Product Code: 66069
The market for automotive films is anticipated to register a CAGR of around 5% during the forecast period 2016 - 2024. Automotive films are available in various colors and styles, and are engineered to enhance the aesthetics of a vehicle while improving its functionality.
- Increasing concern for safety, security, and privacy, coupled with the increasing demand from the automotive industry majorly in Europe and Asia-Pacific regions are expected to drive the demand for the market during the forecast period.
- Occurrence of technical issues with dyed and metallized films which results in low heat reduction and GPS transmission interference is likely to hinder the market's growth.
- Rising demand of electric vehicles and emerging government regulations in countries such as United States enforcing the usage of automotive films are projected to act as an opportunity for the market in future.
Scope of the Report
The automotive films market report includes:
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Automotive Industry
- Utilization of films in the automotive industry provides an extra measure of protection and sustainability for the car. Their usage also reduces heat and harmful ultraviolet rays thereby providing a safer and a comfortable environment. Additionally, it reduces the impact of windborne debris, seismic tremors and accidental impact thus increasing the safety and security features.
- Automotive films application can be found in both interior and exterior part of a vehicle. Films are applied to the interior of the glass windows to reduce the amount of harmful infrared and ultraviolet radiations entering the window. Films when applied to exterior of the glass windows helps to aid from various forms of damages and dirt.
- In 2018, passenger vehicles dominated the global automotive films market by vehicle type. Growing disposable income, increasing population, and the need to ease the medium of transportation is expected to drive the market for passenger vehicles through the forecast period. According to OICA survey, production of automotive has decreased by more than 1% in 2018 from 2017, however, various countries such as India, Japan, Indonesia, France, Auistria, Russia, United States, Mexico and Iran registered decent to high growth in the production of vehicles.
- All the aforementioned factors, is expected to drive the global market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share in 2018. With automotive production and sales growing in countries such as India, Indonesia, Thailand and Japan, the usage of automotive films is increasing throughout Asia-Pacific region. The market in the region is also anticipated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Automotive production in China dipped throughout 2018, however is expected to to ramain stable through 2019 end. Various automakers are expected to undertake unprecedented investment programs to grow their business not only in China and India, but also in other major Asian markets.
The automotive films market is partially consolidated. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. Key players in the automotive films market include Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Corporation, Garware Suncontrol, Toray Industries Inc., 3M, ADS Window Films Ltd, AllPro Window Films, Eastman Chemical Company, Johnson Window Films, Inc., Nexfil Co, Ltd., LINTEC Corporation among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Concern for Safety, Security, and Privacy
- 4.1.2 Growing demand for Automotive in Asia-Pacific and Europe
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Technical Issues with Dyed and Metallized Automotive Window Films
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Film Type
- 5.1.1 Window Films/Tints
- 126.96.36.199 Dyed Window Tint
- 188.8.131.52 Metallized Window Tint
- 184.108.40.206 Ceramic Window Tint
- 220.127.116.11 Carbon Window Tint
- 18.104.22.168 Others (Hybrid, Crystalline, etc.)
- 5.1.2 Automotive Paint Protection Films
- 5.1.3 Automotive Wrapping Films
- 5.2 Vehicle Type
- 5.2.1 Passenger Vehicles
- 5.2.2 Commercial Vehicles
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 22.214.171.124 China
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle east & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 AllPro Window Films
- 6.4.3 Avery Dennison Israel Ltd. ( Hanita Coatings)
- 6.4.4 Eastman Chemical Company
- 6.4.5 Garware Suncontrol
- 6.4.6 HEXIS S.A.
- 6.4.7 Johnson Window Films, Inc.
- 6.4.8 Nexfil Co, Ltd.
- 6.4.9 Sun Tint
- 6.4.10 Toray Industries, Inc.
- 6.4.11 Aegis
- 6.4.12 ADS Window Films Ltd
- 6.4.13 FilmTack Pte Ltd
- 6.4.14 Global Window Films
- 6.4.15 LINTEC Corporation
- 6.4.16 Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing production and adoption of Electric Vehicles