Product Code: 66081
The market for Propanol is anticipated to register a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period 2019-2024. Major factors driving the market studied are the growing demand from the personal care industry. Its prohibition for use as feed additives is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Increasing demand form the Pharmaceutical industry is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia- Pacific dominates the market. Countries like India, China holds a strong position in manufacturing and consuming of propanol.
Scope of the Report
The propanol market report includes:
Key Market Trends
Growing application from Pharmaceutical Industry
- Isopropanol is used as an antiseptic in the pharmaceutical industry. It is also used as a disinfectant and sanitizing agent. It can be found in sanitizer, medicines, soaps, etc.
- Isopropanol is used in safe and small quantities in manufacturing capsules and tablets.
- Consumption and production of propanol are majorly growing in developing countries such as India, China, etc.
- Globally, the revenue generated by the pharmaceutical industry in 2017 was about USD 1,135.1 billion and in 2018 the revenue increase to USD 1,204.8 billion. The pharmaceutical industry increased by around 6% from the previous year.
- Such positive growth in the pharmaceutical industry is likely to increase the demand of propanol in the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share in 2018.
- Due to the demand from propanol in industries such as pharmaceutical, printing, cosmetics is driving the growth in countries such as India, China, etc.
- The market of pharmaceutical and cosmetic is growing fast in India, China, which benefited the manufacturers and exporters of isopropanol.
- China and Japan fall under the top 10 market of pharmaceutical in the world. In 2017, the growth of the pharamaceutical market in China increased by 4%.
- Furthermore, the growth of the global cosmetic market is increasing rapidly. According to L'Oreal, the growth rate of the cosmetic industry in 2018 increased by around 5.5%
- Next few years are likely the positive market for pharmaceutical and cosmetic products in the Asia-Pacific.
- Hence, the Asia-Pacific region is also expected to witness the highest CAGR in the propanol market during the forecast period.
The propanol market is partially fragmented. In terms of market share, a few numbers of players currently dominate the market. Key players in the propanol market include DowDuPont, Honeywell International Inc., Exxon Mobil Corporation, BASF SE, Royal Dutch Shell plc etc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand from Personal Care Industry
- 4.1.2 Growing Demand in Asia- Pacific Region
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Prohibited for Use as a Feed Additive
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Product Type
- 5.1.1 N- Propanol
- 5.1.2 Isopropanol
- 5.2 By End-User Industry
- 5.2.1 Pharmaceutical
- 5.2.2 Chemical
- 5.2.3 Personal Care
- 5.2.4 Printing Inks
- 5.2.5 Paints & Coatings
- 5.2.6 Others (Automotive, Agriculture, Packaging, etc.)
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 Australia & New Zealand
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Mexico
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Russia
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 BASF SE
- 6.4.2 Central Drug House
- 6.4.3 Deepak Fertilisers And Petrochemicals Corporation Limited (DFPCL)
- 6.4.4 DowDuPont
- 6.4.5 Eastman Chemical Company
- 6.4.6 Exxon Mobil Corporation
- 6.4.7 HiMedia Laboratories
- 6.4.8 Honeywell International Inc.
- 6.4.9 LyondellBasell
- 6.4.10 Paari Chem Resources
- 6.4.11 Penta Manufacturer
- 6.4.12 Pon Pure Chemicals
- 6.4.13 RIDHDHI SIDHDHI CHEMICALS
- 6.4.14 Royal Dutch Shell plc
- 6.4.15 Solventis
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing Demand in Pharmaeutical Industry
- 7.2 Substituting Gasoline as Fuel