Product Code: 66300
OSAT Market is expected to register a CAGR of 6% over the forecast period (2020 - 2025). The increased demand from Automotive subsystems and connected devices are said to be the main driving force in the forecasted period.
- The Smartphone segment was the biggest customer of OSAT providers, with more than 1 billion shipments every year. But the market is saturated and declining. The smartphone still is a very significant segment for OSAT players owing to the number of shipments. Furthermore, the industry is very competitive, and the introduction of 5G is further going to bring a new lease of life to the market.
- Connectivity id core of Industry 4.0 due to which there demand edge computing and IoT device is said to grow exponentially in the future. Also, there has been the widespread implementation of AI, and newer chips are being developed by smaller players in the market like who lack testing and packaging infrastructure.
- Furthermore, the market for semiconductors is very competitive. Chip providers are forced to introduce new products with a short duration. The chip makers are also trying to integrate as many components possible into a single chip which has further increased the complexity. These chipmakers are mostly dependent on the OSAT companies as they have limited technical expertise, and infrastructure to meet the current market demands.
Scope of the Report
OSAT Providers are third-party service providers of semiconductor assembly, packaging, and testing of semiconductor ICs. OSAT is playing a crucial role in the semiconductor industry by bridging the gap between the design and availability of ICs.
Key Market Trends
Automotive Sector is Expected to Have Highest Growth
- The Automotive industry going through a seismic shift and the semiconductor industry has mostly benefited from it. The number of electronics installed in a system has gone up drastically, and one of the vital components in the Automotive industry is going to be the ADAS system. Furthermore, the ADAS system is going to have even more extensive penetration due to the new regulations by the EU and the US, where all the vehicles should be equipped with autonomous emergency braking systems and forward-collision warning systems by 2020.
- Continued strong growth in demand for driver assistance systems is ensuring that more semiconductors with more functions are finding their way into cars. Chips with built-in 'intelligence,' known as ASICs, are tailored to a particular application.
- Many semiconductor companies who had traditionally stayed away from the Automotive sector are venturing into this market and OSAT players like Amkor have set up dedicated facilities which cater to only the requirements of the automotive sector.
China is Emerging as Major Market for OSAT
- China is currently the largest market for OSAT Market, globally. Unlike many regions in the world, the government here has recognized the potential of the market and has pledged, mentioned continued incentives and support for OSAT providers in their "Made in China 2025" plan.
- China is the home to companies like TSMC, ASE, who have partnered with tech giants like Apple, Hisilicon, Qualcomm, NVIDIA and AMD. Owing to the proactive actions of the government to support the semiconductor industry the PRC is emerging as a huge potential market and is expected to have the highest growth rate over the forecast period.
- The collaboration of Chinese companies with other established foreign companies is expected to be a development that might be observed in the region. The US and China, ongoing trade war tensions are expected to impact the market and may hamper the growth owing to such market impacting developments.
OSAT Market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. ACE, Amkor, and JCET were the major players who accounted for more than 50% share in 2017.
- April 2018 - Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. and Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. became sister companies under a new joint holding company, ASE Technology Holding Co. LTD. The merger further consolidated the Advanced Semiconductor Engineering position as the market leader.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Increased Applications of Semiconductors in Automotive
- 4.2.2 Increase in IoT Devices
- 4.2.3 Increase in the Demand for Smartphones
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Increasing Raw Material Cost
- 4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Services
- 5.1.1 Testing
- 5.1.2 Packaging
- 5.2 By Type of Packaging
- 5.2.1 Ball Grid Array Packaging
- 5.2.2 Chip Scale Packaging
- 5.2.3 Stacked Die Packaging
- 5.2.4 Multi-chip Packaging
- 5.2.5 Quad and Dual Packaging
- 5.3 By End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Automotive
- 5.3.2 Consumer Electronics
- 5.3.3 Computing and Networking
- 5.3.4 Industrial Applications
- 5.3.5 Telecommunication
- 5.3.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 ASE Technology Holding Co., Ltd.
- 6.1.2 Amkor Technology, Inc.
- 6.1.3 STATS ChipPAC Pte. Ltd.
- 6.1.4 Greatek Electronics Inc.
- 6.1.5 ChipMOS technologies Inc.
- 6.1.6 SK Hynix Inc.
- 6.1.7 LG Innotek
- 6.1.8 Formosa Advanced Technologies Co., Ltd.
- 6.1.9 Jiangsu Changjiang Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.
- 6.1.10 UTAC holdings Ltd.
- 6.1.11 Lingsen Precision Industries Ltd.
- 6.1.12 Nantong Fujitsu Microelectronics Co. Ltd
- 6.1.13 Walton Advanced Engineering Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS