Product Code: 64249
The market for bio-based adhesives & sealants is expected to grow at a CAGR of above 4.5% during the forecast period of 2019 - 2024. Major factors driving the market studied are increasing demand from the packaging sector and stringent regulations for conventional adhesives in the United States. On the flip side, low shelf life, lower water-resistance, and performance-related concerns related to bio-based adhesives & sealants are expected to hinder the growth of the studied market.
- Soy segment dominated the market in 2018 and is expected to grow during the forecast period, owing to its increasing demand as an alternative for urea formaldehyde and phenol-based adhesives.
- Growing residential construction in Asia-Pacific and increasing modular construction activities are likely to provide opportunities for the studied market during the forecast period.
- Europe dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from the countries such as Germany, France, and Italy.
Key Market Trends
Paper, Board & Packaging Segment to Dominate the Demand
- An extremely high proportion of all industrial products are sold in packaging, either due to stability requirements for storage and transport or for aesthetic reasons.
- Most of the packaging materials currently being used are made from the combination of different materials laminated together, with the help of adhesives.
- Applications of bio-based adhesives range from corrugated box construction and lamination of printed sheets to packaging materials used for all types of consumer products.
- The improvement in living standards and higher purchasing incomes, especially in eastern European countries and North American countries, have increased the demand for a broad range of products, all of which require packaging. Therefore, the demand for packaging has, in turn, increased the consumption of bio-based adhesives.
- The biggest market for bio-based adhesives in the global scenario has been the paper, board and packaging segment, and packaging segment even represents the fastest growing end-user segment.
- Europe is the second-largest market for packaging in the world, after Asia-Pacific.
Europe Region to Dominate the Market
- Europe region dominated the global market share in 2018. The demand for bio-based adhesives & sealants in the region is driven by the stringent environment and health related regulation in the region.
- Germany is the major consumer of bio-based adhesives in the Europe region with many major companies having their presence in the country.
- The increase in the production of bio-succinic acid in Germany has supported the production of bio-based label adhesives based on the bio-succinic acid.
- Besides, in the countries, such as France, Italy, and others, the market demand for bio-based adhesives is driven by the increasing demand from the packaging and construction industry. The awareness among the population about using eco-friendly products further drives the growth of the studied market in the region.
The bio-based adhesives & sealants market is a fragmented market, with numerous players holding small share of market demand. Some of these major players include Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Arkema Group (Bostik SA), H.B. Fuller, 3M, and Paramelt B.V., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand from Packaging Sector
- 4.1.2 Stringent Regulations for Conventional Adhesives in the United States
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Raw Materials
- 5.1.1 Rosin
- 5.1.2 Starch
- 5.1.3 Lignin
- 5.1.4 Soy
- 5.1.5 Others
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Building and Construction
- 5.2.2 Paper, Board, and Packaging
- 5.2.3 Healthcare
- 5.2.4 Personal Care
- 5.2.5 Woodworking and Joinery
- 5.2.6 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M Company
- 6.4.2 Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
- 6.4.3 Artimelt AG
- 6.4.4 Ashland Inc.
- 6.4.5 DowDuPont Inc.
- 6.4.6 H.B. Fuller
- 6.4.7 Henkel AG & Company KGaA
- 6.4.8 Huntsman International LLC
- 6.4.9 Ingredion Incorporated
- 6.4.10 Mapei S.p.A.
- 6.4.11 Master Bond Inc.
- 6.4.12 Paramelt B.V.
- 6.4.13 Sika AG
- 6.4.14 Solenis
- 6.4.15 Emsland Group
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Growth in Residential Construction in Asia-Pacific
- 7.2 Growing Modular Construction Activities