Product Code: 66074
The market for glass ceramics is anticipated to register a CAGR over 6% during the forecast period. Increasing demand from building and construction is driving the market of glass ceramics globally.
- Building & construction sector is expected to remain the largest application base for glass ceramics over the forecast period.
- Increasing adoption of ceramics in electronics manufacturing processes is projected to act as an opportunity for the market in future.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Building and Construction
- The building and construction sector accounted for the largest share among all the applications, in terms of revenue. Glass Ceramics are primarily used in building and construction for tiles and other fittings.
- The global construction sector is growing rapidly owing to the growth in living standards, population, and urbanization in major developing countries globally.
- The building and construction sector of India is expected to experience the growth at an exceptional CAGR of 15.2% in the period of 2015-2028.
- In various applications, conventional materials are being replaced by glass ceramics owing to their superior technical properties such as heat resistance, light-weightiness, and low cost.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to support the growth of the building and construction sector in the near future. This, in-turn expected to drive the demand for the glass ceramics during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share with the growing demand for building and construction, growing aerospace manufacturing industry and manufacturing operations.
- The growing usage in major developing nations such as India, China, and Indonesia are fueling the demand for glass ceramics in the Asia-Pacific region.
- China's massive construction sector has generated significant demand for the use of ceramic inks. The Chinese government has projected the capital expenditure in construction over 7% higher than the previous year.
- China is the largest market and is also experiencing significant growth in the construction sector. The major construction projects such as the Beijing International Airport of China.
- The Indian government has a vision of making houses for all by 2022. To construct more affordable flats and housing for all, the glass-ceramic is extensively used.
- Hence, with the increasing demand from the various application segments, the glass-ceramics market is expected to grow at a higher rate in the region, during the forecast period.
The glass ceramics market is partially fragmented. The major companies include Saint Gobain, Nippon Electric Glass Co.,Ltd., Kedi Glass-Ceramic Industrial Co. Ltd., Corning Inc. and Schott AG, among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Usage in Aerospace Application
- 4.1.2 Increasing Demand from Building and Construction
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.3 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Material
- 5.1.1 Lithium
- 5.1.2 Magnasium
- 5.1.3 Zinc
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Building and Construction
- 5.2.2 Electrical & Electronics
- 5.2.3 Healthcare
- 5.2.4 Aerospace
- 5.2.5 Optical
- 5.2.6 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United states
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 AGC Inc.
- 6.4.2 CoorsTek Inc.
- 6.4.3 Corning Incorporated
- 6.4.4 Dongguan Hongtai Glass Co., Ltd.
- 6.4.5 Jingniu Glass Ceramics Group Co.,Ltd.
- 6.4.6 Kanger Glass-ceramic Co., Ltd.
- 6.4.7 KEDI Glass-ceramic Industrial Co., Ltd.
- 6.4.8 Morgan Advanced Materials plc
- 6.4.9 Nippon Electric Glass Co.,Ltd.
- 6.4.10 Ohara Corporation
- 6.4.11 Saint-Gobain
- 6.4.12 SCHOTT AG
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing Adoption of Ceramics in Electronics Manufacturing Process