Product Code: 66076
The market for sulfur hexafluoride is anticipated to register a CAGR over 5% during the forecast period 2019 - 2024.
- Growing demand for electricity in developing countries is expected to drive the demand for sulfur hexafluoride during the forecast period.
- Environmental impacts such as increasing global warming and pollution are likely to hinder the market's growth.
- Adoption of HVDC transmission in developing nations is projected to act as an opportunity for the market in the future.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage in Electrical Applications
- The second biggest application of sulfur hexafluoride is as a dielectric medium in switchgear, capacitors, circuit breakers, and other electric appliances.
- Sulfur hexafluoride is suitable for operating in a range of 33 KV to 800 KV, which makes it an ideal dielectric medium for circuit breakers. A large number of appliances with varied operating conditions and operating ranges can be made with the help of sulfur hexafluoride.
- The demand for electricity has been steadily increasing in the developing nations due to economic development and increasing living standards of the people of developing nations. One of the major reasons for this is the increasing demand for mobile, television and other household appliances.
- The adoption of HVDC transmission in some of the developing nations can further increase the demand for sulfur hexafluoride, as it is useful in the manufacture of high voltage transmission systems and equipment.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the demand for the sulfur hexafluoride during the forecast period.
Europe to Grow at a Slower Rate
- The European region is about to experience growth at a slower rate than other regions with major developing nations in 2018.
- In Europe, the largest application for sulfur hexafluoride is medical applications. Germany is the largest market for medical devices in Europe.
- Italy is Europe's fourth largest market for medical devices after Germany, France, and the UK with market size of USD 9,061 million in 2016 and is projected to grow at CAGR of 2 % between 2017-2020.
- The usage of sulfur hexafluoride in metal manufacturing is declining owing to the stringent regulations of the governments of developed nations in Europe.
- The sulfur hexafluoride in the European region is anticipated to register the slower growth during the forecast period.
The sulfur hexafluoride market is partially fragmented. Key players in the sulfur hexafluoride market include Solvay, The Linde Group, Showa Denko K.K., Concorde Specialty Gases, Inc. and Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand for Electricity in Developing Countries.
- 4.1.2 Increasing Application in Medical Sector.
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Environmental Impacts
- 4.3 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Application
- 5.1.1 Electronics
- 5.1.2 Metal Manufacturing
- 5.1.3 Medical
- 5.1.4 Others
- 5.2 Product Type
- 5.2.1 Electronic/Technical Grade
- 5.2.2 Ultra High Purity Grade
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia Pacific
- 5.3.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Advanced Specialty Gases.
- 6.4.2 Air Liquide
- 6.4.3 Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- 6.4.4 Chongqing Daan Yingde Speciality Gas Co.,Ltd.
- 6.4.5 Concorde Specialty Gases, Inc.
- 6.4.6 Fujian Yongjing Technology Co., Ltd.
- 6.4.7 Kanto Denka Kogyo Co., Ltd.
- 6.4.8 Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc.
- 6.4.9 Praxair Technology, Inc.
- 6.4.10 Linde
- 6.4.11 SHOWA DENKO K.K.
- 6.4.12 Solvay
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Adoption of HVDC Transmission in Developing Nations.