- 6.4.6 DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- 6.4.7 The Chemours Company
- 6.4.8 3M
- 6.4.9 Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
- 6.4.10 Daikin Industries Ltd
- 6.4.11 Arakawa Chemical Industries Ltd
- 6.4.12 TAIMIDE Tech Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 New Technology for Development of Piezoelectric Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) Films