Product Code: 66479
The acousto optic devices market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.24% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). The use of acousto optic devices varies for a wide range of wavelengths to measure or process laser beams for different processes, systems, and applications. These devices require different AO materials according to the requirements for varying levels of light intensity. Acousto optic devices can deflect and modulate laser. The performance of these devices is achieved by making a high-quality single crystal. Modulators are used across different industry verticals and have enhanced the capability for controlling frequency, direction, and power of laser beam with an electric signal. They are also used in the semiconductors industry where it is needed in laser equipment for electronic control of the laser beam.
- Acousto-optic devices are gaining importance due to the growing demand for laser applications in the life science and scientific research vertical. There is an increase in demand for acousto-optic modulators, which is expected to drive the growth of the acousto-optic devices market.
- Due to rising demand for laser devices in healthcare vertical for wrinkle reduction, tattoo removal, skin resurfacing, optical coherence tomography, LASIK surgery, hair removal, body contouring etc this market is attaining growth.
- There are high initial cost and increasing requirement-specific research and development expenses on this technology which may hinder the growth of the market. Various acousto-optic devices such as deflectors, modulators, and tunable filters are widely used in order to modulate the intensity and frequency of laser beams for laser scanning applications.
Scope of the Report
Acousto-optic devices are widely used with laser systems internally or externally for the electronic control of the position and intensity of the laser beam. The methods of modulation of optical beams through acousto-optics find wide applications in spectroscopy, optics and laser technology. the study considers the finished acousto-optic device ready for the end-user industry application. The operation of acousto-optic devices is based on the phenomenon of light diffraction by ultrasonic waves in crystals.
Key Market Trends
Laser Processing Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Laser Processing Acousto Optic Devices are used with laser systems for marking semiconductor components. Various players in this market provide high-speed semiconductor marking solutions, which boosts the demand for acousto-optic devices technology in semiconductor and electronics vertical. Laser processing acousto-optic devices have a lot of opportunities.
- Laser Systems are adopted by various manufacturing plants worldwide to ensure precision in welding, cutting, engraving, and marking of products. Lasers are also used in the automotive industry to cut composite material and airbag cloth.
- Some other applications and uses in the automotive sector are welding of components such as gears, doors, and powertrains. The packaging industry uses laser systems to mark batch numbers and expiration dates. Thus, the rising investments in manufacturing facilities will drive the demand for laser systems, in turn, driving the acousto-optic devices market.
Asia-Pacific Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness significant growth in the upcoming years. This region is fast picking up pace in the acousto-optic market owing to growing industrialization and adoption of optical technologies to provide accurate solutions by developing countries. Countries such as China, Japan, South Korea, and India are some of the major markets.
- The huge growth in the semiconductor industry, along with emerging applications of acousto optic devices are some of the reasons contributing to the growth of the overall market. Due to the rapid industrialization in this region is contributing to the growth of this market.
- Due to increasing demand for laser devices by the automotive industry, there is a growth in this market. For instance, laser devices are increasingly being used by automotive manufacturers for cutting and welding body parts such as seat backs and door panels. According to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers, in 2016, 28,118,794 vehicles were produced in China. Similarly, 4,488,965 and 9,204,590 vehicles were produced in India and Japan respectively in 2016.
The acousto optic devices market is fragmented and is a highly competitive market without dominant players present in the market. The key players are focusing on innovation in production technologies in order to improve efficiency.
- February 2019 - Gooch and Housego PLC partners on a new European project on miniature lasercom transceivers. This project aims to develop the next generation miniature lasercom transceivers enabling greater than 50 Gb/s satellite constellation interconnectivity.
- October 2018 - AA Opto Electronics Ltd. introduced a compact visible modulator for applications where space is a concern. AA proposed a compact modulator for visible range 450-700nm with a soft RF cable to make the integration easier.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Increasing Demand for Laser Applications
- 4.3.2 Increase in the Number of Modulators
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 High Initial Cost and Increasing R&D Expenses
- 4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Device Type
- 5.1.1 Modulators
- 5.1.2 Deflectors
- 5.1.3 Frequency Shifter
- 5.1.4 Q-Switches
- 5.1.5 Tunable Filters
- 5.1.6 Other Device Types
- 5.2 By Application
- 5.2.1 Material Processing
- 5.2.2 Laser Processing
- 5.2.3 Other Applications
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia Pacific
- 5.3.4 Rest of the world
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Gooch and Housego PLC
- 6.1.2 Brimrose Corporation Of America
- 6.1.3 Isomet Corporation
- 6.1.4 Harris Corporation
- 6.1.5 AMS Technologies AG
- 6.1.6 AA Opto Electronics Ltd.
- 6.1.7 IntraAction Corporation
- 6.1.8 Lightcomm Technology Co. Ltd.
- 6.1.9 A.P.E. Angewandte Physik & Elektronik GmbH
- 6.1.10 Coherent Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS