Product Code: 61271
The market for liquid applied membrane is expected to register a CAGR of more than 7%, during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market is the growing usage of waterproofing membranes to maintain the longevity of buildings. However, the availability of substitutes, such as sheet membranes, is expected to hinder the growth of the liquid applied membrane market.
- Roofing segment dominated the market, and is expected to grow during the forecast period, owing to the increasing construction activities across the world.
- Increasing office space construction is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with the largest consumption from countries, such as China and India.
Key Market Trends
Roofing Application is Expected to Dominate the Market
- The waterproofing of concrete roofs has always been a great challenge to engineers and coating specifiers. With the increased complexity of structural movements, the growing concern for leakages in the concrete structures has carved the needs for diverse waterproofing systems for a long time.
- An effective and durable waterproofing system is absolutely critical to ensure the long-term durability of the concrete slabs, as well as to keep maintenance costs low, by avoiding costly repairs.
- Liquid applied membranes that cure to form rubber-like elastomeric waterproof membranes are capable of stretching and returning to its original shape without damage. These membranes have found wide acceptance in the roofing market.
- These membranes are applied in roofing by conventional methods, like brush, roller, or single component airless spray, with a single coat yielding around 450-500 microns per coat, with a re-coat window of four hours. They have excellent crack bridging abilities to tackle the structural movements in the concrete. They also possess puncture resistance quality to build landscaping, gardens, and ballast or pavers over them, without undermining the integrity of the waterproofed layer.
- The liquid applied membranes in roofing offer complete water-tightness with long life expectancy and minimal maintenance. These membranes are applied without the use of bitumen, open flames, or solvents, and do not contain seams or stitches.
North America Region to Dominate the Market
- The North American region dominated the global market share. The United States is the largest market for liquid applied membranes in North America. This is majorly owing to the increase in the number of housing projects, growing underground water construction requirements and rising infrastructural developments in the country.
- Residential construction for single families witnessed a growth in the states of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Washington, Utah, Tennessee, Ohio, California, Idaho, and South Carolina. This has led to a significant increase in the demand for liquid applied membranes in the country.
- Recently, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) decided to allocate an estimated USD 6 billion in Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA) loans for water infrastructure projects.
- Additionally, the country has more than 100 million square feet of space, still under construction for office requirements. Therefore, considering the aforementioned factors, the market for liquid applied membrane is expected to witness high growth in the country, during the forecast period.
The liquid applied membrane market is partly fragmented and is dominated by very few players. Some of these major players include BASF SE, Sika AG, Saint Gobain Weber, Kemper System Ltd, and Johns Manville, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Usage of Waterproofing Membranes to Maintain Longevity of Buildings
- 4.1.2 Increasing Benefits of Liquid Applied Membranes resulting in Cost Effective Construction
- 4.1.3 Growing Infrastructural and Commercial Projects in Emerging Economies
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Availability of Substitutes, such as Sheet Membranes
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Polyurethane
- 5.1.2 Cementitious
- 5.1.3 Bituminous
- 5.1.4 Other Types
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Roofing
- 5.2.2 Walls
- 5.2.3 Underground and Tunnels
- 5.2.4 Other Applications
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 22.214.171.124 China
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 Italy
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Sika AG
- 6.4.2 BASF SE
- 6.4.3 Carlisle Companies Inc.
- 6.4.4 Dow
- 6.4.5 GCP Applied Technologies Inc.
- 6.4.6 Henry Company
- 6.4.7 Johns Manville
- 6.4.8 Kemper System America Inc.
- 6.4.9 Soprema Group
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing Office Space Construction